An EGM needs 60 signatures !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Eastern
Saintsational Legend

An EGM needs 60 signatures !!

I was just watching Danny Frawley on "Before the Game" on Fox and he was discussing the possible Board Challenge at St Kilda. He said that the silence from Nathan Burke was deafening and that it appeared that Burkie was part of the alternative Board.

Spud went on to say that St Kilda only need 60 signatures to force an EGM and that the cost of an EGM would be around $200,000

He also said that he thought that it would be better for the club if there wasn't a fight. Damien Barrett commented that the challengers might win this one.

I find myself in agreement with Spud at this stage in that the LAST thing St Kilda needs right now is a very messy fight !!

Disclaimer: There is next to nothing coming out from either side (we don't even know who the alternatives are). We would need a lot more info from either side before we would be in a position to make an objective assessment. What I would like to see is both groups having a controlled debate in front of the members !!
Last edited by Eastern on Fri 07 Sep 2007 7:47pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

can't they just prepare and do it at the AGM? present alternatives to fill positions then?

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

saintbrat wrote:can't they just prepare and do it at the AGM? present alternatives to fill positions then?
Brat, your ideas are too sensible for these ppl. The biggest similarity between both groups would have to be the size of their EGOS !!

Richter
SS Life Member

Re: An EGM needs 60 signatures !!

Eastern wrote:I find myself in agreement with Spud at this stage in that the LAST thing St Kilda needs right now is a very messy fight !!
Why not Eastern? After all the carping at the sidelines and generally keeping the members in the dark over the last couple of years re the running of the club it seems to me that a full-on bunfight is exactly what we need to clean the decks prior to a new board taking us forward.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want a fight that would cost the club $200k but aside from that I reckon it's about time we found out some answers to some pertinent questions from current board.

To your corners gentlemen.......

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...