Westaway flying under radar

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

chook23
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:
SEN interview
???????

Chook - I have not heard or seen any damning statement or voice grab that shows the claim.

You need to have at very least something like this:

Interviewer:"Are you saying the saints board is taking drugs, or innuedno about the saints board?"

Then, DIRECTLY in repsonse to this question:

Westerway:"yes"

or, less damning, but still strong:
Westerway: "All I'm saying there is innudendo"

As far as I can tell he has not said that. He also stated clearly in a follow up interview he was taking about football industry in general.

If I taped it I would
Last edited by chook23 on Fri 14 Sep 2007 11:50am, edited 1 time in total.

saint4life
JeffDunne

I made the decision months ago Fireman that Rod needs to go. What we are going through now - as I predicted - is a result of Rod not seeing the writing on the wall.

IMO, if the incumbents were prepared to act in the clubs best interests, they'd tap Rod on the shoulder, spill all board positions and let the members decide who they want to represent us going forward. Once a board is formed, then let the board decide who is the best to lead us forward as president even if that meant they head-hunted someone for the position.

My greatest fear all along has been the best people for the job are probably reluctant to get involved in what we are seeing now and the result could be that we are forced to choose between two unsatisfactory outcomes.

On balance though, I'd trust the people supporting the challenger more than I'd support the incumbent.
Last edited by JeffDunne on Fri 14 Sep 2007 11:43am, edited 1 time in total.

bungiton
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:What has Westaway got to hide, sending out Burke to take the heat?

Quite a simple answer to that Joffaboy, Burke is a decorated, dedicated and well credentialled not to mention much loved explayer and captain of the club, if you have a figure that most fans are going to readily and easily associate with, why not use him?

Who want to be President Westaway or Burke?

Who do you want making decisions about the running of our club, westaway, Butterss or as Rod would allow, Andy Demitriou?

This Westaway sounds like he is going to be big trouble.

Yes, the shame of the guy, trying to focus on onfield issues, best serve the club to just run to the media and slag off grant Thomas all year, after all that serves the best interests of everyone it seems

Gunna replace a spiv with a foot in mouth gorilla.

One missplaced comment, wow that puts him way behind Rod, should immediately enlist the help of a generation Y think task to help him understand what the fans really want

So typical of this club and it pea brained supporters.

Enjoy Geelong win a premiership this year while the rabble at STKFC (a pox on both their houses BTW) stoush it out to see which bigger moron and pr!ck gets to become president :roll:

We were above Geelong in development, had a better brand of footy, a better list, and should have at least featured in two Grand finals before them, is it the challengers fault that we have slipped so far below them, this comment just highlights why at least one bigger moron and pr!ck doesn't get to keep being president.

I am coming more and more to the conclusion that neither deserve a vote.

That conclusion is a tad early, Westaway really seems the ideal choice, putting Burke and others in front of the press before him shows for now at least, it's not all about HIM

I dont like Butters and this Westaway is a mudslinging gutter merchant, not fit to be president.

If the quote is correct and not misrepresented in either way, maybe he is a mudslinger, but I have second hand information, there is a lot of rumour and innuendo, two players involved with this board are present on the challengers ticket, maybe they have first hand information or experience of which you have little or no knowledge. If indeed the accusation is factual then it's not really mudslinging is it?

Mabye if they dump this clown I might vote for them. Find someone with an ounce of intelligence because the rest of the FFS look pretty good.

I reckon there is a good spread of talent across the whole ticket, lets see the credentials the incumbants have then stack the two up together. The current board have not divulged the fact that four of them are in partnerships and business together outside of the board. Doesn't this little powergroup within the board worry you just slightly?? How is any vote between this mismanaging mob of miscreants gonig to go, any board vote is obviously going to be balanced against this little cliche inside our board.

Everyone is sick of Butters and his stupid comments, well Westaway and his mudslinging show he is cut from the same cloth.

Hmmm, runs on the board in Butterss case, supposed to be running a footy club, not a private personal agenda

They can bot GAGF'ed in my opinion.
Sure let Demitriou tell us how to run the club instead, we all know the massive fair deals we've recieved from the AFL with Rods influence! And all the times Rod has stood up and fought against the rot we've recieved!!!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
Brewer
Club Player

joffaboy wrote:I am coming more and more to the conclusion that neither deserve a vote.
That is a terrible position to take. Failing to vote is a cop-out.

Ultimately one side will win control of our club, so if you care about the club you need to work out which side it should be and vote accordingly.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
JeffDunne

Brewer wrote:
joffaboy wrote:I am coming more and more to the conclusion that neither deserve a vote.
That is a terrible position to take. Failing to vote is a cop-out.

Ultimately one side will win control of our club, so if you care about the club you need to work out which side it should be and vote accordingly.
Actually I'd prefer people not to vote than to make an ill-informed decision.

I'd same the same too for Federal Elections but it's illegal for me to do so in our so-called democracy, so I won't. :wink:

Brewer
Club Player

Failing to vote is the same as voting for the same thing to continue.

I think if a potential alternative presents itself, and it appears to be legitimate, then you should check it out and do your bit to make sure the hammer falls the best way in your opinion.

Regarding compulsory voting in federal elections, I'm actually all for it. When you make voting optional, the votes you lose are generally from the working classes that don't want to give up an afternoon's pay to go to the booth. Generally it's incumbent right-wingers that try to scrap compulsory voting as it skews the result in their favour.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.