Attack ON Burkie's Integrity

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:jb, you are being childish.

Just over three days from the launch of this challenge and Westaway has been interviewed numerous times and has met with key supporter groups.

Just because he didn't appear on the Footy Show he's hiding?

Seriously. :roll:
Why send Nathan Burke out?

Who is wanting to be President?

Hiding? Westaway wouldn't hide, but is hiding behind a club legend.

Westaway has already shown to be unfit for the Presidency.

However I am sure he will be voted in :roll:

Lets just hope and prey it isn't a disaster.

I really am too old to be rattling tins because of an incompetent board at a footy club.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

J.boy is entitled to his opinion, and while not as vociferous as him, Im asking the same questions.

looking at Westaways company, he isn't just some stooge of the street, je looks to be a very astute businessman so that counts in his favour.

also he has been endorsed by Burke and Thomson which is also in his favor.

i dont know but while I dont feel positive towards westaway, Im dissillusioned with RB.

sadly I concur with one comment caro made, st kilda FC has become the play thing of RB.

if westaway wants to join to be a leader or whether st kilda is something he believes in and wishes to serve is another issue. IMO his motives seem positive.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Richter
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:J.boy is entitled to his opinion, and while not as vociferous as him, Im asking the same questions.
Indeed, most people are asking these questions too. However, most don't feel the need to hysterically label the guy as an incompetent gorilla after five minutes.

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:J.boy is entitled to his opinion, and while not as vociferous as him, Im asking the same questions.
Indeed, most people are asking these questions too. However, most don't feel the need to hysterically label the guy as an incompetent gorilla after five minutes.
Well thats what he seems like to me.

Nobody can have an opinion on this turkey, but it is open slather on Butters?

Oh I see :roll:

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Why do so many think the SFF were 'cobbled together' in the last few days and therefore their 'media gaffes' are excused by that?

We have had oblique references on this Board for months from various posters that the 'Bedwell Joke Challenge' was not the serious one and that there was a 'real challenge' bubbling away.

Didn't Burkey admit that the group had been meeting for about 6 weeks and had decided not to mount their challenge until 1 week after the end of Saints' season?

The website, mailout and sms message to members wasn't put together in the last few days - it required much planning and time to execute. This group has been planning and orchestrating their moves for some considerable time, and to think otherwise IMO, is to underestimate their abilities.

If that is the case, and I have no reason to disbelieve Burkey on it, then they will have had their 'media plan' worked out. What we are seeing is what they must have had pre-planned - Burkey to be the 'front person' with the football media as much as possible.

The only piece thing that would seem to have not been 'stage managed' was the utterances by GW on SEN about the 'rumours and innuendo', which seems to have slightly derailed the group's focus in that they are continulaly facing negative publicity about the comments when they would prefer to talk about their positive points.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

I actually like the idea of seeing Burkey in the press, and the pres-to-be not being on the TV at every possible opportunity.

I'd like to see Thompson and Klim do the bulk of the press work too.

I don't see an issue with the campaign at all so far.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Rogerfox, look at the responsibilies he assumed.

And the response to any side "flooding" - because this tactic always saw us thumped.

Compare the game at Docklands against Adelaide in 2006 with the same game at the same venue in 2007.

Look up the media reports from that game in 2006 and compare.
I don't know that anybody would seriously believe that the Crows team we beat this year was on a par with that we met at the Dome in 2005 and 2006.

Anyway, during 2007 we totally failed to combat major floods on at least 3 memorable occasions: the first game against the Hawks, the second game against the Swans and - worst of all - the draw against the Bulldogs.

If you count the losses at the TD against Adelaide in 2006 and 2005 (and I think they had more to do with the quality of the Crows attack than in our inability to breach their defence), I reckon that we only lost 5 games in the whole of the 2004-06 period to teams that flooded: the Swans in Round 11 in 2004, the Swans in the PF in 2005 and Geelong in Harves's milestone game in 2006 (when GT was undoubtedly totally outcoached by Bomber Thompson: dont' get me wrong, I don't think that GT was a great coach).

The Saints - when we aren't playing chippalotto and flooding ourselves - are a devastatingly dangerous attacking side. Opposing coaches will often try to counteract that by flooding: sometimes it comes off, sometimes it doesn't. I can't see, on the evidence to date, that Lyon has a foolproof system for countering the flood any more than GT did.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

To the top wrote:Rogerfox, look at the responsibilies he assumed.

And the response to any side "flooding" - because this tactic always saw us thumped.

Compare the game at Docklands against Adelaide in 2006 with the same game at the same venue in 2007.

Look up the media reports from that game in 2006 and compare.
As I said, his ability is up for debate (and god knows it has been) - but he wasn't a 'corporate' guy with no footy background as a lot of people seem to think.

That was always one of the biggest myths in footy.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:As I said, his ability is up for debate (and god knows it has been) - but he wasn't a 'corporate' guy with no footy background as a lot of people seem to think.

Didn't Thomas once play for the state?

He also coached in the bush very successfully.

He was a corporate guy, but had football experience, and took us within a kick of a Gf in 2004 in one of the best games of football I can ever remember seeing our boys play.

Lance or James??

Richter
SS Life Member

Although it won't happen for a while, I for one would be most happy to see GT back in some capacity for St Kilda.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:As I said, his ability is up for debate (and god knows it has been) - but he wasn't a 'corporate' guy with no footy background as a lot of people seem to think.

Didn't Thomas once play for the state?

He also coached in the bush very successfully.

He was a corporate guy, but had football experience, and took us within a kick of a Gf in 2004 in one of the best games of football I can ever remember seeing our boys play.
I'd argue he was a footy guy, with corporate experience.

As I said though - how astute a 'footy guy' he was is up for debate.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Although it won't happen for a while, I for one would be most happy to see GT back in some capacity for St Kilda.
I hope it never ever happens.

Once the dust has settled on the current tourmoil and crisis, I hope never to see the spectre of Butters and Thomas haunting the STKFC ever again, they are our version of Dr. Eddlestone and Leanne.

Lance or James??

Richter
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Richter wrote:
Well thats what he seems like to me.

Nobody can have an opinion on this turkey, but it is open slather on Butters?

Oh I see :roll:
Opinions like the guy's a "turkey" and a "gorilla" are not really opinions at all - just ill-formed abuse.

Richter
SS Life Member

Who?

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Id have no real problem with GT returning someday

I would however be relinquishing my moderating duties here for an unspecified time, effective immediately his appointment is announced ;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Richter
SS Life Member

In that case I hope that he doesn't come back for a very long time....

Michael's worth to SS as moderator >> GT's to StKFC ....... :D sluuuurrrppp..... :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:In that case I hope that he doesn't come back for a very long time....

Michael's worth to SS as moderator >> GT's to StKFC ....... :D sluuuurrrppp..... :wink:
Sucking up to Moderators is an offence punishable by banning..this iis your first and last warning ;-)

Section 33, Clause 14, Paragraph 8 of the Online Forum Users Guide

You will find said Users Guide in a locked filing cabinet in a basement with a sign saying "Beware of the Leopard" (Gratuitous "hitch hikers guide" reference..didnt you know all mods are sci-fi nerds???)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor