Waldron and Balme SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:Have no problem with someone who has thought through the issues. I just think there is a cheer squad who will vote for anything that is qlitzy if it has substance or not.
AFAIAC the FFS has no substance and I dont want to see a bunch with no plan wrecking the club financially.
This substance that the SFF is lacking, how is it attributed to the current board.

The fact that we have a partnership of four members of the board in business together, doesn't give them a basic right to every vote the board carries out?

SFF may not have any substance yet, they haven't given an outline of how to avhieve the results they've promised, true but i'm positive there will be an announcement full of promise, hell if you want perhaps accompanied by bells and whistles before any vote is carried out.

The fact that the incumbants wanted to take away the right for us to vote and give the decision to the AFL seems to make me think substance isn't forthcoming there either, unless as percieved it's the substane abuse we all heard about!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:T

You have a right to decide how you vote, you balance that decision with whatever ideals you fancy. I don't give a rats that Butterss sacked Thomas, I don't give a rats that he gets more and better looking girlies than me, I don't givve a fat toss that he owns a twenty million dollar house in Brighton, I don't give a fag that he's got the stupiddest hair cut in history, I care that he should lead a strong united and stable St Kilda football club. I care that the reason he sacked Thomas was to use Thomas' own tag and say "we don't accept mediocrity", I care that for the entire year he has been mediocre or worse.

I love Nathan Burke, named my son after him actually, called him Burkey :wink: , I

you forgot to mention the designer stubble........it really is a silly haircut isn't it..????.makes the guy look like a dill...which of course he isn't.....sleazy, yes..a dill no.....

..ps ...you could have made a worse choice for naming your son......we called our second son anthony....

...he answers to "cuz', these days..... :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Have no problem with someone who has thought through the issues. I just think there is a cheer squad who will vote for anything that is qlitzy if it has substance or not.
AFAIAC the FFS has no substance and I dont want to see a bunch with no plan wrecking the club financially.
Whilst I agree with your sentiments Joffaboy, I haven't quite come to that point yet.

What I will say is that I need to see detail from them before I can decide whether they have substance or not.

At this stage it would appear the election will be between on the one hand,

the incumbents who are saying, look how well we've managed the finances, and now we are at the stage to spend more on other areas. Also forgive us for any past sins that we mention. Gdanski and Levin are traitorous dogs.

and the other hand

SFF who are saying that they will manage the future better by spending more money on football, raise revenue, and not partake in drugs and/or alcohol at board meetings and club functions. Also, don't forgive the incumbents for any past sins that we may/will mention. Gdanski and Levin are men of honour.

As I understand it, this is what I'm being asked to vote on.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

How do you know they have no plan JB?

Because you havent seen it?

Because they refuse to throw all their eggs in one basket - for RB's sake - with almost 2 months still to the EGM?

They have put forward a solid proposal for the time. They cant put forward a full proposition when there ISNT a major sponsor... or too many minor sponsors for that matter.

Why arent there, I wonder...

Before you go bagging anyone who wants change, why not think about it this way. The new ticket surely cannot put forward a full financial plan without having a guaranteed income from sponsers.
Give it some time, like I said theres still about 7 weeks till the EGM at Moorabbin Town Hall, Im sure we will hear more between now and then.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Nick, what you are saying is fair and reasonable

Except

If all they were doing is asking me to turn up to the EGM and vote after they and their opponents have put forward their case then I would have no problem.

But that is not what they are doing.

They are asking for my proxy along with all other member's proxy.

Surely you, I and everybody else should be entitled to know their full plans before giving them their vote? Is that an unreasonable request?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:How do you know they have no plan JB?

Exactly - until I see a comprehensive financial and strategic plan that will grow revenue at least in line with or if not better the proposed huge spend up on FTE's and others willy nilly spending, I will continue to say they have no substance.

A glitzy pamphlet with motherhood blatherings doesn't fool anyone with an ounce of financial acumen.

Until they treat the membership with respect and release their full plan, they will be a paper tiger - all piss and wind.

Already have cried off having their plan analysed by the best football industry financial organisation in the land - the AFL.

AFAIAC they are hiding behind personality and I will continue down this line until they come up with something substantial.

I wont be fooled into a headlong rush to annoint Westaway and the rest as saviours without any detail.

But hey feel free to do so if you wish. Plenty are by the looks of it.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
n1ck wrote:How do you know they have no plan JB?

Exactly - until I see a comprehensive financial and strategic plan that will grow revenue at least in line with or if not better the proposed huge spend up on FTE's and others willy nilly spending, I will continue to say they have no substance.

A glitzy pamphlet with motherhood blatherings doesn't fool anyone with an ounce of financial acumen.

Until they treat the membership with respect and release their full plan, they will be a paper tiger - all piss and wind.

Already have cried off having their plan analysed by the best football industry financial organisation in the land - the AFL.

AFAIAC they are hiding behind personality and I will continue down this line until they come up with something substantial.

I wont be fooled into a headlong rush to annoint Westaway and the rest as saviours without any detail.

But hey feel free to do so if you wish. Plenty are by the looks of it.
Do you think the current Board has the club in good, sustainable shape?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote: They are asking for my proxy along with all other member's proxy.

Surely you, I and everybody else should be entitled to know their full plans before giving them their vote? Is that an unreasonable request?
yes - you are disloyal because you dont have the faith. You are trying to be objective MM, how dare you.

Obviously you are not a STKFC supporter because you wont support the annointed one, without one piece of information.

Thats right. Oh we wont tell you our plans, we wont submit them to analysis, but send your proxy vote to NATHAN BURKE
or me and everything will be OK. Trust me, I'm a magnate.

Fair Dinkum :roll: :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Richter
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
Eastern wrote:I think you'll find that Andrew Thompson is highly qualified in the Financial Field with tertiary qualifications. I believe he is a qualified stockbroker and has always had at least a part - time job. I remember that he worked in the financial dept of Mariner Theatres for a while !!
Not having a dig at you Eastern

but made me think of a quote from Warren Buffet
on money advice/investment

Why would you take advice off a person who catches the subway to work!!
Get a grip - for someone who is a stockbroker and used to dealing with extremely large financial transactions I hardly think that a small operation like the $30m organisation of St Kilda football club is going to faze him.

Get some perspective please, we're a small sporting club not some sort of Manchester united by the sea.

Also, AT is the son-in-law of the former ICC chief executive and it has been reported that he has consulted him prior to becoming involved in SFF. I think perhaps that they have more clue of AT's ability to become involved than any of us - most of whom have never spoken to or met AT.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: Do you think the current Board has the club in good, sustainable shape?
Irrelevant - stick to the topic, which is the FFS and the foot in mouth gorilla who want to replace the jobs for the boys internet spiv.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Also, AT is the son-in-law of the former ICC chief executive
I am the son-in-law of a plumber, should I start fixing peoples pipes?

A stockbroker has very different skills to someone in finance.
Last edited by joffaboy on Fri 14 Sep 2007 2:51pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lance or James??

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:[
Rodger, Even if they haven't, does that mean we should just blindly vote for anybody who stands against them?

On what basis are you advocating to vote for SFF?

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
A glossy piece of fairy floss and two ex footballers apparently.

Lance or James??

Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

For those harping on about seeing a plan I ask you have any of you ever seen a plan of what the board plan to do to make the club successful???

All I have ever heard from the Butterss board was try hard corporate lingo that I put up with & defended because I could see tangible improvements at the club. I have not seen this since the end of 2005.

What FF have presented in the last week is a drastic improvement on anything that the current board has sent to the members.

I would not really expect to have insider knowledge of financial plans & who is a potential sponsor because it is CONFIDENTIAL information. If FF came out a said "We've got BHP lined up as a major sponsor, they're going to put $5mil a season in"... do you reckon other clubs wouldn't be going straight to BHP to try to pinch such a lucrative sponsorship.

I am not disillusioned with the Butterss board because they have got the club into the black or not put $$$ into the footy department.

I am disillusioned with Rod Butterss personally for embarassing the club continually with his stupid spat with Thomas. He was embarassing after sacking Thomas & has continued on that path consistently during the 12 months since.

I'm also very concerned with the high turnover of sponsors... it just makes the club look half arsed & is BAD BUSINESS.

I am amazed at the claims that we have the lowest revenue streams in the AFL.. considering the supporter base we have, the media exposure and the relative level of on field success over the past 4 years.

There are major concerns with the public image of the club & the business direction outside of the debt free position that we're in.

As I posted before-

Rod Butterss 7 yrs in the media spotlight= continual embarrassing gaffes.
Greg Westaway 3 days in the media spotlight= one embarrassing gaffe.

Since when do members of St.Kilda

Richter
SS Life Member

Amazing what all things St Kilda can do to people. You seem to have lost your marbles JB. According to you the potential new president of St Kilda is a
tosser foot in mouth gorilla
I seem to remember you being the first to jump on other posters backs earlier in the season when the new coach was getting it after only a handful of games. Now you seem to be happy to abuse this guy on the basis of a couple of interviews and selective quotes in the media.

You clearly have a lot of knowledge about financial/accounting things, and I'm glad that you are sharing that and wishing to hold the SFF to account. However IMO abusing the potential next President in this way is just plain hysterical.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:[
Rodger, Even if they haven't, does that mean we should just blindly vote for anybody who stands against them?

I didn't advocate voting for anything.

I just noticed that Joffaboy doesn't rate SFF at all, and appears angry and contemptuous about them.

I was wondering what he is comparing them too, to get that impression.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:

You clearly have a lot of knowledge about financial/accounting things, and I'm glad that you are sharing that and wishing to hold the SFF to account. However IMO abusing the potential next President in this way is just plain hysterical.
Cant remember Ross Lyon ever getting a back page spread suggesting that people in the club were taking drugs and were constantly pissed at functions.

You find that appropriate in the new president? Fair enoug.

Lance or James??

GrumpyOne

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote:

Cant remember Ross Lyon ever getting a back page spread suggesting that people in the club were taking drugs and were constantly pissed at functions.

Not taking sides here Joffa, but I can remember Butterss making the papers for several comments I found inappropriate.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:I just noticed that Joffaboy doesn't rate SFF at all, and appears angry and contemptuous about them.
Not angry - just amazed at their contemptusness toward the members. Tell them nothing but ask for their proxies.

Only person I am disgusted with is the dunderhead wanting to be president smearing with gutter tactics. What a doofus.

F*** we are gunna replace the internet spiv with this clown. :roll: :roll:
rodgerfox wrote:I was wondering what he is comparing them too, to get that impression.
Cant compare them to anything, because I have seen nothing from them. I have the financial statements from the STKFC since 2002 to see the financial performance of the incumbants.

When are the FFS going to give us a comprehensive plan both financially and strategically?

When they do and I analyse it I may come to a different conclusion.

At the moment I wont be voting for either lot of clowns. Would not vote for Butters and couldn't vote for the cabbage from FFS.

Lance or James??

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

GrumpyOne wrote: Not taking sides here Joffa, but I can remember Butterss making the papers for several comments I found inappropriate.
i agree - the guy is a first rate tosser who has to go. But surely yopu dont just vote anyone in and hope for the best.

Thats my whole point.

Then again we still have plenty of time for them to give us their comprehensive plan for the future.

Lance or James??

GrumpyOne

joffaboy wrote:
GrumpyOne wrote: Not taking sides here Joffa, but I can remember Butterss making the papers for several comments I found inappropriate.
i agree - the guy is a first rate tosser who has to go. But surely yopu dont just vote anyone in and hope for the best.

Thats my whole point.
So what do we do? Wait for the Bedwell ticket?

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote: Cant remember Ross Lyon ever getting a back page spread suggesting that people in the club were taking drugs and were constantly pissed at functions.

The potential new president wrote the article did he? Or made the current incumbent get drunk and appear at club functions did he?

Perhaps you should direct your ire towards where it really belongs.

Surely you can see how pleased RB must have been to attempt to sidetrack people. Don't ask me about my plans for the future and the possible failures in my board's activities - look how this bloke is attacking my reputation...... oh and while you're at it, I don't want the members to decide what's best for the club, that's the AFLs job.

It is the response to GW's reasonable remarks that should be questioned - and the reasons he made them in the first place.

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote:Also, AT is the son-in-law of the former ICC chief executive
I am the son-in-law of a plumber, should I start fixing peoples pipes?

A stockbroker has very different skills to someone in finance.
AT is a former footballer with some outside experience in the financial world (works for a merchant bank) with some qualifications (ASIC approved in Securities) whose close family member, whom he has consulted, is a former CEO of one of the world's largest sporting organisations.

It amazes me that some may question his suitability to be a member of this ticket. He is probably the most suitable person that one could imagine. Yes, perhaps a bit light in time spent at the coalface in the business/sporting administration world, but certainly with plenty to offer.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

I just dont see the point of, or any reason for, the anger JB.

Theres 2 months until the EGM. Nobody is forcing anyone to send in any vote or give anyone their proxy until then.

How can SFF give anyone a detailed financial plan when we dont have any sponsors!!

Go Sretnias Go
Club Player

Joffaboy, get back to writing up the books instead of insulting intelligent members of this forum by calling people morons, etc. etc.
Maybe you can spend ample time on this forum during working hours so therefore, clever as you think you may be, why don't you get a ticket together and be the Club's saviour.
For there is one thing for sure, Butterss and his mates have caused great anxiety and concern to thousands of members with their petty and incompetant actions over the past year and without doubt, must go.
If Butterss was smart, he and his mates as identified by SFF should all resign now and encourage a healthy transition to a new Board so that they may get moving towards the re-employment of some of our very capable staff, the securing of replacement sponsers, sorting out the redevelopment debacle etc - do you want me to go on? There is plenty more.
So JB, maybe you are able to be the Club's saviour. Westerway and his team are at least trying to give a go :) :) :) :)

Once a Sainter always a Sainter.