Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

ifonlybarkswashere
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:If Kosi refuses to sign and threatens to walk, then yeah, I'd do a deal for Fev.

Otherwise, whilst not a 'bad' offer, it's not what we're after.
Know where you're coming from Everton but can't agree with any talk of getting Fev. If Kosi walks... suggests that would leave a tall forward void. I think we have to move away from the whole reliance on the power forward thing. Part of the sustainable team approach by Geelong, Adelaide, Sydney (Hall actually hasn't been that good for a while now) and WCE is that their mids kick goals... ours don't because they are generationally accustomed to delivery to a power forward. I know you can throw Lynch up but even then the Lion mids kicked lots of goals. We are capable... Fiora, NSD, Monty, Ball, X... even The Maestro get within range but we either spray them, kick fifteen metre dying helicopters, kick to a power forward who is already checked by three opponents or in the worst case scenario simply turn it straight over. Mid field goal kickers is the key. Add some speed to this mix and we're back on song.

Besides, the Fev is a sook.

...bugger me age and me cranky ways
I'll send my bones to the contest again
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

If Kosi genuinely wants to go to Carlton, they don't have to give us anyone, do they?

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

meher baba wrote:If Kosi genuinely wants to go to Carlton, they don't have to give us anyone, do they?
Yes.

Richmond would have first dibs at him in the draft if we didn't trade him.

They walk amongst us...

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:
meher baba wrote:If Kosi genuinely wants to go to Carlton, they don't have to give us anyone, do they?
Yes.

True, but it is possibly to strike up a deal that Richmond are unable to match due to salary capo restrictions.

Say that Carlton has more room under the salary cap than Richmond do. Both offer him say 1.2 mil over 3 seasons. Carlton (and Kosi) could price richmond out of the market by saying that he needs 500k of that in year 1 of his contract. If carlton have that cash and tigers dont...kosi walks to carlton via the PSD and saints get nothing.

However, that is extremely unlikely to happen as IF kosi wanted out i'm sure he would try and get a good deal for the saints upon departure and not leave via the PSD.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
HSVKing wrote:
Yes.

True, but it is possibly to strike up a deal that Richmond are unable to match due to salary capo restrictions.

Say that Carlton has more room under the salary cap than Richmond do. Both offer him say 1.2 mil over 3 seasons. Carlton (and Kosi) could price richmond out of the market by saying that he needs 500k of that in year 1 of his contract. If carlton have that cash and tigers dont...kosi walks to carlton via the PSD and saints get nothing.

However, that is extremely unlikely to happen as IF kosi wanted out i'm sure he would try and get a good deal for the saints upon departure and not leave via the PSD.
Richmond can still draft him and pay him less... deals mean nothing before the draft is done, unless the other side has someone they want.

They walk amongst us...

Behind Play
Club Player

what if Barry Brooks is taught to be a FF?

Any opinions?

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Behind Play wrote:what if Barry Brooks is taught to be a FF?

Any opinions?
No

meher baba
Saintsational Legend

HSVKing wrote:
Yes.

Of course, how silly of me, I was giving the Blues a priority pick in the PSD!! :oops:

Well, in that case, we'd be better doing a swap with Fev than letting Kosi go to Richmond for nothing.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:

Any opinions?
No

Haha plugger....you prowl this forum for any sign of Brooks and shoot it down instantly.

Can I ask why you think that Brooks cant? :lol: :lol: :lol:

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:
plugger66 wrote:

Any opinions?
No

Haha plugger....you prowl this forum for any sign of Brooks and shoot it down instantly.

Can I ask why you think that Brooks cant? :lol: :lol: :lol:
One pretty simple reason. He will not be with us next year IMO. I may be wrong and if I am I hope he kicks 20 goals.

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Any opinions?
It's a bit late don't you think? If he was 2 years old i might agree with you. But he's a fully grown footballer. He's not going to be a fullforward.

Fevola is a moron but he's got talent.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Would want him he is a bloody accurate kick (something we need) but the price would be far too high to get him.
lol, this post is hilarious, because fev is actually one of the WORST, if not the worst, kick for goal out of all the full forwards

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:Would want him he is a bloody accurate kick (something we need) but the price would be far too high to get him.
lol, this post is hilarious, because fev is actually one of the WORST, if not the worst, kick for goal out of all the full forwards
This is pure crap and can be attribute to people looking at simplistic stats rather than weighted stats. The sheer amount of shots fev has from outside 50 is the reason why his overall % is so far down. Fevola is one of (if not the best) shots from outside 50 in the game. I'd back his conversion rate from outsie 50 against anyone else in the league.

I'd also be pretty confident that his conversion rate from inside 50 is not worth sneezing at either.

Which would you prefer? A guy who kicks 80% from inside 50 and 10% from outside 50? or a guy who kicks 70% from inside 50 and 50% from outside 50?

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

HSVKing wrote:Richmond can still draft him and pay him less... deals mean nothing before the draft is done, unless the other side has someone they want.
Actually from what i recall if Kosi went into the PSD he could nominate a price the club who drafts him has to pay for his services. This could be negotiated after year 1 but they would be required to pay the price he has listed for the first year.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

The_Dud wrote:
You really have no idea! I gave you the benifit of the doubt and thought most of your posts were "the devils advocate stance" but you seriously don't have a clue on anything to do with Footy doyou.

Fev is far more accurate than Roo from outside 50m where most of his shots at goal are from. He isn't like Gtrain who played predominately inside 40m he regularly makes longer leads up the ground to mark 45 to 50 m out.

Find proof that Fev is the worst kick for goal that isn't just all shots at goal but has a break down of where the kicks are from and % accuracy with comparisons to Lloyd, Roo, Jon Brown, Lucas etc.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fevola...OR SIDESHOW BOB??!!!
ImageImage

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Dan Warna wrote:fevola...OR SIDESHOW BOB??!!!
ImageImage
Fev easy you seen Sideshows feet? Couldn't kick anything with them! :wink:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

not a choice, but they are infact....THE SAME PERSON.

and its not the only springfield resident at carlton either...

ImageImage

SHUT UP KRIME!
stinger
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:It's all hypotheticals and I agree Fev isn't moving and we aren't in a position to meet demands in any case.

It's interesting the thought processes that go on though. "you've got to give something up to get something in".

Example was put to me last night, to which I answered no on both counts.

"Would you trade Riewoldt to Brisbane for Jonathan Brown, should both want to go back to their home states?"

"Would you do a straight swap - Kosi for Fevola?"

As I say, both I answered no to as a Saints man. But interesting thinking. Rip the heart out of the club in reality.
Make no mistake Fev is on the market...it just depends at what price. Of that i have no idea.

I do like the idea of a trade involving Kosi though.He could fix any number of our issues and fev would clearly fix one of yours. I dont know how feasible it is from either end and if it would need to involve picks, but i think thats as good a deal as either of us could hope for. A win-win if you will.
you gotta be joking......or you really are thick..... :roll: :roll:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
stinger
Saintsational Legend

Spinner wrote:I dont get it.

Fev has one good year and everyone starts drooling over him.

There's a reason the bloke took 6 seasons to actually start producing something of substance.

He is a wanker. And a deadset d**khead.

Obviously doesnt have ANY respect to both his club and his family.

And you turkeys still consider trading for him.

I wouldnt sign him up for free.
arrhh...spinner ...a man after my own heart...... :wink: :lol:

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.
Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

not the fev debate again :roll:

thanks, but no thanks.

i think the st.kilda f.c. has already had its fair share of big egos that have stuffed us over.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

what about whitnall? with doc clarke gone we will be missing an inanimate carbon rod for 08 unless rix can step up to the plate.

sadly rix has shown to be effective at tackling, chasing and showing endeavour, and throws himself at the footy as opposed to the supersized tripple whopper.

he would like have to lose a leg to achieve the heights of static strategic football nous that whitnall does naturally.

SHUT UP KRIME!
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Dan Warna wrote:what about whitnall? with doc clarke gone we will be missing an inanimate carbon rod for 08 unless rix can step up to the plate.

sadly rix has shown to be effective at tackling, chasing and showing endeavour, and throws himself at the footy as opposed to the supersized tripple whopper.

he would like have to lose a leg to achieve the heights of static strategic football nous that whitnall does naturally.
:lol:

Just offer to pay whitnall in buckets of chicken and he is good to go.
He may require a mid-season break to lose the weight put on by said buckets of chicken, but he'll be cherry ripe for the finals.
(Oh...You may have to throw in a few Cherry Ripes to sweeten the deal too) ;-)

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Trade him for our sixth round pick (we'd only waste it, we're hopeless with late picks).

Force him to sign an AWA which committed him to turn up to training 10 minutes before everyone else, leave 10 minutes after everyone else, and be fit for selection in at least 20 games, and shed 10kg over the pre-season.

If he fails to meet said conditions, he can be released immediately and without compensation.

Would that kind of deal be legal?

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

ImageImage

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra