Westaway flying under radar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

Westaway flying under radar

Not much mention on this website

but IMHO his comments etc on the grog and drugs was a disgrace in the form that he did it.......In an interview he clearly clarified that it was referring to the board....

Many on here are quick to attack the integrity of

RB

Hutchy (in relation to Burke)
By the way I agree

Many experienced football people are attacking his comments

BUT HAS RECEIVED VERY LITTLE on here

saint4life
JeffDunne

Wanting to put in place a policy that bans alcohol and drug taking from official club meetings is a disgrace? :?

If the incumbents were smart their response would have been "No problems if that's their main concern, we'll sign off on that . . . what else have they got?"

Instead, we'll get "We are threatening legal action" and then the inevitable backdown.

Give a fool a loaded gun and he'll usually shoot himself in the foot.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Wanting to put in place a policy that bans alcohol and drug taking from official club meetings is a disgrace? :?

If the incumbents were smart their response would have been "No problems if that's their main concern, we'll sign off on that . . . what else have they got?"

Instead, we'll get "We are threatening legal action" and then the inevitable backdown.

No Jeff

it was his answer in relation to the rumour and innuendo which implied the current board that was the disgrace I was referring to.

saint4life
BAM! (shhhh)
SS Hall of Fame

JeffDunne wrote:Wanting to put in place a policy that bans alcohol and drug taking from official club meetings is a disgrace? :?

I see where you're coming from, but for me, while I'm quite willing to be convinced that the FF ticket is worthy of a vote, and open to voting against Butterss, Westaway has put me offside with his first statements being thinly veiled jibe's at the proffessionalism and personal lives of the current admin. Such tactics frankly make me sick.

So far my view of Westaway is that he's an ambitious teetotaler who is dragging a couple of club greats who want some change along with him.

I'm ready to vote against Butterss, I'm not ready to vote for Westaway.

"Everything comes to he who hustles while he waits"
- Henry Ford
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

chook23 wrote:

No Jeff

it was his answer in relation to the rumour and innuendo which implied the current board that was the disgrace I was referring to.
But there has been rumour and innuendo ever since South Africa. Is that not just saying the truth?

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

What has Westaway got to hide, sending out Burke to take the heat?

Who want to be President Westaway or Burke?

This Westaway sounds like he is going to be big trouble.

Gunna replace a spiv with a foot in mouth gorilla.

So typical of this club and it pea brained supporters.

Enjoy Geelong win a premiership this year while the rabble at STKFC (a pox on both their houses BTW) stoush it out to see which bigger moron and pr!ck gets to become president :roll:

I am coming more and more to the conclusion that neither deserve a vote.

I dont like Butters and this Westaway is a mudslinging gutter merchant, not fit to be president.

Mabye if they dump this clown I might vote for them. Find someone with an ounce of intelligence because the rest of the FFS look pretty good.

Everyone is sick of Butters and his stupid comments, well Westaway and his mudslinging show he is cut from the same cloth.

They can bot GAGF'ed in my opinion.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
chook23
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:
chook23 wrote:

No Jeff

But there has been rumour and innuendo ever since South Africa. Is that not just saying the truth?
If it was left at that

but in reference to question implied that the rumour and innuendo may not be that

PLUS
can I add joffaboy's post

:wink: :wink:

saint4life
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

I'm glad we are getting different points of view on this. The majority seem to be in favour of a new regime, but I applaud people who wish to look further to make the right choice.

And I continue to look forward to healthy and robust debating!

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

SENsaintsational wrote:I'm glad we are getting different points of view on this. The majority seem to be in favour of a new regime, but I applaud people who wish to look further to make the right choice.

Yay. Agreed, however it is getting more and more difficult to ask a question because of the FFS cheer squad and their attacks that are ramping up every day.

As I said a pox on both their houses. The club is an embarrassing rabble, however it is my embarrassing rabble whether I like it or not. I cant change clubs even if I wanted to (and times like this you do). I am a STKFC man until my dying day.

I am sure it wont stop my integrity and loyalty being questioned going forward by the Westaway cheer squad for having the temerity to ask some simple questions though.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:I'm glad we are getting different points of view on this. The majority seem to be in favour of a new regime, but I applaud people who wish to look further to make the right choice.

Yay. Agreed, however it is getting more and more difficult to ask a question because of the FFS cheer squad and their attacks that are ramping up every day.

As I said a pox on both their houses. The club is an embarrassing rabble, however it is my embarrassing rabble whether I like it or not. I cant change clubs even if I wanted to (and times like this you do). I am a STKFC man until my dying day.

I am sure it wont stop my integrity and loyalty being questioned going forward by the Westaway cheer squad for having the temerity to ask some simple questions though.
Who else would have you :wink:

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:

Well said by both of you.

kaos theory
Club Player

Everyone is sick of Butters and his stupid comments, well Westaway and his mudslinging show he is cut from the same cloth.
One comment, and he is cut from the same cloth??? Even RB was given at least 10 ro 20 gaffs before most of us finally lost faith in him, surely westerway is given at least some slack.

Anyway, where did he actually clearly state it was the board that has drug issues?

He said it in context of football in general. It has been taken out of context, by the media and made out that he said it specifically about the baord. No one has been able to show me where he stated it/implied it, in print or in an radio/video interview.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
One comment, and he is cut from the same cloth??? quote]

Yup - I was disgusted that his very first comment was to get into the gutter.

Disgraceful display. Nathan Burke looked so uncomfortable attemping to justify this gutter outburst by the gorilla. Burke must wonder what else is in store for him an Thommo.

The gorilla with his foot in his mouth wants to replace the internet spiv.

What a club. What a bunch of pea brained supporters for falling for either of them.

Lance or James??

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

PerhapsWestaway's comments were measured and he knew there would be a massive response from RB.......BUT....if RB and his board had nothing to hide, why are they so defensive???

kaos theory
Club Player

What a club. What a bunch of pea brained supporters for falling for either of them.
JB - I don't see what make you think that you can knock the rest of us while you somehow are above us.

I am leaning (strongly) to the new ticket, but not made my final decision. So far I have seen
- a profesional & well structured bid from SFF (for so early in the process)
- nothing but scare tatctics from the incumbent.
- SFF is adding to their website with more detail information & stated they will come out with more of their plans as we approach voting time,
- SFF have a quality team in place, which if FAR superior to the remaining loyal RB board members,
- SFF have clearly articulated the PROBLEMS with our club, while RB has been defeinisve and not offering anything new.

So, because of one statement, which I stress has NOT been shown that westerway intended it as a slur on the current board, he is the 'same' as the other side....???

chook23
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:PerhapsWestaway's comments were measured and he knew there would be a massive response from RB.......BUT....if RB and his board had nothing to hide, why are they so defensive???
What would you expect??

Someone implies you are doing illegal act

You are saying if any person has nothing to hide it is ok to imply they are doing illegal acts

:roll: :roll:

saint4life
bungiton
SS Life Member

saintspremiers wrote:PerhapsWestaway's comments were measured and he knew there would be a massive response from RB.......BUT....if RB and his board had nothing to hide, why are they so defensive???
And this one quote has given RB the chance to do what he does best, dodge, weave duck and hide. If he had nothing to worry about, surely he would just admit it as a good idea for a board seeing as it's playing group are subject to exactly the same issues.

One quote from Butterss should worry any member or supporter of this club much more than anything the FF group has offered, that is that the membership of this team should have no say in deciding the make up of their board, the AFL is the only one fit to make this decision.

That one statement smacks of the boards lack of vision, respect and to quote rod, a clear vision for the future

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:
And this one quote has given RB the chance to do what he does best, dodge, weave duck and hide. If he had nothing to worry about, surely he would just admit it as a good idea for a board seeing as it's playing group are subject to exactly the same issues.

One quote from Butterss should worry any member or supporter of this club much more than anything the FF group has offered, that is that the membership of this team should have no say in deciding the make up of their board, the AFL is the only one fit to make this decision.

It's not about the idea it is about the implication.

big difference.
That one statement smacks of the boards lack of vision, respect and to quote rod, a clear vision for the future

saint4life
kaos theory
Club Player

You are saying if any person has nothing to hide it is ok to imply they are doing illegal acts
Come on, show me where he clearly implies that the current baord is doing drugs....

He was refering to football industry in general, which is true.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

Come on, show me where he clearly implies that the current baord is doing drugs....

He was refering to football industry in general, which is true.
SEN interview

saint4life
stinger
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:What has Westaway got to hide, sending out Burke to take the heat?

Who want to be President Westaway or Burke?

This Westaway sounds like he is going to be big trouble.

Gunna replace a spiv with a foot in mouth gorilla.

So typical of this club and it pea brained supporters.

Enjoy Geelong win a premiership this year while the rabble at STKFC (a pox on both their houses BTW) stoush it out to see which bigger moron and pr!ck gets to become president :roll:

I am coming more and more to the conclusion that neither deserve a vote.

I dont like Butters and this Westaway is a mudslinging gutter merchant, not fit to be president.

Mabye if they dump this clown I might vote for them. Find someone with an ounce of intelligence because the rest of the FFS look pretty good.

They can bot GAGF'ed in my opinion.
sadly there is substance in what you say........might come down to the lesser of two evils.......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
JeffDunne

I really don't under the line some are pushing in that Westaway is trying to hide.

He may not be a polished media performer but that's the least of my concerns. He's made himself available to the media, met with supporter groups yesterday and is today quoted in the press. Since we are only 72 hours from the launch of their campaign it's a bit childish to suggest he's hiding because he didn't appear on The Footy Show. Can't say I blame him to be honest.

Many successful clubs don't use the president as their club's main spokesman and if someone else can sell the message better then why not? I want a president that fronts the press when needed and obviously now is the time for him to do so, but to suggest not appearing on TFS is somehow hiding is just being petty. Going forward if he's successful then I am more than happy for him to speak only when it's required provided the club as a whole communicate better with members and supporters.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

It has always amazed me that there are always takeovers at footy clubs rather than groups putting up their hands to co exist and assist, but I guess that's where the egos come into the equation. :roll:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

Have you decided JD?

kaos theory
Club Player

SEN interview
???????

Chook - I have not heard or seen any damning statement or voice grab that shows the claim.

You need to have at very least something like this:

Interviewer:"Are you saying the saints board is taking drugs, or innuedno about the saints board?"

Then, DIRECTLY in repsonse to this question:

Westerway:"yes"
or, less damning, but still strong:
Westerway: "All I'm saying there is innudendo"

As far as I can tell he has not said that. He also stated clearly in a follow up interview he was taking about football industry in general.