NATHAN BURKE IS on the footy show tonight!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Buckets
SS Life Member

chook23 wrote:
Buckets wrote:
chook23 wrote:If RB had have answered some of the questions the way Burkie did

he would be ridiculed.....

Perception

Difference one considered past use by date

the other a fresh approach and a club legend to boot

No matter how RB answers is damaged goods in most eyes

Must admit burkie only just ok BUT first time probably under the grill in that enviroment
Actually there is a big difference -
1. RB did an exclusive interview for TFS with only Hutchy asking leading questions and allowing him to waffle on in the only way that RB can, business rhetoric
2. Burkie came on live and faced not only Hutchy but Gary Lyon and his patsies and tried to make a fool out of a club legend. As AOK said in another thread Burkie's first reply to Hutchy in reference to allowing the AFL to give the tick of approval for the challengers would have won a lot of people over. Kudos for having the balls to go on to the show to face that firing squad.
my comparisons or view was not based only on the interviews tonight but RB over a period of time......

Burkies was based on the interview
Fair enough, RB to me just seems to hide behind interviews like the one tonight or comes out with prepared statements with business rhetoric, simple straight forward responses would impress me. The fact that he wants the independent AFL to look at the challengers proposal lost me. As Burkie said when did the AFL represent the members of the St. Kilda Football Club.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Buckets wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Buckets wrote:

Perception

Must admit burkie only just ok BUT first time probably under the grill in that enviroment
1. RB did an exclusive interview for TFS with only Hutchy asking leading questions and allowing him to waffle on in the only way that RB can, business rhetoric
2. Burkie came on live and faced not only Hutchy but Gary Lyon and his patsies and tried to make a fool out of a club legend. As AOK said in another thread Burkie's first reply to Hutchy in reference to allowing the AFL to give the tick of approval for the challengers would have won a lot of people over. Kudos for having the balls to go on to the show to face that firing squad.
my comparisons or view was not based only on the interviews tonight but RB over a period of time......

Fair enough, RB to me just seems to hide behind interviews like the one tonight or comes out with prepared statements with business rhetoric, simple straight forward responses would impress me. The fact that he wants the independent AFL to look at the challengers proposal lost me. As Burkie said when did the AFL represent the members of the St. Kilda Football Club.
If Rod Butters is "hiding" where was our Presidnet elect Greg Westaway tonight?>

Id suggest hiding behind Burkie.......

“Yeah….nah””
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:53am, edited 1 time in total.

Buckets
SS Life Member

Teflon wrote:
Buckets wrote:
chook23 wrote:
Buckets wrote:

Perception

If Rod Butters is "hiding" where was our Presidnet elect Greg Westaway tonight?>

Id suggest hiding behind Burkie.......
Thing is Teflon the SFF members are showing more courage fronting up to shows like TFS and copping the heat from a media scrum that all of a sudden have fallen deeply in love with RB and the board. Yet all we have from RB is a conference today where he skirted around issues and then had a one on one with his buddy Hutchy.

Thats Mr. Smartarse to you
chook23
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:As a member, I'd much preferred to hear from a past legend as the problems of our club than some guy I've never heard of.

SFF made a good decision on behalf of us...the members.
Admire burkie as much as anyone but I do think Westaway should have
been the front man tonight............but good use of a legend by SFF

saint4life
aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:53am, edited 1 time in total.

HarveysDeciple

What annoyed me was the difference in interviews..

Hutchy interviews Rod and asks easy soft questions and even implies that the challenge was rude and stupid.

He interviews Burke, questions his integrity and subtly slams the challenge.

Ridiculous.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

HarveysDeciple wrote:What annoyed me was the difference in interviews..

Hutchy interviews Rod and asks easy soft questions and even implies that the challenge was rude and stupid.

Ridiculous.
Exactly HD ...and the fact that Rod thinks the AFL not the members should decide who is on the board at St.Kilda...

that broke the back for me... :evil:

Bring on the vote and banish the whole GT,Butterss Sorry bitter Sage to the bin and move forward as a united force :roll:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Westaway WANTS to President - he shouldve fronted and stopped trying to manouvre the popular Burke into the spotlight while sparing himself the tough questions.

He made the drug comments - NOT Burkie - he shouldve fronted to answer the questions.

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:Bring on the vote and banish the whole GT, Butterss sorry bitter saga to the bin and move forward as a united force
agree. only way forward to the club, unfortunately, on reflection. thanks for your contribution rod

Apu
Club Player

HarveysDeciple wrote:What annoyed me was the difference in interviews..

Ridiculous.
My thoughts exactly!!! absolutely disgraceful journalism in the way he treated the two interviews differently