Waldron and Balme SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Waldron and Balme SEN

Interseting comments re Westaway comments

Waldron (whilst admitting some bias) recognised RB input etc
unfairly targeted in some cases

Balme.........easy to say ....attack the current... easy to say we will do this that blah blah

BUT WILL THEY etc

also interesting grab in sen news highlights from player manager NIXON

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

what did nixon have to say.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Nixon basically said that (while he is not supporting Butterss) the current board members acting as they have done (ie Gdanski and Levin) is disgraceful.

He also stated basically that what would 2 ex players with little business experience know about running a $30,000 million Corporation.

Now while I have decided to vote FF....

Yes I would tend to think that Gdanski and Levin should have resigned from the Board if they were in such disagreement with it (they have not just so that as a Director an EGM can be called).

Now while you would expect Board members to not always agree...you are basically duty bound as a Board member to go along with the majority...and if that is not agreeable to you then you should resign.

That I think that BOTH AT and NB on a Board is one player two many. You can argue that one adds football input...but two is clearly not warranted particularly when purely from a business experience their CVs are very lacking.

I remain very very uneasy about Gdanski....
Last edited by saintsRrising on Fri 14 Sep 2007 12:42pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
chook23
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:what did nixon have to say.....
Sorry tinger I must write things down if I am going to mention a small grab from SEN

Obvioulsy not wor for word etc
radio on in background.

-Inappropriate comments from Westaway
-Might be great to have to Ex footballers but questioned their buisness experience to help run a 30mil organisation etc etc
-board members working with other parties whilst still active on current board or similar

There is a growing amount of people in the football industry (along with above)with much more experience that any of us that have had negative comments in relation to Westaway comments

nothing really that has not been discussed in some threads

saint4life
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:
Sorry tinger I must write things down if I am going to mention a small grab from SEN

radio on in background.

-Might be great to have to Ex footballers but questioned their buisness experience to help run a 30mil organisation etc etc
-board members working with other parties whilst still active on current board or similar

There is a growing amount of people in the football industry (along with above)with much more experience that any of us that have had negative comments in relation to Westaway comments

Yes - this Westaway for president is beginning to have a wiff of stench about it.

I suppose Waldron and Balme and Nixon are all biased and are friends of Butters, or the AFL have told them to say what they did, or they all have no credibility.

Where is the FFS cheersquad to howl down any alternate view and to sully and tarnish the reputation of anyone daring to voice them?

I am sure they will be along in a moment.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

joffa I just wondering you are posting all this negative stuff about SFF because you obviously are a RB fan (which is fine and your opinion) but do you actually post to defend butters or try and sway some forumites away from SFF? This is not having a dig at you just curious.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
chook23 wrote:

radio on in background.

Yes - this Westaway for president is beginning to have a wiff of stench about it.

I suppose Waldron and Balme and Nixon are all biased and are friends of Butters, or the AFL have told them to say what they did, or they all have no credibility.

Where is the FFS cheersquad to howl down any alternate view and to sully and tarnish the reputation of anyone daring to voice them?

I am sure they will be along in a moment.

well...that's a worry......but so are some of the things i hear .....nixon and waldron both have credibility with me...nixon is a saints supporter....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Whilst you comments/question not to me ausfatcat

What is negative about seeking more info on SFF

saint4life
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

chook theres a difference between asking for more info (which I want) and just bagging and bagging with every post.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

ausfatcat wrote:joffa I just wondering you are posting all this negative stuff about SFF because you obviously are a RB fan (which is fine and your opinion) but do you actually post to defend butters or try and sway some forumites away from SFF? This is not having a dig at you just curious.
Posted numerous times that I am not a Butters fan and would like him gone.

You obviously cant read or choose not to.

I am just amazed at the headlong rush to a obvious fool like Westaway for president.

Haven't you people had enough of morons as our front man?

His first comments to the media was to get into the gutter.

Then he hides behind the integrity of Nathan Burke.

If the FFs flicks Westaway I may vote for them. But with this tosser foot in mouth gorilla making the STKFC an even bigger laughing stock than it alreasy is (and that will be some feat) I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole.

Makes me despair for the club when the lemmings rush headlong to embrace this obvious tool, without one single financial plan to back them up apart from spend spend spend and no piss and drugs.

But hey if that floats your boat fine.

Just hope it doesn't destroy the club.

Are you one of the cheer squad BTW?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

I understand it better now joffa thankyou for your reply.

I too am not a fanboi of Westaway i think he spoke without relising the footy media and would've liked to seen better from him, I suppose it really comes down to current board as a whole vs SFF board as a whole rather than individuals.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

not having good media skills is not necessarily a bad thing.

burke is a polished performer, i dont have a problem with burke being the spokesperson for the club.

I've already posted im dissapointed in the way the ddrugs and alcohol pledge was presented, was amateurish.

not all CEOs or senior managers are great presenters, sat through a presentation by a Toyopotato senior manager and Telstra senior manager during APEC to foreign delegates and frankly i think they REDUCED our chances of exports by being dripping boring gumbytrons. Poor show putting up such bad public speakers, probably highly talented employees but FFS.

Westaway runs a successful business and I would judge him by his presentation, by opposited RB is a polished (till 2007) public speaker and franky in 07 RB has made an ass of himself over a number of issues (the spying on the players, GT, attacking our sponsors etc)

again Im probably leaning more towards not voting but Burke seems to be convinced he is doing the right thing and not for personal benifit so thats a bit of a motivating force for the challengers.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Not sure I place much stock in Nixon's comments, but I do respec the opinion of Brian Waldron. How I wish he was back as CEO!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
kaos theory
Club Player

well...that's a worry......but so are some of the things i hear .....nixon and waldron both have credibility with me...nixon is a saints supporter....
Nixon is a snake in the grass compared to Burkey... I know who I would trust.

killa_gram
Club Player

chook23 wrote:
Well that's a bit rich coming from an ex footy player himself. So how did he start in business? I am amazed Chicken ever got a start been an ex footy player and all.

I think you will find most sporting bodies have ex players as officals.

What a ridiculous comment, both AT and NB have admitted they are on the ticket to add their footy expertise and run the footy side of things. There are others on the ticket with the business nous to worry about that stuff. I am pretty sure Gregory's transport is a fair old business and the bloke running it is no idiot, same for Dana etc, etc.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Saint Mik
Club Player

Nixon is on the money for mine

Spoke of the days when he played for us and said how shyte the club was,
No money, No decent board and losing all the time with a shyte team with no stars

Now what do we have,

Money in the bank, a decent board and a winning culture with 12 or more absolute stars and we want a change to what

A bloke that is already very suspect and a couple of past players in a pretty tie with no business clout between them that are going to go the big spend on the back of nothing but dont worry it will be fine

Its no wonder plenty are starting to shake their heads at this ticket no credability at all on the table and losing what they had every day its only the ones that are in love with our past players that are going to get them over the line.

Ones with any business clout are saying you have got to be joking and stop with all this bullshyte and lets get back to it we have a club to run

You may not like RB's but at least you know he ISNT at risk of sending the club broke with spending the coin that the club may not have.

Get your SOS tins out people it wont be long before we are looking for a gold coin donation from the opposition teams supporters to cover the spending

How many members on here are in there early twenties saying get rid of RB's and bring in the flashy new board without knowing what it is like to barrack for an absolute shambles of a club that past boards have created on the back of broken dreams and saying we can do things better :evil:

I still cant see where it is all broken and needs to be fixed and if it has a problem it will be fixed in the future in the BEST intrests of the club not just onfeild success which is not a problem copared to other teams anyway we are in a GOOD position that will only get better under RL, time is needed everyone thinks it should of happend in the first year :roll:

I have said it before STABILITY goes a long way to success why would you take such a risk at the moment.

IT AINT THAT BROKEN

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
luckysaint
Club Player

kaos theory wrote:Nixon is a snake in the grass compared to Burkey... I know who I would trust.
He might be, might not... but if he is, he's a very successful one. He's got a good nous. That might be the deciding factor in my choice.

GrumpyOne

Saint Mik wrote:Nixon is on the money for mine

Spoke of the days when he played for us and said how shyte the club was,
No money, No decent board and losing all the time with a shyte team with no stars
Ahhh! Now I know why Nixon got a game. :wink:

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I missed hearinga all of it...

But my impression of what Waldron said was that RB had basically done a good job and definately has the best interests of the Saints at heart.....BUt that is perhaps time for a new broom...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:I missed hearinga all of it...

But my impression of what Waldron said was that RB had basically done a good job and definately has the best interests of the Saints at heart.....BUt that is perhaps time for a new broom...
as mentioned above sRr

that at the end in relation to discussion that stability is needed
if Rod stayed would be factions etc

saint4life
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

I think you'll find that Andrew Thompson is highly qualified in the Financial Field with tertiary qualifications. I believe he is a qualified stockbroker and has always had at least a part - time job. I remember that he worked in the financial dept of Mariner Theatres for a while !!

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Eastern wrote:I think you'll find that Andrew Thompson is highly qualified in the Financial Field with tertiary qualifications. I believe he is a qualified stockbroker and has always had at least a part - time job. I remember that he worked in the financial dept of Mariner Theatres for a while !!
Not having a dig at you Eastern

but made me think of a quote from Warren Buffet
on money advice/investment

Why would you take advice off a person who catches the subway to work!!

saint4life
bungiton
SS Life Member

The way I see the whole issue joffaboy, if you vote the incumbants you're voting for the individaul- Rod because at the moment that's it.

Why are these lemmings you so wrongfully accuse and disparage getting behind an alternative? Exactly becasue they are an alternative, we all seem to be in agreement of a neccessary change. the FF group has a good spread of talent, the addition of Burke and Thompson is a plus, these two I hold as upstanding and excellent Saint Kilda icons. Faces I relate to who for years have put the club before everything else, not something, not a little bit EVERYTHING!!!!

To have you cast aspersions on these two for nothing else than wanting a better outcome for this footy club are insulting. The fact Westaway made one stupid media statement is not a hanging offence of for farki sarki, Butters would have been hung twenty times this year alone. You attack his credentials, and his ambition to spend money on the Footy department, what a complete tool the guy must be, why not spend it better elsewhere, perhaps a new board table or s*** perhaps pool tables for the players, why not spend it all on piss and raffle it of to the members.

If we won a flag, I could not give a fat rats clacker if we had fifty cents in the bank, mind you the fact that he intends to offset this massive spending spree on such unimportant matters as
* player development,
* injury control and training facilities,
* and lo and behold recruitment, s*** we've done that so well up till now, why bother with that
by putting in place mechanisms to increase revenue seems to have been lost. I recall vividly every press conference where they have promised increased spending it has always been mentioned the mian aim is to also increase raising revenue, only spending money in the right areas.

So we want an alternative? Bedwell? Fox? It seems to me anyone that wants to rid this stupid board is or has been slagged by everyone, lambasted insulted and ridiculed. We want an alternative, if there is better, you get that ticket to present here and hold up the precious ideals you impose on the FF ticket, because it's them for mine, the alternative is not an alternative. One stupid comment is not a hanging offence, for lord knows,, I'd have been buried long ago.

You have a right to decide how you vote, you balance that decision with whatever ideals you fancy. I don't give a rats that Butterss sacked Thomas, I don't give a rats that he gets more and better looking girlies than me, I don't givve a fat toss that he owns a twenty million dollar house in Brighton, I don't give a fag that he's got the stupiddest hair cut in history, I care that he should lead a strong united and stable St Kilda football club. I care that the reason he sacked Thomas was to use Thomas' own tag and say "we don't accept mediocrity", I care that for the entire year he has been mediocre or worse.

I have no affitiation to Westaway, I love Nathan Burke, named my son after him actually, called him Burkey :wink: , I believe for this club to go forward from this date we need a change, the change will not be facilitated by those currently in charge, to move on we need to change, there is only one alternative at present so I am pinning my faith, my hopes and my dreams on them, because I believe not to change is going to be far worse than to allow the status quo.

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Saint Mik
Club Player

Waldron also mentioned of how one of RB's board members needed to put in $200k of his own money,when he was in one of his first meetings with the club back in the good old days just to cover player payments

They are all screaming about the money not being spent but WHY would you want to go back to this crap.

Its a fine balance between spending at the right time and spending at the wrong time and i will back RB's decisions anyday to spend the money when he see's fit and not just for the sake of spending in the HOPE it might make a difference.

Unless FF produce somthing very special other than glossy mail and pretty ties there is no way i'm taking the risk with my vote i'm pretty happy going to the footy at the moment and dont want to go back to the days of having to drag my sorry arse there.

Forget the past, Saints footy, One better in 2010
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Have no problem with someone who has thought through the issues. I just think there is a cheer squad who will vote for anything that is qlitzy if it has substance or not.
AFAIAC the FFS has no substance and I dont want to see a bunch with no plan wrecking the club financially.

Lance or James??