Time for Butterss to slip away

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

The policy of drug testing is for players why should anyone else be drug tested.

dalboy
Club Player

I agree that all board members should be drug free. Just think Westaway slandering the Football club and current board was completely unprofessional and showed a complete lack of tact. He has actually damaged the StKilda Football Club brand with these comments imo.

Happiness is a warm pie!
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Why should players be subjected to testing for drugs other than thoserequired by ASADA?

If the AFL wants it's own illicit drug testing, it should be for all AFL and club personnel.

How did Westaway slander the club?
All he said was that his board would be drug free.

To say that he damaged the club's brand is ridiculous as the rumours have been out there for ages.

Old enough to repaint, but young enough to sell
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Bernard Shakey wrote:Why should players be subjected to testing for drugs other than thoserequired by ASADA?

If the AFL wants it's own illicit drug testing, it should be for all AFL and club personnel.

How did Westaway slander the club?
All he said was that his board would be drug free.

To say that he damaged the club's brand is ridiculous as the rumours have been out there for ages.
It was brought in by the players and the AFL because of the drugs in sport and they wanted to do the right thing, its not about drugs in management.

Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

It is now.

linz
Club Player

If the aims & objectives are to win a flag (at all costs) then I will vote for the incumbents. I believe Linfox is behind this latest challenge (he doesn't like Rod and the challengers are well organized). If however, Thomas is related in anyway to the challenge. (I'm on Butter's side)

Lindsay is a determined Businessman. If Qantas buy him out I would love him to have a renewed interest in football (in his spare time ) :wink: :wink: But not if Thomas is back.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Sounds like a lot of guessing linz.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:54am, edited 1 time in total.

linz
Club Player

Bernard Shakey wrote:Sounds like a lot of guessing linz.
less than u would think.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:The policy of drug testing is for players why should anyone else be drug tested.
If the Westaway group have adhered to a no illicit drug policy they should have the conviction of their promise and freely submit to routine testing (at their own expense) with the results available to the members.

As they intimate their is an alcohol policy they should have a limit that is regulated say .05 which they should ahere and be tested.

Don't talk the talk if you don't want to walk it.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

linz wrote:If the aims & objectives are to win a flag (at all costs) then I will vote for the incumbents. I believe Linfox is behind this latest challenge (he doesn't like Rod and the challengers are well organized). If however, Thomas is related in anyway to the challenge. (I'm on Butter's side)

Lindsay is a determined Businessman. If Qantas buy him out I would love him to have a renewed interest in football (in his spare time ) :wink: :wink: But not if Thomas is back.
Good post.

I too have no doubts Fox is involved in this up to his armpits - and this Westonhouse could well be his puppet.......just another transport mate huh?. I also reckon Grants gone quiet for good reason - been told to shut up.......but make sure he gets that $200k claim in against the club last week...(1 week before this launch) for good measure...................I guee theyve had a lot of time to plan... :lol:

strange......... :roll:

“Yeah….nah””
Bernard Shakey
Saintsational Legend

Wooooo big Fox conspiracy.

I think not.

Lindsey's modus operandi is to walk in, take no prisoners and march on to Berlin.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:53am, edited 1 time in total.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

well, I've had a sleep on it and I am now leaning towards our incumbent Pres, I don't think I like the way Westaway has gone about it.
Using ex Players, and popular ones at that, as pawns in his quest for club domination, the drugs BS and although he had the opportunity to tell me how he was going to keep the club financially afloat, he didn't, except to say that he had some financial savvy people on board...
Looking back I really think Buttres has done a great job and doesn't deserve the crap he is copping atm and I think deserves to stay on a bit longer. Our star players are re signing so they obviously have some faith in the running of the club ,the same faith I have.

JeffDunne

I don't think players could give two hoots TBH.

Do people change jobs because of board room battles? Unless your job involves dealing with them directly why would you care?

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
The Fireman wrote:This is the first time that I am undecided on how to vote, it's not a nice feeling. Please...someone advise me. :? :D
Kevin07.

Hope that helps :D
That's not what I was undecided about :wink:

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I don't think players could give two hoots TBH.

Do people change jobs because of board room battles? Unless your job involves dealing with them directly why would you care?
But the players always seem to be brought up when there is these types of discussion, you maybe right but then you maybe wrong ( thanks Billy Joel )
Maybe some players do care about the stability of the company they work for, just ask some Ford workers.

JeffDunne

I'm sure they were more concerned about the instability 12 months ago when their boss was sacked.

That's not to suggest they were happy or unhappy with the decision, but the uncertainity when they didn't know who the replacement would be I'm sure would have concerned them more than Rod potentially getting the arse.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I'm sure they were more concerned about the instability 12 months ago when their boss was sacked.

That's not to suggest they were happy or unhappy with the decision, but the uncertainity when they didn't know who the replacement would be I'm sure would have concerned them more than Rod potentially getting the arse.
Good point, so hopefully the players won't be mentioned in future debate.

chook23
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:I believe NB when he said they were discussing alcohol and someone said - and no drugs too... they all agreed. There was never any mention of anyone on the present board taking them. With drugs in the media that's a fair call. Who's to say they weren't thinking about AT! They just made a pact THEY wouldn't take them. Now if someone wants to get upset by that, then I say why. Did AT jump up and say - why... I don't take drugs? No, he didn't have to.
That may have been the case AOK

BUT it was in his radio interview (after above) that he implied/linked the board to the rumour and innuendo.

saint4life
Brewer
Club Player

This Fox talk sounds to me like anti-SKFF propaganda.

It is entirely possible that Fox approves of the new ticket, but to suggest he is involved is a big call and I'd like to see some evidence. Burkey flat-out denied it last night, and if there was any collusion between Fox and Westaway surely that would raise questions about both of these guys businesses.

Can anybody, anywhere, point to ANY evidence that Fox is either:

1. involved in this ticket
2. close enough to Westaway to indulge in secretive behaviour with him?

I love a conspiracy theory as much as the next man, but until I see some supporting evidence, I'm sorry but I have to consider these Fox theorists to be delusional or deceptive.
Last edited by Brewer on Fri 14 Sep 2007 10:36am, edited 1 time in total.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Brewer wrote:This Fox talk sounds to me like strawman sockpuppetry

It is entirely possible that Fox approves of the new ticket, but to suggest he is involved is a big call and I'd like to see some evidence. Burkey flat-out denied it last night, and if there was any collusion between Fox and Westaway surely that would raise questions about both of these guys businesses.

Can anybody, anywhere, point to ANY evidence that Fox is either:

1. involved in this ticket
2. close enough to Westaway to indulge in secretive behaviour with him?

I love a conspiracy theory as much as the next man, but until I see some evidence, I'm sorry but I have to consider these Fox theorists to be quacks of the highest order.
Whilst I have some questions about SFF, and the fact that they are not telling us much other than 'motherhood statements', I absolutely believe NB is implicitly honest. If he says that he has no knowledge that Fox is involved then I believe him.

If it transpires that Fox is somehow lurking around in the background of SFF then I think it will be more to do with a secret deal betweeen Westaway and him.

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I don't think players could give two hoots TBH.

Agree !

How many players would have dealings with or know the Board members on a regular basis?

Very few IMO unless there is some type of mentoring relationship.

Players wouldn't give a hairy rats ringer IMO.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.