Fevola

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:This is pure crap and can be attribute to people looking at simplistic stats rather than weighted stats. The sheer amount of shots fev has from outside 50 is the reason why his overall % is so far down. Fevola is one of (if not the best) shots from outside 50 in the game. I'd back his conversion rate from outsie 50 against anyone else in the league.

I'd also be pretty confident that his conversion rate from inside 50 is not worth sneezing at either.

Which would you prefer? A guy who kicks 80% from inside 50 and 10% from outside 50? or a guy who kicks 70% from inside 50 and 50% from outside 50?
redwhite&blackblood wrote:You really have no idea! I gave you the benifit of the doubt and thought most of your posts were "the devils advocate stance" but you seriously don't have a clue on anything to do with Footy doyou.

Fev is far more accurate than Roo from outside 50m where most of his shots at goal are from. He isn't like Gtrain who played predominately inside 40m he regularly makes longer leads up the ground to mark 45 to 50 m out.

Find proof that Fev is the worst kick for goal that isn't just all shots at goal but has a break down of where the kicks are from and % accuracy with comparisons to Lloyd, Roo, Jon Brown, Lucas etc.
about halfway thru the year they had an article in the Sun, and it had the career accuracy percentages for some of the full forwards. Fev's, was 59%, Richo was close to him (not sure which way tho), Riewoldt, Gehrig, Brown, Hall, Pavlich were all in the 60% bracket, and Lloyd was close to, if not in the 70% bracket

i was suprised, but those were the stats

yes he is a good kick from outside 50, but Rocca is a better kick for goal than Fev from 60 meters out, so therefore is he a better full forward?

a goal is a goal, if he's trying to kick too many hard ones, then thats his own fault, and he shouldn't be such a selfish player

and i think highlighting the fact that he's an accurate kick from outside 50, makes his figures look alot worse, meaning his accuracy closer to goal would be less than 59%, which isn't too flash at all

All posters are equal, but some posters are more equal than others.
TheBabyBlues
Club Player

The_dud...
Just as the best kick from outside 60 doesn't make the best FF, neither does the best kick at goal.

Does it take into account the pressure he is under while taking shots at goal too? Considering where we are on the ladder and considering the lack of other forwards we have he is under more pressure than most.

Stats stats stats. You can make them prove anything. Looking at stats does not make you a good judge of a footballer though.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:The_dud...
Just as the best kick from outside 60 doesn't make the best FF, neither does the best kick at goal.

Does it take into account the pressure he is under while taking shots at goal too? Considering where we are on the ladder and considering the lack of other forwards we have he is under more pressure than most.

Stats stats stats. You can make them prove anything. Looking at stats does not make you a good judge of a footballer though.
all i said was that he wasn't an accurate kick for goal, i never said he wasn't a good Full Forward

so your accuracy isn't looking too good either....

TheBabyBlues
Club Player

The_Dud wrote:

all i said was that he wasn't an accurate kick for goal, i never said he wasn't a good Full Forward

Fair point, but if you are using accuracy to prove who is a good kick at goal then are not looking deep enough.

Brad Fisher is going at around 75% this year. He'd be at about 5% from outside 50 though. If you want simple accuracy, be my guest. If you want actual ability to convert goals....gimme fev.

The_Dud
Saintsational Legend

TheBabyBlues wrote:
The_Dud wrote:

Fair point, but if you are using accuracy to prove who is a good kick at goal then are not looking deep enough.

Brad Fisher is going at around 75% this year. He'd be at about 5% from outside 50 though. If you want simple accuracy, be my guest. If you want actual ability to convert goals....gimme fev.
fair enough, each to their own

but gimme a full forward who kicks more goals from less shots

Saints94
SS Life Member

kosi or goose and a late draft pick :idea: