Greg westaway on sport 927 audio

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

4theluvoftheclub wrote:seem to recall we went from 3rd to 3rd to 8th to out of finals..
seem to recall current board has lost the major sponsors..again
seem to recall an injury problem that we have had for years and not been fixed and took years to wake up toget a panel together to look at it..

should the current board take responsibility for their 8 years? or just attack SFF so we forget our bitter tears at the lost opportunity of the last few years.

Rod is slick.. divert focus from current Board's failings .
Plenty has been written about the current Boards failings - not much detail from the new group on where this magic EXTRA revenue is coming from to support the massive boos to the footy dept?

“Yeah….nah””
JeffDunne

Where is the new revenue coming from with the existing board?

We are losing sponsors, losing members and from what I can see, no plan to do anything about it.

Our revenue growth is stagnant, we are 16th in the league already, and after this season and Rod's continual blunders, we are likely to fall even further behind.

On top of that, this year we will reportedly record a $1m profit on the back of an increase in the AFL dividend of approximately the same amount.

Not a rosy picture.

Then on top of that, our president argues that the AFL shouldn't increase their dividend to clubs on the back on their increased revenue and profits. I guess he doesn't want us to get even further behind the other 15 clubs.

FWIW, the Western Bulldogs, despite having lower crowds, lower TV ratings and lower membership, are bringing in $4m/year more than us BEFORE they receive CBF payments from the AFL.

Some people really need to wake up and smell the coffee rather than drinking Rod's bathwater.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: Some people really need to wake up and smell the coffee rather than drinking Rod's bathwater.
Some people need to stop stealing Andrew from Hawthorns lines.....

Still if your gonna put up a challenge........with broad motherhood statements about ensuring well win a flag...youll need more than "trust us"

Like it or not - the current Board DOES have some runs on the board (pun excused) with respect to our debt situation and the finals 3 from last 4 yrs.

Next?

“Yeah….nah””
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Like it or not - the current Board DOES have some runs on the board (pun excused) with respect to our debt situation and the finals 3 from last 4 yrs.
so what? gt had some runs on the board. didn't save his *ss. nor will the club's current good financial position save rb. nor will the country's current good financial position probably save john howard.

that's politics. that's life.

let's hope the new guys remember to balance the books.
Last edited by bigcarl on Fri 14 Sep 2007 2:04am, edited 1 time in total.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:52am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:... any idiot could've done that. ;) :)
any idiot could have coached our list to the finals this year ... well, almost any idiot.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:51am, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Interesting bc, do you have reservations re: RL? I thought all the injuries and the "getting to know you" first season would be the reason for that. But I'm all ears :)
he gets 2008 to set things right imo but i haven't seen anything yet that makes him a better coach than the previous "idiot".

let's hope we go into season 2008 as a more united club and this flows through to the playing arena.

but, yes, i think we have the talent to be taking part in the 2007 finals.

Shaggy
Club Player

My only concern is that Worsfold, Roos, Williams, Worsfold, Sheedy, Pagan & Blight (the last 7 premiership coaches) all took their respective teams to the finals in first full year of coaching them.

RL has achieved exactly the opposite.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:51am, edited 1 time in total.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

Shaggy wrote:Worsfold
Matthews?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:Yep agree, unlike some who want to overhaul the list... I reckon we already have the talent. A ruckman would help.
yep, a ruckman to allow kosi to play ff or chf.

and a couple of quick midfielders would help to offset harvs' expected diminished output. we can't keep going back to well and count on this ageing champion to carry our onball division.

but the "spine" is there.

consider this:
fb: hudghton (or fisher or gilbert).
chb: goose.
c: dal (or lenny).
chf: riewoldt.
ff: kosi.

that's a goal-to-goal line that would be the equal of any in the competition in my honest opinion.

Shaggy
Club Player

Riewoldting wrote:
Shaggy wrote:Worsfold
Matthews?
:D Lol. Maybe Mathews rather then Worsfold deserves the credit for the Lions 3 P.

Shaggy
Club Player

My basic problem with RL is inflexibility.

I think the best coaches experiment and early on identify and adopt a game plan which they believe best suits the list. RL has instead put his game plan first as the priority.

In the trenches he is better than GT. But unfortunately I think RL places the trenches in the wrong place in the first instance. Hope I am wrong.