have a real sook, eddie...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Red
Club Player

You guys musn't watch much of Fremantle because Hayden has had a huge year. Only guy at Freo to provide some run.

BakesFan
SS Life Member

evertonfc wrote: And BakesFan, if Eddie was our president, your boy would have probably played against West Coast, and almost certainly in Round 1 next year.
Hence, my post. :D

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.(Eleanor Roosevelt)
vacuous space
SS Life Member

Red wrote:You guys musn't watch much of Fremantle because Hayden has had a huge year. Only guy at Freo to provide some run.
I do watch Freo, they're on Fox all the time. And Hayden has never stood out particularly. After looking at his numbers from this year, Eddie has a real point. Shaw should have been in for Hayden. I actually thought Shaw would make the final team, even though his second half wasn't as good as his first.

asiu

thought eddie did pretty well gettin' his dial on channel 7 asking for the 'drugs' drama to be sorted ......seemed like a commonsense 'for footy' approach to me

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Prodgers wrote:I guess that really shows that Collingwood have played really well as a team with all of them contributing to winning games of footy
Or that they are a mediocre team that has made the finals purely by dint of an exceedingly soft draw.

And I think my explanation is the correct one.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:
Prodgers wrote:I guess that really shows that Collingwood have played really well as a team with all of them contributing to winning games of footy
Or that they are a mediocre team that has made the finals purely by dint of an exceedingly soft draw.

The problem with that is after they had played everyone once they were 5th I think. We were 11th. Both teams had travelled 4 times by then.

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
meher baba wrote:

The problem with that is after they had played everyone once they were 5th I think. We were 11th. Both teams had travelled 4 times by then.
Whatever you say, but

(a) I never said that we weren't an even more mediocre team this year than the Pies (they beat us, after all) and

(b) Check out these results

Round 11 at the MCG : Collingwood 11.15.81 Melbourne 13.16.94
Round 17 at the MCG: Collingwood 7.14.56 Brisbane Lions 22.17.149
Round 19 at the MCG: Collingwood 14.12.96 Richmond 18.8.116.

Good teams don't consistently put in performances like these in front of their home fans.

It's astonishing that the Pies continue to pull such big crowds to their games.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

lockyer shouldnt be there - he was a large possession winner but did not really hurt the opposition

why hayden is there i will never know - he has had a good year, hardly an all-australian year though

dal santo is there because??? god only knows

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Gotta say I agree with Ev on this one.

Can only dream of having a Prez like Eddie at St.KFC.

Would be absolutely MASSIVE for us.

johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Yep and consistently as well. Keep bagging Eddie. Like some of u say, if only u had a pres who was prepared to do the same. Nough said!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:
Yep and consistently as well. Keep bagging Eddie. Like some of u say, if only u had a pres who was prepared to do the same. Nough said!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Ah, now I understand! They don't come to watch the inept rubbish served up by their footy team. They come for Eddie. (What do they think he is going to do: make them all into millionaires?) :wink:

- Jonathan Swift
Hurricane
Saintsational Legend

I dont like Eddie McGuire, I dont care what anyone says. I would kick him in the junk

I think he is a self serving, arrogant, tunnel visioned, whinging asshole.

This latest "boo hoo the AFL hates us" is another example of Eddies best move: just bitch until you get your way.

We dont hear him crying about the fixture every year do we?

BANG BANG

Mitsuharu Misawa 1962 - 2009.

I am vengeance....I am the night...I....AM.....BATMAN

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass and im all out of bubblegum
bungiton
SS Life Member

AWWWW poor Eddie, all his chins in a twist because none of his filth swine made the AA short list. Poor, poor pathetic fat sad man.

I tell you what, Heres a deal for you Eddie, drop all the players from the Saints that HAVE been included and replace them with any colloingpuss players you desire, in return, we'll take your soft draw, your lack of neccessity to travel to interstate venues and all the soft blockbuster games you are gifted every year.

And Everton, it is easy to hate McChins, I see you look up to some putty faced media squib and probably swell to breaking point with a desire to emulate, but Maguire has used conflicts of interest, media pull and whored himself to get Collingwood to it's off field position.

The man is pathetic, sure he loves his club, but promotes them at the expense of every other team, and is a hypocrite of the highest order. This man regularly whinges about other clubs receiving anything he does not seem suitable, the extra player cap for one which he went after mercilessly, whilst retaining the blockbuster games, the soft draw and lack of travel.

I couldn't give a f*** if the toyota facilty they train at fell on him tomorrow

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

oh bunghole - *SNAP*

Megarant

***** - tour de force - David Stratton At the Movies

****1/2 - If you are going to read only one Anti-Eddie rant this year, make it this one - The Age

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
bungiton
SS Life Member

some links to these articles would be nice

I am Mick Mcguano!

I'm sorry, you've gone through all the trouble to find out what this actually says and it really is quite insignificant.
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

bungiton wrote:some links to these articles would be nice

I am Mick Mcguano!
Have you taken that STKFC track suit off yet Mick?

Your fellow ex-employee of Grant Thomas Enterprises

Starch

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

Hurricane wrote:I think he is a self serving, arrogant, tunnel visioned, whinging asshole.
As president of Collingwood, he's not self serving. He's Collingwood-serving and yes, he is arrogant, tunnel visioned and a whinging asshole - all great football club presidents are.

Self-serving would be a president that sacks people so he can issue them with a writ.
We dont hear him crying about the fixture every year do we?
Why would he compain about that?

Name me one president the compains about getting a win?

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:I admire Ed because he's prepared to call a spade a spade and stand up for his players and club.
exactly.

he's not a sook like our prez after the Baker stuff up.

leads on the front foot always.

Eddie for AFL CEO!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Malthouse said on SEN (yesterday or the day before) the AA team should be picked by the 16 coaches.

Each coach would pick a team minus any player from his own club. As the people who best study the opposition they are best suited to value the players in the competition.

A;ll fair points IMO.

Can't believe I am agreeing with malthouse!

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Much as Eddie's "one rule for COllingwood another rule for everyone else" attitude annoys me, he's got a point about the AA side. Lockyer especially is very very stiff to miss out.

Also perhaps a touch hypocritical of some here to scream long and loud with numerous conspiricy theories about the AFL having it in for us..yet when another Club's Prez does it he's a tool???

If Roo had missed out and RB had a crack at the AFL, we'd be cheering him from the rooftops.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
johnpeterbudgefanclub
Club Player

Also perhaps a touch hypocritical of some here to scream long and loud with numerous conspiricy theories about the AFL having it in for us..yet when another Club's Prez does it he's a tool???
There in lays my beef with some on here. When Eddie stands up and tries to do the right thing by his club he is cut down in flames but when Butterss does the same thing it seems to be quite ok. Hmmmm.

No doubt we haven't got the best list running around but with the amount of youth on the list and calibre of recruiting personnel we now have at our disposal I think we have a "reasonable" upside and a fairly handy balance sheet and facilities wouldn't one agree???? Oh and a fair share of hotels splashed around Melbourne.....

stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:
JeffDunne wrote:I admire Ed because he's prepared to call a spade a spade and stand up for his players and club.
Amen to that. If Collingwood get a rough deal, he's the first to stand up.

To all those who bag him, eugh, f****** get a grip on reality. This man breaks his neck for Collingwood. I wish we had that kind of commitment from our playing group, board and staff.

He will never let Collingwood down and never let them off the front page.

An absolute gun. A born winner who makes things happen, instead of pretending he's an internet hero.
he your boss, everton...or just hoping that the obnoxious fat "ed gives you a job one day...ffs.....?????????

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

evertonfc wrote:s.

Riccardo, you're a notorious McGuire hater, but even you should realise it's a commendable trait that he doesn't just bend over and spread his legs apart when Demetriou comes knocking.

of course he doesn't everton....he only does that for bucks...... :wink: :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

stinger wrote:he your boss, everton...or just hoping that the obnoxious fat "ed gives you a job one day...ffs.....?????????
Pfft, not enough money in television for a free-wheeling stock market sort like myself ;)

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

JeffDunne

johnpeterbudgefanclub wrote:There in lays my beef with some on here. When Eddie stands up and tries to do the right thing by his club he is cut down in flames but when Butterss does the same thing it seems to be quite ok. Hmmmm.
When has Rod ever done that? :?