OFFICIAL - trade rumours/wishlist thread

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Lucky Saint wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
i'm all for believing in and developing the national draft for all it is worth ... and the rookies system, however it works.

keep 'em young and keep 'em coming through.

we must exploit the draft rules etc as much as we can. i wonder whether we have any good father-son picks coming through?
Totally agree but please no more "smokies" or re-drafts, I'd rather they invest time in kids who have been through the system rather than those who haven't. I'd like us to take a chance with a kid who may be our next Westhoff or Robbie Gray.

Us and a few other clubs were burnt badly last year by ignoring kids like these.

They were smokies

peter lockwood
Club Player

I honestly think that with Lyon,s involvment in football eg-Blues & Swans he will definately trade to get some more mature straight in sorts rather than put all his eggs in the kids basket.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

skeptic wrote:Lets see

Mark Seaby
Paul Haselby
Kayne Petteifer

+ a few kids in the draft with no major player losses - plugs a few holes in our list

make it happen boys :lol: :lol: :lol:
haselby ???? why do we need another slow mid ?? would be better off getting a speedy kid then a slow docker

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
True Blue Sainter
Club Player

agree with St Trav - would only be interested in Hasleby for a cut-throat price; which I can't see happening... not a necessity

The Saints are coming!
bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

peter lockwood wrote:I honestly think that with Lyon,s involvment in football eg-Blues & Swans he will definately trade to get some more mature straight in sorts rather than put all his eggs in the kids basket.
do you think that's a good thing?

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
peter lockwood wrote:I honestly think that with Lyon,s involvment in football eg-Blues & Swans he will definately trade to get some more mature straight in sorts rather than put all his eggs in the kids basket.
do you think that's a good thing?
If used sensibly it can be a good thing...I don't understand the whole anti-trading principle - if the right trade comes along, you take it, if not, then you stick to the draft picks....

The Saints are coming!
saintsrule
Club Player

Michael Newton or this kid from wes coast matt spangher

Red
Club Player

I think Williams would be a great acquisition. We were the lowest scoring side this year so a couple of extra scoring avenues would be good

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsrule wrote:Michael Newton or this kid from wes coast matt spangher
Micheal Newton sounds good. Has been at the demons 3 years and has finally become a regular. Looks like he may be very good. If we give them a third round plus say Raymond they will jump at that.

saintsrule
Club Player

hawtorn wouldnt trade williams i dont think

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Red wrote:I think Williams would be a great acquisition. We were the lowest scoring side this year so a couple of extra scoring avenues would be good
Ferguson is close to Williams height and they are both good overhead. Maybe a swap and a 3rd or 4th rounder. Thoughts?

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

saintsrule wrote:hawtorn wouldnt trade williams i dont think
ill expect Freo to put in a big play for him as i think next year will be farmers last

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

Brian Collis
Club Player

I'm having pasta tonight. White sause or red. Thoughts?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Brian Collis wrote:I'm having pasta tonight. White sause or red. Thoughts?
I think a third round may be good for the red sause but if you have the white throw in Sweeney as well.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

Brian Collis wrote:I'm having pasta tonight. White sause or red. Thoughts?
depends on you cholestorole level red is healthyer then white

Brian Collis
Club Player

If you throw in a 3rd round pick to help me eat it then my cholesterol level will only be half should I choose the white sauce

luckysaint
Club Player

plugger66 wrote:
Red wrote:I think Williams would be a great acquisition. We were the lowest scoring side this year so a couple of extra scoring avenues would be good
Ferguson is close to Williams height and they are both good overhead. Maybe a swap and a 3rd or 4th rounder. Thoughts?
only if the DP was going our way

True Blue Sainter
Club Player

Brian Collis wrote:If you throw in a 3rd round pick to help me eat it then my cholesterol level will only be half should I choose the white sauce
I actually think a white sauce could be more beneficial - particularly if lured by a package consisting of Raymond, Brooks & Pick 112

The Saints are coming!
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
Micheal Newton sounds good. Has been at the demons 3 years and has finally become a regular. Looks like he may be very good. If we give them a third round plus say Raymond they will jump at that.
You are kidding right?

A 3rd rounder and an untried who may never make it for a big kid who can take a very good catch.

They'd never take it in a blue fit!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
luckysaint
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:You are kidding right?

A 3rd rounder and an untried who may never make it for a big kid who can take a very good catch.

if the mods made available a sarcasm emoticon I think it would defeat the point of it

saintsrule
Club Player

Joffa Burns wrote:
plugger66 wrote:
You are kidding right?

Are you talking about spangher and newtom

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Ive thought the same.........and thats ok....on the condition that Lyon doesnt use ALL picks on recycled players cause invariably they are being let go by previous clubs for a reason.......

“Yeah….nah””
kalsaint
Club Player

homework wrote:dont forget mark seaby :wink:
Seaby was one I recommended about 3 years ago. He was a star for West Perth at the time but we continued to enlist hacks.

Now we have such a reputation for hacks as rucks I dont value rucks anymore. Caaaarlton obviously like our hacks.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
kalsaint
Club Player

bigcarl wrote:
eppo67 wrote:Yes no hacks agree but which players are you suggesting are hacks. We badly need a midsize leading , marking fwd. I think we should look Kayne Pettifer.

2007 stats: 22 Games for 357 Disposals = 16.22 ave
37 Goals from 22 Games = 1.68 Goals per game.

Milne Stats: 22 Games for 270 Disposals = 12.27 ave
32 Goals from 22 Games = 1.45 per Game.

Milne is 27 Pettifer is 25. Pettifer plays is woeful team Milne plays in a decent one. Pettifer would kick 40 goals + with us easily. Guys dont forget Hamill is as good as gone we need a replacement.

What do you guys think.
i think bj can play that role, or gilbert.

Gilbert no, BJ yes, but wouldn't it be a waste of BJ's influence on a game. This guy is the ultimate utility player.

I reckon Kent Kingsley is the type of player needed as a forward. Pettifer will cost too much and is probably holding out Kingsley at Richmond.

Another good leading player is the Docker Ryan Murphy. Missing beecause they recruited Tarrant.

By the way the Dockers are also fixated on Mark Williams and Mark Johnson too ??!! Yeah true, slow and 28 years old.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
ben_fff
Club Player

I think the only trades worth doing are for developing players under 23 years old, we don't need any middle of the run mid 20's type players who have pretty much hit their peak.