Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Joey
Club Player

Fevola

I'm just a little curious to know, now that Fraser has retired if we had the chance of getting Fevola would we want him at the Saints and if so what we'd be willing to give up for him?

Thoughts?

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Would want him he is a bloody accurate kick (something we need) but the price would be far too high to get him.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

we already have two gun forwards in kosi and roo

all teams would kill to have either of those in their team

we dont need fev

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

Fev is a gun but our needs lie elsewhere. If Carlton was prepared to trade they would want a couple of 1st round picks, which means trading a quaity player elsewhere to get their pick as well as giving up pick 9.

Load up on the kids, maybe even try to trade to get another pick to really rejuventate the list.

saintm
Club Player

Is he going to be put up for trade?? I thought Brett Ratten said in his press conference when he was officially named Coach that Fev was a required player - or will it be a case of he will go if there is a deal too good to refuse?

Joey
Club Player

i dont know what the situationwith him and Carlton is, i was just curious cause i think if he had a good midfield deliverying the ball to him he'd be unstoppable. and maybe a fresh start would do him some good.

A champion is not defined by a number of wins, but by the courage shown to get up when your down
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

Why would we want to bring wanker people into the club?

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

Animal Enclosure wrote:Load up on the kids, maybe even try to trade to get another pick to really rejuventate the list.

agree. plus fev is a d*ckhead and they'd want dal santo for him. bring them through from the bottom

hotdish
Club Player

He is a great player, but a poor human being

1) Stole stuff from that dry-cleaner ages ago
2) is a constant sook on the field and didn't respect his coach
3) bad representative of his club and COUNTRY overseas, putting that bartender in a headlock
4) Cheated on his wife (has a young kid also-gee what a father)
5) Is a smart-ass

I love this team, because 99% of the blokes there want to play for the jumper - couldn't see him taking a pay cut.

NO WAY

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

If it happened, we'd accept it.....if it happened, he'd change his ways.....if it happened, he'd have no choice.....

I SMELL AN INCENTIVES CONTRACT!!!

But the saints at full power, with him.....sorry I’m gonna say it.....

2008 AFL Premiers

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Fev is not going anywhere...

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

I'd take him, but couldn't meet Carlton's asking price.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

I's swap him with Carlscum for 2 players.

Give them Spiro Kourkoumilis and Alex Marcou :)

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

evertonfc wrote:I'd take him, but couldn't meet Carlton's asking price.
Yeah they'd ask for 2 much.....and the players i know they'd go for.....we wouldn't give up.....

SENsei
Saintsational Legend

It's all hypotheticals and I agree Fev isn't moving and we aren't in a position to meet demands in any case.

It's interesting the thought processes that go on though. "you've got to give something up to get something in".

Example was put to me last night, to which I answered no on both counts.

"Would you trade Riewoldt to Brisbane for Jonathan Brown, should both want to go back to their home states?"

"Would you do a straight swap - Kosi for Fevola?"

As I say, both I answered no to as a Saints man. But interesting thinking. Rip the heart out of the club in reality.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:It's all hypotheticals and I agree Fev isn't moving and we aren't in a position to meet demands in any case.

It's interesting the thought processes that go on though. "you've got to give something up to get something in".

"Would you trade Riewoldt to Brisbane for Jonathan Brown, should both want to go back to their home states?"

As I say, both I answered no to as a Saints man. But interesting thinking. Rip the heart out of the club in reality.
Make no mistake Fev is on the market...it just depends at what price. Of that i have no idea.

I do like the idea of a trade involving Kosi though.He could fix any number of our issues and fev would clearly fix one of yours. I dont know how feasible it is from either end and if it would need to involve picks, but i think thats as good a deal as either of us could hope for. A win-win if you will.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
SENsaintsational wrote:It's all hypotheticals and I agree Fev isn't moving and we aren't in a position to meet demands in any case.

Make no mistake Fev is on the market...it just depends at what price. Of that i have no idea.

I do like the idea of a trade involving Kosi though.He could fix any number of our issues and fev would clearly fix one of yours. I dont know how feasible it is from either end and if it would need to involve picks, but i think thats as good a deal as either of us could hope for. A win-win if you will.
Sorry BabyBlues,
The fact that you wuld agree to it means it is no good for us. You offload a 'flawed' Coleman Medallist to us and get back an 'injury prone' 198cm utility who has just had his first full season of football in 5 years. The upside for Kosi appears enormous whilst the jury is till out on Fev.

I would quash that trade in a heartbeat, escept under 1 circumstance.

If Kosi came to the Club and said I am going to leave , no matter what. Then you would do a deal to get whatever you can. In this case, unless something better came up, you would do the deal with Carlscum or he would walk to Richmond for nothing.

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:

Sorry BabyBlues,
The fact that you wuld agree to it means it is no good for us. You offload a 'flawed' Coleman Medallist to us and get back an 'injury prone' 198cm utility who has just had his first full season of football in 5 years. The upside for Kosi appears enormous whilst the jury is till out on Fev.

If Kosi came to the Club and said I am going to leave , no matter what. Then you would do a deal to get whatever you can. In this case, unless something better came up, you would do the deal with Carlscum or he would walk to Richmond for nothing.
Kosi is going nowhere.....waited till Gehrig retired to free up cash room.....

He'll sign soon enough

Prodgers
Club Player

i would be looking at the rest of the side rather than the forward line... they aint gunna score squat if the ball doesnt get to these 'gun' forwards in the first place.

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

Mr Magic wrote:
TheBabyBlues wrote:

Sorry BabyBlues,

I never said i'd agree to it...was just curious about it. FWIW, i dont know why you're against it simply because i suggested it...i've got no say in what happens during trade time. :lol:

My logic is...
Fev can play...but comes with baggage.
Kosi can play...when he can get out on the park.

Both have unknowns about them. Both would fit in well with the opposition in terms of need. As i said, maybe picks would need to be exchanged to 'even it up' but i think its a good base to work with.

Of course the alternative to get fev would be to give up your first rounder and a player...but i dont see that happening.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

neither the club, nor kosi, nor the supporters would entertain any swap involving kosi for fev.

one's a great clubman with a huge heart. the other's a prima donna sook

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

If Kosi refuses to sign and threatens to walk, then yeah, I'd do a deal for Fev.

Otherwise, whilst not a 'bad' offer, it's not what we're after.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

Saints Premiers 2006 wrote:we already have two gun forwards in kosi and roo
Yes we do... but they are not Full Forwards.

Fev is a true FF... I would kill to have someone like that in our side. A player like him would flourish in a better team, and if he was playing well, his attitude would change too.

As someone else said, Carlton would ask too much for him... but if the opportunity arises... take it!

They walk amongst us...

SaintWodonga
Club Player

Another Idoit at the club? No thanks.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

I dont get it.

Fev has one good year and everyone starts drooling over him.

There's a reason the bloke took 6 seasons to actually start producing something of substance.

He is a wanker. And a deadset d**khead.

Obviously doesnt have ANY respect to both his club and his family.

And you turkeys still consider trading for him.

I wouldnt sign him up for free.