A solution for Saints fans missing their finals fix

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

BakesFan
SS Life Member

A solution for Saints fans missing their finals fix

Get to Mackay on Sept 15 for the Mackay AFL Grand Final/s

North Mackay SAINTS have qualified for the Grand Final in every grade apart from the Under 17's (their Preliminary final is this weekend, Sept. 8)

So.. the Seniors, Reserves, Under 14's, and Under 12's are all in their respective Grand Finals. It's gonna be a HUGE day of footy and I'm gonna love every minute of it.

With any luck we'll have all 5 grades winning Premierships for the North Mackay SAINTS

just a quick side note because I'm a proud and heavily biased Dad. BakesFan jnr's Under 14's went through the season undefeated and finished with a percentage of 1223.97 (no that's not a typo)

GO SAINTS!!!!!
Last edited by BakesFan on Wed 05 Sep 2007 7:49pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

HOW do you get a % like that ?
Congrats to the bakes fans and teams

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Congrats to the Mackay Saints ... that's a great effort.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
BakesFan
SS Life Member

saintbrat wrote:HOW do you get a % like that ?
Points for 1481... Points against 121

The Under 14's were incredible this year.

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Re: A solution for Saints fans missing their finals fix

BakesFan wrote:Get to Mackay on Sept 15 for the Mackay AFL Grand Final/s

North Mackay SAINTS have qualified for the Grand Final in every grade apart from the Under 17's (their Preliminary final is this weekend, Sept. 8)

So.. the Seniors, Reserves, Under 14's, and Under 12's are all in their respective Grand Finals. It's gonna be a HUGE day of footy and I'm gonna love every minute of it.

With any luck we'll have all 5 grades winning Premierships for the North Mackay SAINTS

just a quick side note because I'm a proud and heavily biased Dad. BakesFan jnr's Under 14's went through the season undefeated and finished with a percentage of 1223.97 (no that's not a typo)

GO SAINTS!!!!!
How did little Gerva go in the under 14's

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

Hi Bakes..brings back some great memories from 2005 when we went to Airlie Beach which included a trip up to Mackay by Bus to watch the Whitsunday Sea Eagles play the Mackay Saints in the GF.My two nephews Matt and Dan were playing for the Sea Ealges who got up for the second year in a row.Felt kind of weird barracking against the red ,white and black especially when I was barracking for a blue and gold team called the Eagles...I thought Mackay were a bit stiff to be honest so better luck to the club including your son this time around.Great memories of a beautiful ground ...and the great North coast of this country...
!Were you there that day ?Would love to revisit sometime and share a beer!cheers and go [Mackay]Saints!:twisted:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

Sounds good where abouts is it lol :oops:

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Lenny_Hayes7 wrote:Sounds good where abouts is it lol :oops:
Nth QLD :lol:

They walk amongst us...

Lenny_Hayes7
Club Player

lol ok ill give it a miss. :wink:

StTassle
Club Player

8-) I'll be there thats for sure, wouldn't miss it.

If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you're over dressed.
saintbrat
Saintsational Legend

I'm going to watch the saints play- Cargnham Linton Saints at Austar arena sat.

StReNgTh ThRoUgH LoYaLtY
Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly..!!
MEMBERSHIP 2014 31,134 Membership 2015 32,746 MEMBERSHIP 2016 - 38,101
MEMBERSHIP 2017 42,095 , Membership 2018 46,998
MEMBERSHIP 2019 43,106 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php? ... 9#p1816890
MEMBERSHIP 2020 48,588 http://saintsational.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=100107
BakesFan
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote: How did little Gerva go in the under 14's
Young Gervasoni's done well all season, plugger. He managed a great goal against the Hawks in last weeks semi final.

The Grand Final matches thus far cofirmed are;
Under 12's. Saints vs (Whitsunday)Sea Eagles
Under 14's Saints vs (Eastern)Swans
Under 17's (Mackay City)Hawks vs (undecided)*
Reserves Saints vs (Mackay City)Hawks
Seniors Saints vs (Whitsunday)Sea Eagles

* Huge Controversy in the Under 17's Prelim last Saturday. The Saints were well in front in the last quarter when a count of players was requested. The Saints had an extra player on the field. Their score to that point was annulled and with only seven minutes remaining it was too much to catch the Swans. All the Swans had to do was flood and create constant stoppages to prevent the Saints scoring. The Saints still managed 1.1 to 0.0 in that scraggy few minutes.
No confirmation as yet; but a rematch at Harrup Park is touted for tomorrow night or Thursday night.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

saint patrick wrote:Hi Bakes..brings back some great memories from 2005 when we went to Airlie Beach which included a trip up to Mackay by Bus to watch the Whitsunday Sea Eagles play the Mackay Saints in the GF.My two nephews Matt and Dan were playing for the Sea Ealges who got up for the second year in a row.Felt kind of weird barracking against the red ,white and black especially when I was barracking for a blue and gold team called the Eagles...I thought Mackay were a bit stiff to be honest so better luck to the club including your son this time around.Great memories of a beautiful ground ...and the great North coast of this country...
!Were you there that day ?Would love to revisit sometime and share a beer!cheers and go [Mackay]Saints!:twisted:
Wasn't there that day St.Pat.
The Sea Eagles have had the wood over the Saints seniors in the past couple of years. They won back to back flags in 2005/06.
It's the Saints turn this year!!

For anyone coming along this year. The Grand Final/s will be played at Harrup Park (Great facility).
http://www.harruppark.com.au/

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
saint patrick wrote:Hi Bakes..brings back some great memories from 2005 when we went to Airlie Beach which included a trip up to Mackay by Bus to watch the Whitsunday Sea Eagles play the Mackay Saints in the GF.My two nephews Matt and Dan were playing for the Sea Ealges who got up for the second year in a row.Felt kind of weird barracking against the red ,white and black especially when I was barracking for a blue and gold team called the Eagles...I thought Mackay were a bit stiff to be honest so better luck to the club including your son this time around.Great memories of a beautiful ground ...and the great North coast of this country...
Wasn't there that day St.Pat.
The Sea Eagles have had the wood over the Saints seniors in the past couple of years. They won back to back flags in 2005/06.
It's the Saints turn this year!!

For anyone coming along this year. The Grand Final/s will be played at Harrup Park (Great facility).
http://www.harruppark.com.au/
Do you know a kid called Liam in the under 14's.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

plugger66 wrote:Do you know a kid called Liam in the under 14's.
Three posts back, plugger. :-)

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

BakesFan wrote:
plugger66 wrote:Do you know a kid called Liam in the under 14's.
Three posts back, plugger. :-)
Thanks for that. Next time you see Heather or Verdi say Steve said G'Day.

Mackaysaint
Club Player

BakesFan wrote:

The Grand Final matches thus far cofirmed are;
Under 12's. Saints vs (Whitsunday)Sea Eagles
Under 14's Saints vs (Eastern)Swans
Under 17's (Mackay City)Hawks vs (undecided)*
Reserves Saints vs (Mackay City)Hawks
Seniors Saints vs (Whitsunday)Sea Eagles

* Huge Controversy in the Under 17's Prelim last Saturday. The Saints were well in front in the last quarter when a count of players was requested. The Saints had an extra player on the field. Their score to that point was annulled and with only seven minutes remaining it was too much to catch the Swans. All the Swans had to do was flood and create constant stoppages to prevent the Saints scoring. The Saints still managed 1.1 to 0.0 in that scraggy few minutes.
No confirmation as yet; but a rematch at Harrup Park is touted for tomorrow night or Thursday night.
My son played for the Saints in that match, Bakesfan, and apparently it was the opposition runner who called for the player count. (The rules call for the captain to call a player count) Also due to a sporting guesture by the Saints coach (who had a full squad), the teams agreed to only field 17 men each (as the Swans were short). At the time of the player count, a mistake had occurred - we were at fault - we accidentally fielded 18 players.

The laws of the game were consulted immediately after the match and the officials overturned the score nullification. Further official intervention occurred later to nullify the whole match and a replay was called for - on Thursday night (yesterday). The Swans failed to field a team for the replay match so a forfeit was declared.

The whole incident has left a sour taste for the kids participating - none of whom has done anything wrong.

If the Swans had genuinely believed they were a chance of beating the Saints in the rematch - they would have turned up and played then said stick that up your koit or some such. They knew that their only hope of victory lay in the umpires gifting them the game.

That said, the North Mackay Saints should be congratulated for making the Grand Final in every age group played here. This is a massive feat - now we just need to convert these GF appearances into premierships :)

Cogito ergo sum Furtius Quo Rdelius
Mackaysaint
Club Player

StTassle wrote:8-) I'll be there thats for sure, wouldn't miss it.
Of course you will be there dear, you're driving me home after the seniors match.

Mackaysaint
Club Player

oh and for those who are interested, Bakesfan and I will be keen to catch up with David Armitage at the game. See if we can get some sort of insiders perspective about the footy first challenge.