Fortius quo Fidelius - hypocritical Thommo!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Fortius quo Fidelius - hypocritical Thommo!

Hardly has the ink set on Andrew Thomson's resignation than he's part of a ticket that is setting about trying to shame the current board into rolling over...

The current board, Andrew, that would have green lighted giving you an extra year, the same board that made sure you contract was honoured, that ensured we were financially viable and strong enough to stay in Melbourne, to stay in the black and become a competitive team....

Refusing to take calls from your president when the week before you would have been happy enough to accept a cheque from him...

And if I was RB I would be absolutely gutted with what has taken place the last two days and especially stung by Andrew Thompson's defection...saying that he "may have cost StKilda a premiership..." by under spending on the football department...

Well maybe if you'd worked a bit harder on the field in either of the two perliminary finals we got into Andrew we would have a premiership!!!

What a bitter pill to swallow for a bloke (like him or not) who has given his time, dedication, expertise, business contacts and passion to for the last 7 years and produced the turn around in finances, membership and on field competitiveness that he set out to do.

Yes hes stuffed up a bit in the media recently, but does he deserve to be booted out under the cloud of alcohol and drug abuse that has been cast at him by the Westaway mob.

Very transferrable form of loyalty Thommo, with him one day against him the next... have a look at yourself and the ticket you've joined.
Last edited by fugazi on Thu 13 Sep 2007 4:04pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nee!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Maybe the ultimate act of loyalty to your club is to stand up and make yourself counted when you can clearly see something is wrong, even when it's going to put noses out of joint?

Thommo and Burkey love the club; they wouldn't be doing this out of anything else.

They don't like what is happening to the club under RB and want to change it.

That they've got the courage and guts to help form a ticket which they think will get this club back on track...sheesh, I'm just glad they're not pushovers when they smell a rat.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I say fair enough if he made that stand while he was a player...happily accepting his pay cheque, saw there was something wrong and opposed it....or a couple of years later, when he had some perspective....but when you go within a week from receiving from the administration to attacking the administration I reckon it sucks.

Nee!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:I say fair enough if he made that stand while he was a player...happily accepting his pay cheque, saw there was something wrong and opposed it....or a couple of years later, when he had some perspective....but when you go within a week from receiving from the administration to attacking the administration I reckon it sucks.
Maybe the problem is that bad.

Thommo's a switched on bloke and he loves the club.

He wouldn't be doing this if he didn't feel strongly.

It should be a warning sign to everyone about the status quo that he's come from the playing group to getting involved with the ticket in a matter of weeks.

Would he really, really have done such a thing if he wasn't so worried?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Loyalty to the club is different than loyalty to a group of over stuffed, self important starched shirts.

The club is not the board, and I think Thommo is showing fortitude and loyalty to see that something is wrong and fight for change.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

I must be naive. What is your picture of what is going on ? - is the president staggering around the club drunk, snorting coke off toilet seats....is this what we're meant to assume? I mean come on. It certainly doesn't seem that bad from here...another million dollar profit and we blew a finals chance thanks to 3 last qtr fadeouts...that aint RB's fault.

Nee!
Leo.J
SS Life Member

Some people are deranged around here.

Because Thommo supports the opposing team afayac he's betraying the club.

What crap.

RB appears to believe he is doing the right thing for the club, just as AT does.

Its up to us to decide who we are going to let run the club.

I'm sick of all these morons who can't manage a bilateral thought.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Dont question the loyalty of two of our great players.

really low to do so.

They believe what they are doing is in the best interests of the club.

Regardless of your accusations, they are only doing it for their concerns over the STKFC.

Mabye they are sick of what they percieve as spivs and the old boys club at the Saints.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote:I'm sick of all these morons who can't manage a bilateral thought.
good luck on the multi-lateral then Leo.J :wink:

Have to agreee. To say one or the other group is disloyal is really like calling someone Un_Australian if they dont agree with your POV.

Really silly accusation IMHO.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:I must be naive. What is your picture of what is going on ? - is the president staggering around the club drunk, snorting coke off toilet seats....is this what we're meant to assume? I mean come on. It certainly doesn't seem that bad from here...another million dollar profit and we blew a finals chance thanks to 3 last qtr fadeouts...that aint RB's fault.
I doubt thats the case. The case is the way the board spends our money, the lack of anything resembling testes in regards to our training venue, and the staffing at the club.

The Presidents ridiculous Springer-esq bytch fight with our ex-coach is likley a factor, but I don't buy into the coke and booze BS.

Leo.J
SS Life Member

joffaboy wrote:
Leo.J wrote:I'm sick of all these morons who can't manage a bilateral thought.
good luck on the multi-lateral then Leo.J :wink:

Have to agreee. To say one or the other group is disloyal is really like calling someone Un_Australian if they dont agree with your POV.

Really silly accusation IMHO.
We'll just have to agree to agree on this one. :)

I suppose RB would call my opinion Un-St.Kiltonian.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Leo.J wrote: I suppose RB would call my opinion Un-St.Kiltonian.
Hey, I didn't say you weren't disloyal, only Thommo and Burkey :D :D :wink:

Lance or James??

killa_gram
Club Player

OP what a crock of shite. You know AT has given more to this club than many, many else. I know for a fact he was looking forward to not playing footy so he could finally spend weekends with his 3 young kids and wife and in turn they were looking forward to seeing more of him. Now if he is elected that will not happen, he will spend weekends at the game and countless other hours away from his family doing what is best for the club.

AT could have just gone off into the sunset, the last thing he needed was more time away from his family, however, he loves the club so much he has put it first because he could see things are wrong and he was offered an opportunity to be able to once again give selflessly for the club and try to help fix things so that we can be a great club.

He owes RB nothing, he was payed for a service like any other employee. Now he wants to again give to the Saints like he has for the last 10 years.

IMO he should be admired.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

killa_gram wrote:
because he could see things are wrong and he was offered an opportunity to be able to once again give selflessly for the club and try to help fix things so that we can be a great club.
Please tell us more.

fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Joffaboy - "Dont question the loyalty of two of our great players"

I haven't...no mention of N.Burke...he hasn't turned around within a week of playing and being paid by a club and been part of a ticket that has attacked the president and board with a smear campaign.

No problem with a ticket running against RB, but why start trashing reputations? I'm aware Thommo wants what is best for the club as no doubt all on both sides do...I question the one week I'm with them next week I'm against them turnaround...he'll be there at the B&F being sent off with all due homours by the administration that his ticket has just lobbed a bucket load of crap at! Is that fair?

Leo J. thanks mate, I can handle "Bilateral thoughts" I can even walk and chew gum at the same time!

Nee!
killa_gram
Club Player

fugazi wrote:Joffaboy - "Dont question the loyalty of two of our great players"

I haven't...no mention of N.Burke...he hasn't turned around within a week of playing and being paid by a club and been part of a ticket that has attacked the president and board with a smear campaign.

No problem with a ticket running against RB, but why start trashing reputations? I'm aware Thommo wants what is best for the club as no doubt all on both sides do...I question the one week I'm with them next week I'm against them turnaround...he'll be there at the B&F being sent off with all due homours by the administration that his ticket has just lobbed a bucket load of crap at! Is that fair?

Leo J. thanks mate, I can handle "Bilateral thoughts" I can even walk and chew gum at the same time!
Mate, it wasn't Thommo who dumped a bucket on RB personally. Why are you trying to attribute the comments to him personally?

All Thommo has done is come on board because he is the one person who most recently knows whats wrong with the footy dept and can therefore help turn it around.

IMO it is better that he has just retired because he therefore knows whats wrong.

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I think he is going a great thing, He knows more details than anyone who posts on this side so he would be in a better position to say whether or not a board challenge is necessary and he feels it is, so if anything he is putting the club ahead of his own personal relationships and whats the harm in that?

Don't you remember when Silvagni and Bradley dobbed in Carlton, they did what seem to be a dog act but they were doing it for their club and in the long run it will benefit their club.

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

The current board, Andrew, that would have green lighted giving you an extra year, the same board that made sure you contract was honoured, that ensured we were financially viable and strong enough to stay in Melbourne, to stay in the black and become a competitive team....

so let me get this right, thommo was offered a contract for next year according to you fugazi?

minimum he'd be on is a 100k, probably more like 150 to 200k if he finally qualified for veteran status.

he GAVE that up, for a VOLUNTEER role at the club as a director.

erm....

again not convinced 100% that they are who Im going for but the logic in the OP seems a tad off?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Dan, I think he is talking about 2007?
IIRC there was some talk of AT retiring at teh end of 2006 but he publicly stated he wanted to play on, and RL agreed to it (I think).

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Joffaboy - "Dont question the loyalty of two of our great players"

The club is bigger than any one individual. The CLUB is seeing off AT with due honours, not the administration. They only facilitate it, and even that is at a large distance from the actual workforce doing the day to day tasks at the club.

You can't question AT's loyalty to the club. You may question his loyalty to one person at the club, RB. Big deal. I'm sure all employees criticise their boss at one time or another. Do you know for sure AT has never voiced his concerns at the club during the last months or years?

Give the bloke some credit for staying loyal to his convictions, his thoughts on the club. He has no need for loyalty to Butters or the board...they are but individual soldiers working for the St Kilda Football Club.

Loyalty is to the jumper and club.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
kaos theory
Club Player

OP what a crock of shite. You know AT has given more to this club than many, many else. I know for a fact he was looking forward to not playing footy so he could finally spend weekends with his 3 young kids and wife and in turn they were looking forward to seeing more of him. Now if he is elected that will not happen, he will spend weekends at the game and countless other hours away from his family doing what is best for the club.

AT could have just gone off into the sunset, the last thing he needed was more time away from his family, however, he loves the club so much he has put it first because he could see things are wrong and he was offered an opportunity to be able to once again give selflessly for the club and try to help fix things so that we can be a great club.

He owes RB nothing, he was payed for a service like any other employee. Now he wants to again give to the Saints like he has for the last 10 years.

Well said Killa.

Fugazi - what a rediculous post.

GrumpyOne

kaos theory wrote:

Well said Killa.

Fugazi - what a rediculous post.
Hear Hear!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Dan, I think he is talking about 2007?
IIRC there was some talk of AT retiring at teh end of 2006 but he publicly stated he wanted to play on, and RL agreed to it (I think).
would have implied that the event hasn't happened yet, hence future tense i think if the OP meant something different then thats fine, but should be clearer.

other than that, it was pretty clear the players thought Timmid watson was jerk but remained at the club.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Who cares if the club gave Thommo a contract in 2007. If he wasn't up to it he would have been cut. It wasn't done on sentiment. he earnt it and the club didn't want all our experience walking out the door last season (Powell and Peckett were two to retire).

Lance or James??

firthy
Club Player

Love past players that are prepared to give a bit back to the club --- unfortunately in most clubs they are few in number --- Not only that , Andrew Thomson actually has a brain, he is an intelligent person -- good luck to him.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.