The Pain!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

StSteven
Club Player

The Pain!

Reading the newspapers, watching TV, listening to the radio really hurts now that we are not in Finals.

A reminder of what could have been. All we hear is how great Team (1-8) is, how good are the players etc. All Australian, Rising Star, Brownlow Medal,everywhere Geelong, Geelong, Geelong.

No mention of Saints........maybe a Queensland holiday for 4 weeks!

aussiejones
Club Player

Get out the (selected) videos of past games ....

SB10
Club Player

Re: The Pain!

StSteven wrote:Reading the newspapers, watching TV, listening to the radio really hurts now that we are not in Finals.

A reminder of what could have been. All we hear is how great Team (1-8) is, how good are the players etc. All Australian, Rising Star, Brownlow Medal,everywhere Geelong, Geelong, Geelong.

I've actually been alright since knowing we weren't going to make it after the Adelaide game. That is until today when, as you say, you look at the teams and all the media hype and realise we're not there.

It makes me bloody angry to be honest. We've thrown away a golden opportunity this year. On our day we can beat any of these teams in the 8 (including Geelong), but I suppose that's the very reason we're not there. Who know's what St Kilda would have turned up against the Hawks this weekend had we made it.

I tell you what though, I'll be bloody pissed off if Collingwood come out and play decent footy against the Swans and win. They were pathetic against the Crows........

noreason41
Club Player

StSteven wrote:Reading the newspapers, watching TV, listening to the radio really hurts now that we are not in Finals.

4 wins out of 11 games against top 8 teams tends to think otherwise.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

i get around it by avoiding reading or listening to the normal footy reports.....only read the front section of the paper...don't watch league teams or that crap footy show......even have been limiting my time on here......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
GRAMophone
Club Player

Just a shocking time of year when the ride comes to an end, specially considering that we should be in there. I wouldn't really care what happens now -have stopped reading papers SEN etc. Good thing is in three weeks we'll all be back on a level playing field.

HOPELESSLY DEVOTED
Brewer
Club Player

I reckon the Saints hardly get a mention anyway. Maybe I'm just needy for a glory fix, but this year there seemed to be a number of times where something really interesting happened in a game or a result warranted some discussion, and we got virtually zip in the media.

Even Harvey's 350th barely got a couple of minutes of airtime, despite the unlikely circumstances.

Am I just being biased or do we really have to jump through hoops to get attention?

Did all the off-field carp 'use up' the Saints' allotted airtime?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
Eastern
Saintsational Legend

We are saints. We have this wonderful forum to keep up to date with all things saintly. If all else fails, do what barks4eva does and make something up :roll: :wink: !!

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Brewer, that is an awesome avatar. Got more of that?