Brad Moran + Kayne Pettifer

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

woooosaints
Club Player

Brad Moran + Kayne Pettifer

reports are we are looking at these two players personally i dont want either id rather develop gilbert into a HFF and brooks play back up to kosi/gardner

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Moran would be a great pickup.

201cm athletic ruckman who is great around the ground and solid in the ruck.

Has been denied an opportunity at North because of Hale and McIntosh, but apparently has a good work ethic and attitude, and Laidley has said that he will allow him to find more opportunities.

Had something like 20 disposals, 10 marks and 10 hitouts in his first game of AFL footy.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
fonz_#15
SS Life Member

well we need to do something about our ruck situation so i'm open to the idea of attempting to get moran.

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Moran would be a great pickup.

201cm athletic ruckman who is great around the ground and solid in the ruck.

Has been denied an opportunity at North because of Hale and McIntosh, but apparently has a good work ethic and attitude, and Laidley has said that he will allow him to find more opportunities.

Had something like 20 disposals, 10 marks and 10 hitouts in his first game of AFL footy.
Moran has played three afl games since being drafted in 2004

1st game
21 disp 10 hitouts
2nd game
10 disp 2 hitouts

note above games at CHB

1 game
7disp 0 hitouts

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Moran played 15 games for Tasmania in the VFL this year.

He kicked 9 goals, and was named in the best 8 times out of the 15, including 2 BOG's.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Moran played 15 games for Tasmania in the VFL this year.

He kicked 9 goals, and was named in the best 8 times out of the 15, including 2 BOG's.
That sounds very similar to Barry Brooks' record for Casey this year. Are they similar type players? !!

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Moran is more athletic and versatile than Brooks, but hasn't played key forward like BB has.

Brooks' has better hands too, but Moran has a great attitude and is a very physical competitior.

They probably perform at a similar level in the VFL.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Is Moran the Pommie guy that came to footy late...but was a gifted athlete...or do I have the wrong guy???

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:Is Moran the Pommie guy that came to footy late...but was a gifted athlete...or do I have the wrong guy???
Yep.

Richter
SS Life Member

I'm pretty sure that his father is Kevin Moran - former Gaelic football player, but more interestingly also former Manchester United defender who has the unlikely distinction of being the very first man to have been sent off in an FA Cup final back in 1985.

(Look away Everton, Superboot and the Jiggster.... :wink: )

And then in extra time Norman Whiteside scored a pearler of a left footer past Neville Southall to win the Cup for Utd against the then mighty Everton FC. Ah, the memories of youth.....!!

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:I'm pretty sure that his father is Kevin Moran - former Gaelic football player, but more interestingly also former Manchester United defender who has the unlikely distinction of being the very first man to have been sent off in an FA Cup final back in 1985.

(Look away Everton, Superboot and the Jiggster.... :wink: )

And then in extra time Norman Whiteside scored a pearler of a left footer past Neville Southall to win the Cup for Utd against the then mighty Everton FC. Ah, the memories of youth.....!!
teeheehee!! :lol: :lol:

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Argh no more gifted athletes.

I'm sick of gifted athletes. They're such goddamn boring players. No flare or style, they just do really well in beep tests and standing jumps and blablablah

Give me a player with football flowing through their veins over these beep test twits.

hotdish
Club Player

From what I know, he isn't a ruckman, but a KPP.

This year whilst playing for Tassie i think he mainly played at CHB, and when he played senior footy he played CHB.

I wouldn't be chasing him unless he is uncontracted and wants to go into the pre-season draft.

You also have to remember that he played all year in a crap team - if he was playing loose man in the backline (and there was ALOT of ball there this year) it wasn't that hard to get in the best players (and half the players were 18year olds)

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

how old is he?

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Hes no relation to Jason is he?

“Yeah….nah””