GT sympathisers

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

GT sympathisers

Are there still any of you around?

If so, GET REAL!!!

This guy is possibly one of the biggest drama queens to coach an AFL club.

I have now lost every ounce of respect I had remaining for him.

If wish nothing for this guy, except some very, very hefty legal fees after hearing about his efforts.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

you can add Butterss to the list of drama queens too.

not impressed with GT or Butters over the last few months.

pair of idiots bulls ramming each other over the doe/dough

still appreicate what RB achieved at st kilda from a financial perspective and I appreciate what GT achieved as a coach of st Kilda.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Re: GT sympathisers

Sainternist wrote:Are there still any of you around?

If so, GET REAL!!!

This guy is possibly one of the biggest drama queens to coach an AFL club.

I have now lost every ounce of respect I had remaining for him.

If wish nothing for this guy, except some very, very hefty legal fees after hearing about his efforts.

"NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!"
Everyone is still entitled to an opinion...disagreeing with you doesnt HAVE to mean that you need a life

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

I continue to believe strongly that the decision to sack GT last year was misguided and totally wrong.

Does this mean that I "sympathise" with GT? I have never met the man and have mixed feelings about what I have seen of his personaility as it has come across in the media: especially lately, when I think he has made some ill-judged public comments. But this hasn't materially altered my views that the decision of September last year was a major mistake.

Has he been undermining the club behind the scenes? We really only have the words of Rod Butterss, Archie Fraser and Caroline Wilson to back this claim. Sorry, but I don't see any of them as being particularly reliable sources. So my views on his sacking haven't changed.

As regards GT's various legal actions against Butterss and the Club: I don't feel that I have learned enough from the media coverage to have a firm view as to the rights and wrongs of these. I am surprised at how many on this forum seem to jump so quickly to an anti-GT conclusion on the basis of incomplete evidence.

So, all things considered, I remain totally convinced that GT shouldn't have been sacked from his position as coach last year.

As for GT the man: to be brutally honest, on the basis of what I've seen, he seems to be a major prat.

But then so does Mark Williams, and I certainly wouldn't mind having him as coach at our club.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I continue to believe strongly that the decision to sack GT last year was misguided and totally wrong.

Does this mean that I "sympathise" with GT? I have never met the man and have mixed feelings about what I have seen of his personaility as it has come across in the media: especially lately, when I think he has made some ill-judged public comments. But this hasn't materially altered my views that the decision of September last year was a major mistake.

Has he been undermining the club behind the scenes? We really only have the words of Rod Butterss, Archie Fraser and Caroline Wilson to back this claim. Sorry, but I don't see any of them as being particularly reliable sources. So my views on his sacking haven't changed.

As regards GT's various legal actions against Butterss and the Club: I don't feel that I have learned enough from the media coverage to have a firm view as to the rights and wrongs of these. I am surprised at how many on this forum seem to jump so quickly to an anti-GT conclusion on the basis of incomplete evidence.

Well said! Agree whole-heartedly!

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

The opening post has hit the ground quicker than a lead zeppelin.

Sainternist, I'm happy to kill the thread before they put you through the mincer...although too big a part of me agrees with them to do that.

Ole!

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

You started ANOTHER thread about him Sainternist, but you're telling others to get over him?

asiu

gt is the funniest subject around here ......

unbelievable the hold he has on people

fonz_#15
SS Life Member

yep been 1 hole f-ing year now

Robert Harvey- Simply the best
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

It's funny, because the people who don't like him are the ones who are obsessed about him the most, and continually bring him it up...almost like he still works at the club.

I'm also noting that there's a lot of people who say "I backed GT 100%, and whilst also I'm behind Lyon, I don't see why you can't be positive about them both."

A good attitude, I reckon. Being pro one of them shouldn't have to mean being anti the other.
Last edited by evertonfc on Thu 06 Sep 2007 8:16pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:I continue to believe strongly that the decision to sack GT last year was misguided and totally wrong.
I'm with you on this, too, mb. a very poor decision that has probably cost us a crack at the flag this season.

but it's like a relationship bust up and eventually you have to move on whether you like it or not.

RL gets 2008 to prove he is the man for the job ... for RB's sake, let's hope he is ... he's probably staked his presidency on the decision to fix something that wasn't broken.
Last edited by bigcarl on Thu 06 Sep 2007 8:19pm, edited 1 time in total.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:It's funny, because the people who don't like him are the ones who are obsessed about him the most, and continually bring him it up...almost like he still works at the club.

I'm also noting that there's a lot of people who say "I backed GT 100%, and whilst also I'm behind Lyon, I don't see why you can't be positive about them both."

A good attitude, I reckon. Being pro one of them shouldn't have to mean being anti the other.
I find myself agreeing with most things you say lately, Ev... well said.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
evertonfc wrote:It's funny, because the people who don't like him are the ones who are obsessed about him the most, and continually bring him it up...almost like he still works at the club.

I'm scared too mate :P

satchmo
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:

Bloody everton sympathisers !

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
n1ck wrote:

I wont agree with his choice of football club though!

all bloody SCOUSE sympathisers!

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

satchmo wrote:
n1ck wrote:

Can't stop the music, Louis 8-)

St.Kenny
Club Player

Yes 'Sainternist' I agree wholeheartedly !

I too now believe everything Caroline 'gossip queen' Wilson and Patrick 'the self righteous' Smith have said about GT all along.

GT is a very naughty boy because infact he stopped us gettin to the finals !!

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
satchmo
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Can't stop the music, Louis 8-)
Ahhh The Village people....right on man ! :P

*Allegedly.

Bring back Lucky Burgers, and nobody gets hurt.

You can't un-fry things.

Last Post
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

St.Kenny wrote:GT is a very naughty boy because infact he stopped us gettin to the finals !!
I heard he ordered Gehrig to kick 100 goals in 2004 before the season had even started, so that if we made a Preliminary Final, fans would run on and sabotage the game, and our chances of a flag.

Evil!

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Gotta laugh.....a thread that lumps all GT lovers together...crowing about hows its the 'non-sympathisers' who go on about it him... :lol: :lol:

Any moron who cant see through Grant Thomas by now really shouldve been a Jonestown member in the 70'S and saved us all the trouble.

The mans a treacherous leech and he wont stop untill Butters - whome he also leeched $1m off then refused to pay up - is also gone.

“Yeah….nah””
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:Sainternist, I'm happy to kill the thread before they put you through the mincer...although too big a part of me agrees with them to do that.

Ole!
So I'm getting put through "the mincer" for voicing my opinion about that pr*ck am I?

So be it... I couldn't care less about mob mentality on an internet forum.

If I was complete nerd, perhaps then I'd would be shaking in my boots over the prospect facing the wrath of the forum.

Step right up, folks...
Take your best cyber swing :lol:

p.s. quite untrue about the GT haters always bringing him up. There were times throughout the season when the GT sympathisers were acting like saps "If only GT was still here... boo hoo wah wah".

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Sainternist wrote:
evertonfc wrote:Sainternist, I'm happy to kill the thread before they put you through the mincer...although too big a part of me agrees with them to do that.

Ole!
So I'm getting put through "the mincer" for voicing my opinion about that pr*ck am I?

So be it... I couldn't care less about mob mentality on an internet forum.

If I was complete nerd, perhaps then I'd would be shaking in my boots over the prospect facing the wrath of the forum.

Step right up, folks...
Take your best cyber swing :lol:

p.s. quite untrue about the GT haters always bringing him up. There were times throughout the season when the GT sympathisers were acting like saps "If only GT was still here... boo hoo wah wah".
Correct Sainternist.........but let them bleat on.....WHEN Lyon delivers success...simply remember who THEY are.......

“Yeah….nah””
firthy
Club Player

Was the best thing that happened to our club for many years -- we re- discovered our winning culture that had been lost for a long long time -- correct discipline re- appeared -- we made the finals three years in a row , even though we had a stack of injuries -- it was obvious the players enjoyed playing with him as coach -- but unfortunately the old St Kilda returned and people in control with egos to stoke who don't actually care about our beloved club moved him on. They are still there ,so beware Ross Lyon beware . I believe Lyon will move elsewhere as quick as he can and who would blame him.

Please let me live long enough to see it happen.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

firthy wrote:Was the best thing that happened to our club for many years -- we re- discovered our winning culture that had been lost for a long long time -- correct discipline re- appeared -- we made the finals three years in a row , even though we had a stack of injuries -- it was obvious the players enjoyed playing with him as coach -- but unfortunately the old St Kilda returned and people in control with egos to stoke who don't actually care about our beloved club moved him on. They are still there ,so beware Ross Lyon beware . I believe Lyon will move elsewhere as quick as he can and who would blame him.
You better add the man himself and his own ego to your list.

Remember without the "ego"driven Butters... :roll: ...Grant would NEVER have coached an AFL club.

How many have sought him out this year when there has been 4 jobs up for grab if he'sthe saviour you have him down for??????????...and what do they know and see that we were to stupid to?

Lets be real - Grant was GIFTED some super kids via the draft, a younger Gehrig, Hamill, Harvey, Voss, Peckett, Powell, Thompson, Hudgton and FAILED to fix our injury situation over 5 yrs as head coach on $4ook a year even AFTER being given control for his own appointments in the fitness area by the Board.

He's no messiah thats for sure.

“Yeah….nah””
SaintDippa
Club Player

Chicken and Egg.

Rod is credited with turning profits in the order of a milllion a year. Not that I am a GT lovechild, far from it, but how much of Rod's 'success' should we credit to GT for the rise into the Prelims, and the membership growth and $$$$ that ensued.

Sick and tired of the GT / RB feud. Please give me a creditable alternative and RB is GONE.