New Answers fromFootyFirst/Board Challenge Updates

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Rodger, I'm concerened because they are asking for our proxies now, without any detailed information.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Mr Magic wrote:Rodger, I'm concerened because they are asking for our proxies now, without any detailed information.
Don't give it if you're concerned.

Some are saying it's a risk to go with a new Board of which we don't know the financial plan, because it might not work.

Some would say that staying with our current Board is categorically not working and is seeing us in turmoil, losing members, losing sponsors and being embarrassed in the press.

Some would be prepared to let John Elliott take over if it means getting rid of the current Board.

Some will argue in order to be an inprovement on the existing Board, they would only need to be marginally brighter than a dog turd.

Therefore, some don't see it as a risk at all.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:[
Some will argue in order to be an inprovement on the existing Board, they would only need to be marginally brighter than a dog turd.
Does Westaway fit this bill?

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:
rodgerfox wrote:[
Does Westaway fit this bill?
Depends on the dog.

spert
Saintsational Legend

Just remember that this club has gone through a lot of boards over the years, all promising one thing or another, and generally saying they won't put put up with poor performances etc etc etc. It is convenient for a lot of business and legal types to get onto boards, but pretty rarely do they all get along due to the ego factor and not being able to pedal their own agenda and toes get stepped on..even in successful clubs. STABILITY is an absolute must for success for this club right now, and although Butters can alienate many, he and most of the board are slowly moving us in the right direction -we have solid base to build on-field success, a coach with a year of getting to know the playing group and their various issues under his belt. Sponsors come and go depending on the fortunes and strategic plans of the companies -we will secure other sponsors. We missed the eight this year, but I've got no doubt we are looking good for 2008.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

spert wrote:Just remember that this club has gone through a lot of boards over the years, all promising one thing or another, and generally saying they won't put put up with poor performances etc etc etc. It is convenient for a lot of business and legal types to get onto boards, but pretty rarely do they all get along due to the ego factor and not being able to pedal their own agenda and toes get stepped on..even in successful clubs. STABILITY is an absolute must for success for this club right now, and although Butters can alienate many, he and most of the board are slowly moving us in the right direction -we have solid base to build on-field success, a coach with a year of getting to know the playing group and their various issues under his belt. Sponsors come and go depending on the fortunes and strategic plans of the companies -we will secure other sponsors. We missed the eight this year, but I've got no doubt we are looking good for 2008.
I don't agree.

People are suggesting that we currently have a stable Board and everything is humming along well.

My point, and that of SFF is that it isn't.

The Board isn't stable. There is infighting.

We've lost sponsors.

We've lost members.

We've lost key employees of the club.

I could go on.

We aren't stable, and something needs to be done now to address it.

What that best 'something' is is open for debate.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Rodger, are you the Fox supporting Westaway and the SFF? :)

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote: I don't agree.

People are suggesting that we currently have a stable Board and everything is humming along well.

My point, and that of SFF is that it isn't.

The Board isn't stable. There is infighting.

We've lost sponsors.

We've lost members.

We've lost key employees of the club.

I could go on.

We aren't stable, and something needs to be done now to address it.

What that best 'something' is is open for debate.
And your view is that a board with disloyal directors, inexperienced middling businessmen, a president who wont break cover with the media choosing to hide behind the integrity of an ex champion, and two ex footballers on the board interfering with football operations in the same disasterous way Dernie and Dunstall did at Hawthorn is going to stabilise the board?

Fair enough. It looks like a very promising combination :D

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:And your view is that a board with disloyal directors, inexperienced middling businessmen, a president who wont break cover with the media choosing to hide behind the integrity of an ex champion, and two ex footballers on the board interfering with football operations in the same disasterous way Dernie and Dunstall did at Hawthorn is going to stabilise the board?
The current board has disloyal directors, inexperienced middling businessmen, a president who breaks cover with the media far too often and a distinct lack of credible ex-players on it.

Thus far, SFF have:

- Outlined in broad general terms their concerns with the current board
- Presented several ideas about how these will be solved, without specifics
- Selected an alternative ticket whose credibility in a business and footballing sense is the equal of the current board (at least)
- Encouraged those who feel strongly enough to support them with proxies immediately

That's all in 4 days.

4 days.

I will bet you a large amount of money that within the next 2-3 weeks, you will see a lot more detail regarding SFF, including business plans, potential sponsors and sources of revenue and proposed changes to football and club structures.

No need to attack SFF at every opportunity.

They have had 4 days to unveil their plans, and I for one am comfortable with what they have done in 4 days.

Want more detail? Fine ... you just need to be patient.

No reason to attack them at every opportunity though ...

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
chook23
Saintsational Legend

EGM brought forward by SFF

Oct 20 something?

Anyone got exact date?

saint4life
chook23
Saintsational Legend

Whilst looking for this thread

(Did not want to start another one!!)

My questions answered.

saint4life
4theluvoftheclub
Club Player

chook23 wrote:EGM brought forward by SFF

Oct 20 something?

Anyone got exact date?
According to both papers this morning, after last night's Bored meeting the date and location now officially 23 October at Moorabbin town hall...and they say 5000 proxies received by Westaway for SFF in first 3 days of mail

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 22,00.html