Luke Ball circa 2005 !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Luke Ball circa 2005 !!

I've had a bit of down time over the past few days and had a look at a couple of tapes of our 2005 season.

After two injury ravaged seasons it is easy to forget how good a footballer Luke Ball really is. Lets hope that the surgery he had last week corrects ALL of his ailments and he can again show us exactly how good he really is !!

wildgoose
Club Player

Lets hope so, he was All Australian, and Best and Fairest that year.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
Quixote
SS Life Member

I think we all hope Ball can get back to 04/05 form

He was outstanding/elite

Though what is the reality of the situation? Any informed opinions on his physical state and it's chances of recovery?

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Must say was thinking this today....Luke Ball back to near his best IS that midfielder that we desperately miss - hes got that much skill and weve seen it.........hed be like a new recruit.

I do worry about any long term effects from this...and if it is infacts recoverable.....lets hope so before the guys footballing peak goes past.

“Yeah….nah””
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

IMHO.... if he doesn't recover... surely he will go down as the most skilled / hardest / cleanest / respected football who was physically robbed of reaching his own zenith through circumstances completely outside his control.....

In hindsight, maybe he should have stuck to Cricket and racked up 10,000 runs for Australia...... what a talent!!!

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

i think the club has to take the stance that he WILL NOT be played until he is ABSOLUTELY 100% fit

not 90%, not 95%, not 98%, 100%!!!

we have to take a long term approach looking at the next 10 years, not next half a season

i hope the surgery does the trick

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Seaford_Saint wrote:IMHO.... if he doesn't recover... surely he will go down as the most skilled / hardest / cleanest / respected football who was physically robbed of reaching his own zenith through circumstances completely outside his control.....

In hindsight, maybe he should have stuck to Cricket and racked up 10,000 runs for Australia...... what a talent!!!
He's still young, if he can't properly recover after the operation perhaps he should switch to cricket.....I'd prefer to see Bally firing at cricket than struggling for years playing AFL....it's been hard to watch him the past 2 seasons.

hAyES
Club Player

He should definately be rested until he's 100% ready, but he should've been rested a long time ago.