OFFICIAL - trade rumours/wishlist thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the only downside i see in hille is hes another ruck/forward it seems we have heaps of them (most not very good or injury prone) in a perfect world you would want a ruck/forward and a ruck/backman could the team ballance keep kosi Gardi and Hille on at the same time with at least 2 of them in the forward line ?
if it was to happen i would think kosi would play back not FF

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
luckysaint wrote:Sam Butler from the eagles and Brad Moran from north might be worth a go, wouldn't give too much for them though.
Seconds players. No.
Butler established himself in the West Coast team last year as a ball-winning half back/midfielder and has missed 2007 with injury. Part of their premiership team. Only 21.

Brad Moran is a 20 year old, 200cm, 104kg Ruckman/CHB/Giant tagger. Is probably the fastest tall in the competition and knows how to get the footy.

21 disposals, 10 marks, 3 tackles, 10 hitouts on debut as a 19 year old playing in defence and ruck. In his next game he tagged Nathan Buckley and had 10 disposals to Buckley's 19.

This year he seems to have fallen out of favour and couldn't get past McIntosh and Hale for a spot in the team. Still definitely worth a look.

Would give pick 27 for Butler and I'm not sure what Moran is worth, but we should make an effort.

brewski
Club Player

Mark Blake might be going cheap :P

Banned by the censors
Saintgaz
Club Player

How about a pay deal where Blake get's a $100 per kick.
Then we'd barely have to pay him! :D

One day it's all got to be worth it.
Right????
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
luckysaint wrote: Brad Moran is a 20 year old, 200cm, 104kg Ruckman/CHB/Giant tagger. Is probably the fastest tall in the competition and knows how to get the footy.

21 disposals, 10 marks, 3 tackles, 10 hitouts on debut as a 19 year old playing in defence and ruck. In his next game he tagged Nathan Buckley and had 10 disposals to Buckley's 19.

This year he seems to have fallen out of favour and couldn't get past McIntosh and Hale for a spot in the team. Still definitely worth a look.

Would give pick 27 for Butler and I'm not sure what Moran is worth, but we should make an effort.
Would love to get Moran, as someone was saying earlier it would be better if our two best ruckman were a Ruck/CHB and a Ruck/CHF, Moran could fit perfectly...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:21 disposals, 10 marks, 3 tackles, 10 hitouts on debut as a 19 year old playing in defence and ruck. In his next game he tagged Nathan Buckley and had 10 disposals to Buckley's 19.
your kidding, right?

a 200cm 19yo was assigned to tag Buckley and did a fair job?

what are we waiting for, straight swap for Blake i reckon :wink:

nathan000
Club Player

Mcgregor and Hudson want out for the crows, both could help out our team.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

nathan000 wrote:Mcgregor and Hudson want out for the crows, both could help out our team.
Both probably too old, I also read somewhere that Meesan wants out, if true what the hell is going on at Adelaide??

384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Solar
Saintsational Legend

with knights getting the gig I would assume that hille is off the bargaining table. One reason knights got the job was his glowing references to the futures of Hille, watson and stanton.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Solar wrote:with knights getting the gig I would assume that hille is off the bargaining table. One reason knights got the job was his glowing references to the futures of Hille, watson and stanton.
Does it seem strange that knights got the job because he said the list was better than what Hardwick said? Who was being the most honest.....

fisher_fan
Club Player

What if?

Collingwood get there man Chris Judd and need 2 top 10 picks

Saints would certainley be in there hunting ground with pick 9

Say they trade there first pick to us (i believe its 13) we would want a good player to, collingwood would have to play ball with us. Then we could.....

Collingwood - Chris Judd

Saints - Pick 13 and Josh Fraser

West Coast - pick 9 and whatever else collingwood could scrape together

Then we could.....

Fremantle - Pick 13

Saints - Paul Haselby

In a nutshell saints get Josh Fraser and Paul Haselby for pick 9

such is life
saintly
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:
nathan000 wrote:Mcgregor and Hudson want out for the crows, both could help out our team.
Both probably too old, I also read somewhere that Meesan wants out, if true what the hell is going on at Adelaide??
one wants to go to bulldogs, hudson offered a 3 year contract. messon wants to go to melbourne. Mcgregor not sure

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Tim Callan (Geel) looks like signing with the Dogs ... they now have to do a trade.

Reports this morning that St Kilda might be interested in Steven King.

Ben Hudson (Adel) will sign with the Dogs ... a suitable trade will occur.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Tim Callan & Ben Hudson would both have been useful pick ups...

The Saints are coming!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:Tim Callan & Ben Hudson would both have been useful pick ups...
Callan has 5-6 years for about 30 games. he is a seconds player. Hudson if he was a bit younger may be OK but he is 29 next season.

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
True Blue Sainter wrote:Tim Callan & Ben Hudson would both have been useful pick ups...
Callan has 5-6 years for about 30 games. he is a seconds player. Hudson if he was a bit younger may be OK but he is 29 next season.
Fair enough about Callan plugger, but i'm pretty sure he's had to get over a few injuries including shoulder problems & a knee reco? Would add a bit more depth than say, Ferg or Birss at this point...

I think we need a ruckman. Hudson is proven. still has a couple of years

The Saints are coming!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

fisher_fan wrote:Say they trade there first pick to us (i believe its 13) we would want a good player to, collingwood would have to play ball with us. Then we could.....

Collingwood - Chris Judd

Saints - Pick 13 and Josh Fraser

West Coast - pick 9 and whatever else collingwood could scrape together
That is possibly the most ridiculous trade suggestion I have read on this site.

So Collingwood would give up their only capable ruckman (who still has many years of good footy left) to advance four spots in the draft, while West Coast accept pick 9 and a fringe player or two for Judd.

Remember that not only St Kilda wants to benefit from trades - most other clubs do as well! (Except for the Kangaroos)

If there was a trade involving WC, Coll and Stk with Judd going to Coll and Fraser to St Kilda, it would be more like

West Coast
Gain - Ben Reid, Pick 9, Pick 13, Pick 27
Lose - Chris Judd

Collingwood
Gain - Chris Judd
Lose - Josh Fraser, Ben Reid, Pick 13, Pick 31

St Kilda
Gain - Josh Fraser, Pick 31
Lose - Pick 9, Pick 27

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

damon white has requested to be traded...possiblity for us?

less of a risk than going into the season with just watts

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:damon white has requested to be traded...possiblity for us?

less of a risk than going into the season with just watts
Average tall forwards not a priority. Even if none of Watts/Brooks/Allen are ready yet, I'd rather give them some game time and show a bit of improvement than leave White in the team for his one good game every couple of months.

Would probably cost our second round pick as well.

Ghost Like
Saintsational Legend

Heard a whisper Scott Welsh may be on the market after after an indiscretion during Mad Monday...any interest to us? I think he's a 50+ goal smallish forward.

SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

Ghost Like wrote:Heard a whisper Scott Welsh may be on the market after after an indiscretion during Mad Monday...any interest to us? I think he's a 50+ goal smallish forward.
not sure on exact age but he would be close to 30yo

he is too short to be a key position forward...too slow to be a midfielder

stay away i think

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

SaintBot wrote:
Ghost Like wrote:Heard a whisper Scott Welsh may be on the market after after an indiscretion during Mad Monday...any interest to us? I think he's a 50+ goal smallish forward.
not sure on exact age but he would be close to 30yo

he is too short to be a key position forward...too slow to be a midfielder

stay away i think
Yea I think he is about 29, if he was younger definately because he is the sort of player we need but he really wouldn't be worth it atm.

sax
Club Player

Scott Welsh BD- 7/12/78

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

What about Charlie Gardiner?

Pretty disgruntled at the Cats from all reports - and is a pretty clever HFF type. Medium-sized, nice turn of speed, pretty hard at it with good goalsense - could be a good pickup?

The Saints are coming!
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

True Blue Sainter wrote:What about Charlie Gardiner?

Pretty disgruntled at the Cats from all reports - and is a pretty clever HFF type. Medium-sized, nice turn of speed, pretty hard at it with good goalsense - could be a good pickup?
i know the person who tutors all the geelong players, very close to all of them obviously.

She says that Gardiner and Playfair both have the worst work ethics compared to the others at the club.

Acording to her they have both come from fairly finacially secure families and have gone to good schools and have been spoilt throughout their early lives. Therefor they arnt willing to work as hard as the others.

Poor attitude players, stay away i think.

Also from an outsiders point of view to me Gardiner will never make the cut.