Caro and Burkey on 3AW

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Caro and Burkey on 3AW

Caro reckons RB's "people" are telling him to step aside quietly, or work out some compromise.

Then Burkey was interviewed and said that since 2005 they have expressed their concerns to the current board, and these concerns have not been adequately addressed, so there will be no room for compromise.

Said that the challengers have resolved that this will not be a "rough" or "nasty" challenge, and that they will not create chaos, but simply want the members of the club to have an opportunity to express their democratic right.

Caro says things could get messy, and that this won't be resolved quietly. Basically intimated that RB's outburst earlier in the year was the catalyst for the challenge.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Caro would like things to get messy, but as I mentioned on another thread, I dont feel its too messy YET (especially by St Kilda standards) its really just media hype, mainly by that ugly sheila.

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Good point stephen...ofcourse things are gonna get ugly....just check out the chick peddling the doom....

“Yeah….nah””
Brian Collis
Club Player

Teflon wrote:Good point stephen...ofcourse things are gonna get ugly....just check out the chick peddling the doom....
You mean Old Chook!

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:34am, edited 1 time in total.

benengel14
Club Player

aussierules0k wrote: Fact is, Caro is usually on the money and in this case is doing us a favour. RB must "Hit the road Jack".... and take GT with ya. I don't want to see either of them at the club.

Vote Saints First... who ever they are :)
Just because we're unhappy with the incumbent, does that mean we should all just jump into the hands of the nearest challenger. I mean thats good enough reason certainly for electing Rudd later this year. But this has the potential to effect our future, surely we must consider what this new group has in store for the club?

Simply not being Rod Butterss isn't enough to get my vote. I don't think revenue generation/growth has skipped Butterss mind either, I'm pretty damn sure he's not adverse to additional revenue and the various strategies required.

What exactly do you know about the challenging group (no pun) that I don't? From what I can tell its merely criticism of the current board and how St Kilda has yet to cut it financially with clubs where the market isnt split 10-ways.

There's certainly problems with the current board, but what has this new ticket offered us in terms of a cohesive plan besides criticism?

I suspect a disproportionate amount of members that will actually bother to vote will come from this forum (compared to the % of members who do belong to the forum), so if you are asking people to vote for the nearest candidate, give us a reason!

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:33am, edited 2 times in total.

aussierules0k
Saintsational Legend

Last edited by aussierules0k on Tue 23 Jun 2009 5:32am, edited 2 times in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

audio finally up on AW site:

http://www.mytalk.com.au/aspx/pages/med ... dio&w=2858

why did Caro try and bring the Members into it when she really wouldn't care?
Last edited by saintbrat on Fri 14 Sep 2007 6:31pm, edited 1 time in total.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Brewer
Club Player

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

aussierules0k wrote:I've down loaded the PDF voting form and will be passing it around my family. Read the St.Kilda Footy First site.... anyone could do better. All we need do is get rid of egomaniacs. Burke and Thompson are not egomaniacs, that's a very good start. Ross Lyon ditto.

Butters must go. Thanks but no more thanks.

RB loaned his mate $1 mill, then gave him the head job - getting paid $500,000 per year. 4th highest in the league - yet his mate was untried and had nothing under his belt (other than a fat gut which isn't a good example to the players). RB shelled out OUR dollars on a mate so he could pay him back. He hedged his bets by knowing the guy would be good for it. IT was our dollars. Next thing they break up... and GT wants to sue..... OUR club.

Vote 1 St.Kilda Footy First - or the saga will continue... on and on and on, like the days of our lives.

http://stkildafootyfirst.com/vote.html

Go Saints!!!!!
fair summary.....except thomas had a bit of charisma about him .....

...i will stick with ross lyon though....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.