Judd...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

fisher_fan
Club Player

Judd...

I doubt that the eagles would let him go, and it seems the blues would be the front runners if they did, so this is hypothetical in a sense. Judd is arguably the best player in the league when fully fit. If he was on the market....would you think the Saints would chase him? And who would be used as bait....?

Would the saints be better without Kosi and a first round pick....or with Judd????

Any other ideas

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Forget Judd.....he Weagles pay him $millions in proprty deals through "connections"....Melbourne clubs cannot match the cash up mining boom interests...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Personally i'd think a KPP is better than a midfielder, even if that is Judd.

So if i was you i'd keep kosi and your first rounder.

I dont think you guys could fit him in the salary cap even if you wanted too (including trading kosi). The fact we are the frontrunners could come down to 2 things.

1. We have more room in the cap than almost all teams.
2. We have fevola and 2 top 3 picks as bargaining power.

Interesting to hear that Hutchie says he is 50-50 on staying-going for next year too! :shock:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

cough cough OP cough cough.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

TheBabyBlues wrote:Personally i'd think a KPP is better than a midfielder, even if that is Judd.

So if i was you i'd keep kosi and your first rounder.

I dont think you guys could fit him in the salary cap even if you wanted too (including trading kosi). The fact we are the frontrunners could come down to 2 things.

1. We have more room in the cap than almost all teams.
2. We have fevola and 2 top 3 picks as bargaining power.

Interesting to hear that Hutchie says he is 50-50 on staying-going for next year too! :shock:
If he went to Carlscum it would show he is money hungry and had no morals to the Footy public. Carlton are still going to be 3 years away from being even remotly close to a premiership and all players play for premierships apparently. If he wanted come home to Melbourne he would go to a club with hope of premierships in the next 4 years and money wouldn't be the deciding factor. :wink:

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Lynch Beast
Club Player

can have all of the big forwards you want but if the ball isn't going forward cleanly then I don't care how good the forwards are

When Judd is back to fitness you can lock in 25 disposals, 6+ clearances (not normal clearances but take the ball & explode away from the stoppage ) and 1 goal + per game.

Dick Pratt could very well offer Judd 5m/year on top of the 800k he gets from the blues

from that you get a Superstar captain of the club who up until this year had only missed about 3 games through injury (a single hamstring) and has been one of the most consistent players in the comp who you can guarantee will step up to a new level in September

From a west coast perspective I would much prefer a midfielder over a lead & mark forward who kicks 70-80 (Fev)

Q unit may not be pretty but damn he works hard & without him our forward line would be STUFFED. he will kick 50-60 (with straighter kicking) and I highly doubt he would work well with fev in the forward line.

If the offer were Murphy/Gibbs/Hodge/Black/Delidio/Burgoyne/Ablett + a top 5 pick when I would consider it

Having the ball move for cleanly to the entire forward line (the guys who kick the other 10 of 14 goals that you usually need to win) if far more important than the extra goal per game that you get from Fev

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Groins are shot, shoulders are dodgy (did 'em last year in the GF) and hammys have gone twice.

Will still be a good player, but will retire by the time he is 30 IMO.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Groins are shot, shoulders are dodgy (did 'em last year in the GF) and hammys have gone twice.

Will still be a good player, but will retire by the time he is 30 IMO.
yeah i've been hearing rumours about wce from my work colleague

seems that the WCE have offered him a contract for about the same or LESS than he is currently earning plus cutting down on his incentives as well, his max contract will be more performanced based.\

they are also entertaining offers for judd in an off hand 'we are going to keep judd, but say you wanted him what are you willing to part with to get him' type discussions.

when i said this about 2 months ago it was pooh poohed but i recked theres a bit of truth in it.

he'll probably stay at WCE but on the same or less than he's on now, or some club will make a ridiculous bid for him and WCE will accept.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

judd looks terrible out there.

can his career never attain the heights it once did?

SHUT UP KRIME!
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Judd relied on one skill that put him well above everyone else.

His speed over 10-15m.

If that goes, he rejoins the pack of midfielders.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Take him out back and shoot him like you would a champion race horse.

Horrible to watch and a blight on his career.
West coast supporter on big footy.

Painful to watch such a great player play so badly. Calls for surgery.

Now they know how we've felt watching Ball these last couple of years.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

U were saying about Judd???

Just split this game open. 2 goals in a minute or so. Therein lays his abilities.

SaintDippa
Club Player

We play 14 games a year on concrete. Why would Judd want to come to StK?

ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:U were saying about Judd???

Just split this game open. 2 goals in a minute or so. Therein lays his abilities.
more in the right place at the right time than anything rather than skill or dashing. I'd say more Co's work than anything and if people don't rate ruckmen well should've seen those 2 mins of game time.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

i've said before judd with OP > about 1/2 the midfielders int eh competition, just no longer an 800k p/a player anymore. definately not a 2 round 1 draft pick player.

SHUT UP KRIME!
supersaints
Club Player

Sadly we already have one player with chronic groin problems, though it appears to me that Bally has a higher pain tolerance than judd- why would we want two players with the same injury woes?
My guess is Judd or Ball will never be the players they were- but I hope I am wrong.

And the president said " I did not have sex with that woman"
And our former president said " Football is like golf" 

Go Sainters !!!!!