Staff Changes?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

peter lockwood
Club Player

Staff Changes?

Alot is being said about changes on the field but do we think that there might be some off field as well.Not talking about boards and the like but assistant coaches & football managers.
Connelly has gone to the Dees in some sort of capacity which i think is a good move for them.
I would like to see likes of Mitchell,Shaw and even Sheedy come on board in varying roles.What would you like to see and what do you think will?

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Yes we need changes. I would give Terry Daniher a call, he was great for our foward line. We also need an injection of some St.Kilda blood in the box.

Sheedy as an assistant would be handy, but would his ego allow it?

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
saintlee
Club Player

I doubt there will be any changes in coaching staff, with the possible exception of Ken Sheldon if there is board change....seems there are a few unhappy with his performance

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Well the new AIS Fitness Committee is hard at work...and have already identified a number of areas of required change...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Re: Staff Changes?

peter lockwood wrote:Alot is being said about changes on the field but do we think that there might be some off field as well.Not talking about boards and the like but assistant coaches & football managers.
Connelly has gone to the Dees in some sort of capacity which i think is a good move for them.
I would like to see likes of Mitchell,Shaw and even Sheedy come on board in varying roles.What would you like to see and what do you think will?
I think Thomas is gone.

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

In body, maybe Rodger, in body. The spirit does seem to waft.....

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Langi
Club Player

I think Kevin Sheedy as Head of Football Operations would be a good fit, he did have a very good coaching record against us so obviously knows what our weaknessess are and could be of great help to the coaching staff as well.

I think it would be a great thing if Terry Daniher did come back as Forward coach as our forward line has never been the same since he left.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

TD and Burke were huge losses for us when they went. I can only think that they were being stifled by GT and/or the board?

Bono
Club Player

Its time to say goodbye........................Kenny S.

St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

I wouldn't have any problems seeing the back of John Barker. The forward line was insipid for the best part of the year, and only really kicked big scores when Roo and G had big games individually. It can't be totally put down to poor delivery.

And will SOS go back to the blues with Ratten???

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

Bono wrote:Its time to say goodbye........................Kenny S.

why does everyone hate kenny so much?

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

St Chris wrote:I wouldn't have any problems seeing the back of John Barker. The forward line was insipid for the best part of the year, and only really kicked big scores when Roo and G had big games individually. It can't be totally put down to poor delivery.

And will SOS go back to the blues with Ratten???
Actually, in the second half of the year we scored about 50% of the time we went inside 50, which is very good.

We had the least number of disposals per goal in all our games except a couple in the second half of the year, which suggests we played very efficient football.

That to me says our structure was working.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
bungiton
SS Life Member

ausfatcat wrote:
Bono wrote:Its time to say goodbye........................Kenny S.

why does everyone hate kenny so much?
oh my god they boned Kenny???

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
SaintBot
Saintsational Legend

if SOS has taught all the tricks we need from him then its time to show him the door...no doubt he will want to move onto becoming an assistant at carlton or even as a head coach elsewhere...the less inside knowledge he has on us the better

I dont think Baker needs to leave either...but obviously we dont know what happens behind the scene...if he is to go i wouldnt mind giving gehrig the forwardline coaching job if he wanted it

supersaints
Club Player

Stick sheedy up your butt... I don't want marshmallow , Martian, jacket waving idiots being the Saints operations manager, while sheedy was a good tactical coach he is a couple of tadpoles short of a swamp.....

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!