who is greg westaway and what does he run?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

who is greg westaway and what does he run?

he started his own business in 1982, to become one of the largest logistics and supply distributions business in australia...

started off in the moorabin areas.

Greg westaway is the owner of this massive private company, which he founded and built up in 25 years.

http://www.pubserv.com.au/lmh/distribut ... /greg.html

thats a reasonable size logistics and distribution organisation circa 1999

Gregorys transport

http://www.g-o.com.au/

size today

Gregorys Melbourne have three warehouse sites in the metropolitan area offering a total of 500,000 square foot of general storage space and 36,000 square foot dedicated to document storage and record management (Approved Public Record Office Storage Supplier).

again he would seem to be a significantly capable individual, with no doubt a massive ego, work ethic etc, in other words a similar sort of person to RB and a competitor to Fox...

also his business seems to be financially sound, responsibly run and i haven't seen any press regarding gregories mistreating staff or similarly negative press about him.

he does seem capable of delegating work to effective managers though.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Brewer
Club Player

I have no problem with ego. We need a bit of ego. It works alright for Collingwood.

As long as with the ego you also have the balls to back yourself.

I don't think Butterss has balls. He has ego in spades when it comes to having a public spat with his old mate, but he has no balls to stand up to the AFL (or the challenging ticket - it's all about 'we'll do whatever the AFL think we should do' and 'I'm really offended at your implications').

Where are your balls Butterss? Fight like a man or get out of the kitchen. I'm sick of us bowing to everyone and STILL getting shafted.

Hopefully we'll see Westaway develop a pair over the next few weeks, stand up and be seen a bit more. He has already made it clear he doesn't give a fig what the AFL think, that's a good start. He certainly hasn't got where he is in the trucking game by being a yes man (not sure exactly how Butterss made his millions, but I doubt he's really had to go toe to toe with many influential people).

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Brewer wrote:Fight like a man or get out of the kitchen.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: