Potential Trade Target

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

thehandbrake
Club Player

Potential Trade Target

Justin Sherman.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned him as a target, but he would seem to fill a key deficiency in our midfield- genuine pace.

Although his form has dropped off, he obviously has potential and has on numerous occasions torn us up. Apparently attitude could be a problem, but maybe the change of scenery and a trade could give him the wake up call he needs.

Not sure who or what I'd be prepared to give up for him, but thought he was an interesting choice as a 'gettable' trade target. Thoughts?

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Brisbane would be mad to let him go. They would demand pick 9 at the bare minimum. He's had an ordinary year, but he was awsome last year.

thehandbrake
Club Player

Yeah, I know where you're coming from MSG. He has had a shocking yr though, so maybe he's reached his full potential in the Brisbane environment?

I don't think the Lions would give him away cheaply, but he's certainly not worth pick 9. I guess Brisbane are presented with a choice though- back him in for a better year next year, or trade him now while he still has some residual value from last year. If we dangle a fair enough carrot in front of them, I think he'd be a worthy addition.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

the last bloke we got in a trade from brisbane goes alright

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

fonz_#15 wrote:the last bloke we got in a trade from brisbane goes alright
took him a while thou

thehandbrake
Club Player

Geez, it was hardly a Barry Brooks-like wait for Gram to blossom.

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

thehandbrake wrote:Geez, it was hardly a Barry Brooks-like wait for Gram to blossom.
were still waiting on brooks.. and always will be

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
thehandbrake
Club Player

My point exactly :wink:

Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Would love to see The Sherminator in a saints jumper.

Probably got a little ahead of himselgf after his top 3 B&F finish in 2006.
They wont let him go cheaply if at all.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

One of the few exceptions where you would give up your second round pick for a player.

Sherman is exactly what we need ... would be perfect in our side and can play brilliant football.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

How's his attitude ? !!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

SEN or ABC i forget, were talking about sherman having personal issues and not wanting to talk about what they knew.

perhaps like begley, sampi or that essendon chap who's name always escapes me, sherman, could be finished for 'personal' reasons.

then again a fair wack of the SEN 'breaking stories' are bollux :lol:

One thing I've said we lacked is a dean greig/power/sziller/keogh hammer in the middle.

sherman could be that person, COULD.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Brisbane Saint

Re: Potential Trade Target

thehandbrake wrote:Justin Sherman.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned him as a target, but he would seem to fill a key deficiency in our midfield- genuine pace.

Although his form has dropped off, he obviously has potential and has on numerous occasions torn us up. Apparently attitude could be a problem, but maybe the change of scenery and a trade could give him the wake up call he needs.

Not sure who or what I'd be prepared to give up for him, but thought he was an interesting choice as a 'gettable' trade target. Thoughts?
I've met Sherman a couple of times out and about and he is one of the nicest and down-to-earth blokes going around. He looks a bit of a prat on the field, but he is the opposite off it. He brought his family up from Tasmania last year to live in Brisbane and would be near-on impossible to get.

There is also no way the Lions will let him go. They have extremely high hopes for him and will want to build their future midfield around him and Adcock. Had a poor season due to being injured and played out of position, but finished 2nd or 3rd in their B&F last year.

A second round pick wouldn't come close to getting him.