Members email from Ross Lyon...

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainter_4_life
Club Player

Members email from Ross Lyon...

Just in case some of you didnt get it, this was sent out to members from Ross (or more probably the PR dept):

Thanks to our members

As St Kilda's season now comes to an end, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for believing in the Saints this year. It has been a transition year for the Club, with a new coaching panel introduced and additional personnel joining the team.

While we are obviously disappointed to have missed out on September action and the chance to play finals, our second half performance of the year was promising and resulted in the Club missing finals by only a half a game. We are also excited about the development of our rookies and first year players as the year continues.

There has been significant attention drawn on the Club's injuries this season and with our medical review progressing well, we are confident of managing this area as we head into the pre-season.

It is always a bitter-sweet occasion when players announce their retirement at the end of the year. Andrew Thompson, Fraser Gehrig and Matthew Clarke have been fantastic servants to the Club and although their contribution to the team will be missed, it does provide other players with the opportunity to establish themselves amongst the playing group and develop their careers.

The players now have some time off before resuming training in November, and before we know it, pre-season will be upon us. On behalf of the St Kilda Football Club I would like to once again thank you for your support this year and look forward to a successful 2008.

Ross Lyon
Senior Coach

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Not too sure about Matthew Clarke being a fantastic servant of the Club. :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

skeptic
Saintsational Legend

he wasn't as bad as ppl make out... played a few serviceable games

Behind Play
Club Player

Could see this coming. As always the negative crap has to come out.
The guy retired he was asked if he would give it a go and help us out, which he did, but unfortunately got injured.
Just name another ruckman which was out there we could get at the last minute.

rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

great finish to 2nd half of the yr...

foots rich carl HELLO...cut the wank & stop pyssing in my pocket

we had a pyss poor season & unless we realise that we are dreaming

not good enough & have 6 mths to do something about it

choowy
Club Player

Thanks Ross.

Thanks for saving me from lining up for finals tickets.

How you conjured us to not make the finals is dumbfounding.

Good Luck next year, can you send John Barker back to Fitzroy over tre summer, he is a waste of money.

Try to recruit players who have more than 6 months life expectancy.
________
Half-baked
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:07am, edited 1 time in total.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

choowy wrote:Thanks Ross.

Thanks for saving me from lining up for finals tickets.

How you conjured us to not make the finals is dumbfounding.

Good Luck next year, can you send John Barker back to Fitzroy over tre summer, he is a waste of money.

Try to recruit players who have more than 6 months life expectancy.
So Poochy...getting your friends and relatives to post for you now eh???;-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
linz
Club Player

He is a good coach. I only hope we can have a good administration simultaneously. (like '66)

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.
choowy
Club Player

Saint66

Please do not compare my post to poochy.

My posts are their in fact for all to see.

We spent an extra million on assistant coaches,
we gave up 2 money games in tassie.

Saint66 i know you bleed red white and black, but
can you guarantee me that our beloved football club will be around in 10 years time, we spent money for no success.

I hope Ross sticks it right up me next year.
________
Montana Marijuana Dispensary
Last edited by choowy on Tue 15 Feb 2011 2:08am, edited 1 time in total.

JeffDunne

I think someone should also point out to the author that we missed the eight by more than half a game.

saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

well, i couldnt care less what some of u think, but i think its very nice he has sent an email thanking us.
it was short and got straight to the point, unlike some other club emails that are 50 pages long and i just deleate them as soon as i read the first 5 words!
i think ross lyon is an awesome coach and this year was just his warm up year and we will all get a bloody big suprise next year! :wink:

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

geez theres some sad sacks gettin round....

“Yeah….nah””
BringBackMadDog
Club Player

I think someone should also point out to the author that we missed the eight by more than half a game.
8 ADE 22 110 48
9 STK 22 97 46

Should point out to the poster that when your wrong your wrong!!!!

JeffDunne

BringBackMadDog wrote:
8 ADE 22 110 48
9 STK 22 97 46

Should point out to the poster that when your wrong your wrong!!!!
I'm glad you acknowledge that you're wrong.

Add two points to our total and we STILL would have missed the 8. :roll:

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

concerns me that the spin is that training will begin in November, I was hoping we'd get dispensation to begin training mid-October, as early as possible.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintdooley
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:concerns me that the spin is that training will begin in November, I was hoping we'd get dispensation to begin training mid-October, as early as possible.
the boys do have lives out football, and some do have children im sure they wouldnt mind spend a week or 2 up in QLD with!

"Another storied win in Robert Harvey's career. They say he is the embodiment of their motto of strength through loyalty, and on the day he became just the tenth man to play 350 league games the saints reward him with a seemingly impossible victory."
JeffDunne

Maybe the club is forcing everyone to take all leave now so we aren't facing any future claims. :wink:

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Does anyone actually believe he wrote this?

Even if he did its utter drivvel. He should be writing a letter of apology for failing so spectactularly (and boringly) this season.

The window has firmly slammed shut, in my opinion.

Thanks alot. :roll:

Riewoldting
SS Life Member

choowy wrote:I hope Ross sticks it right up me next year.
You are of course referring to Ross Jones, your steady boyfriend?

"To be or not to be" - William Shakespeare
"To be is to do" - Immanuel Kant
"Do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
Garibaldi
Club Player

Cant say Im happy with the way things progressed through the year. Is it going to be forever this internal instabilty at St Kilda.
Believe or burn? It really was believe or bum wasn't it because we bummed out.
Im looking forward to top 4 at the end of next year but then I always do.
I think we are in for a very rough patch as we reestablish and the executive situation isnt going to help.
Would be nice to go into next season with a justifiable optimism.

boo effin hoo
saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:Does anyone actually believe he wrote this?

Even if he did its utter drivvel. He should be writing a letter of apology for failing so spectactularly (and boringly) this season.

The window has firmly slammed shut, in my opinion.

Thanks alot. :roll:
You are kidding Riccardo!!! :roll:

We had as many injuries as Melbourne in the first half of the year,had Lenny and Goose coming back from serious injuries in 06,won 7 of last 11 and narrowly missed the eight!

Was disappointing but the reasons it happened made the result satisfactory for a coach in his first year IMO..

We will be much stronger next year with A FULL preseason into Max,Goose,Lenny etcand further development of our younger players such as Gilbert and Armitage...and as for the window being shut...

Its a dirty lie and tell that to Harves :x

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

it was a dissapointing season.

even some of the games we won were unconvincing.

we bludgeoned richmond and carlton with sheer talent rather than any particular strategy.

I think we have a superbly talented list.

I have no idea what 08 will bring.

I too hope we can win a flag but I am far from convinced on 07 form.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saint patrick wrote:

We had as many injuries as Melbourne in the first half of the year,had Lenny and Goose coming back from serious injuries in 06,won 7 of last 11 and narrowly missed the eight!

Was disappointing but the reasons it happened made the result satisfactory for a coach in his first year IMO..

We will be much stronger next year with A FULL preseason into Max,Goose,Lenny etcand further development of our younger players such as Gilbert and Armitage...and as for the window being shut...

Does it sound like I'm joking?

I am not pleased with the result and several teams have gone past us in the last 2 years, particularly Geelong, Hawks, North this year.

We have lost our full forward, our ruck division is more bare than a Playboy centrefold and our important players are a year older, especially important in the case of old heads like Max and Harvs, and our second tier is arguably much weaker with players like Jones, McQualter, etc not looking the grade at all.

Plus, the game style we play is boring, negative and unsuitable. This is the first year since '03 we have failed to win a game by 100 + and the first time since '01 our GWM was less than 60 points. Our average winning margin was less than 4 goals.

Add to that the TWO imminent board challenges and screwing up on a new training facility and we are now further behind the 8 ball that I thought possible at this stage.

If you don't think that is cause for concern, I don't know what is. It will be at least 2-3 years before we can challenge for the Flag again.

saint patrick
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:
saint patrick wrote:

Does it sound like I'm joking?

I am not pleased with the result and several teams have gone past us in the last 2 years, particularly Geelong, Hawks, North this year.

We have lost our full forward, our ruck division is more bare than a Playboy centrefold and our important players are a year older, especially important in the case of old heads like Max and Harvs, and our second tier is arguably much weaker with players like Jones, McQualter, etc not looking the grade at all.

Plus, the game style we play is boring, negative and unsuitable. This is the first year since '03 we have failed to win a game by 100 + and the first time since '01 our GWM was less than 60 points. Our average winning margin was less than 4 goals.

Add to that the TWO imminent board challenges and screwing up on a new training facility and we are now further behind the 8 ball that I thought possible at this stage.

If you don't think that is cause for concern, I don't know what is. It will be at least 2-3 years before we can challenge for the Flag again.
No you don't sound like your joking...just disappointed and frustrated like the rest of us....I understand your concerns Ric..wouldn't agrgue with any of them...just don't share your pessimism and think there were mitigating circumstances this year...very confident that with a full list back on deck , preseasons into some key players,tweaking of the list and some young guns stepping up that things can turn around quickly..

And despite thelack of confidence in some quarters..I think Ross is the man longterm...only have to listen to how the players talk about him

Don't give up on us yet mate :wink:

Never take a backward step even to gain momentum.....

'It's OK to have the capabilities and abilities, but you've got to get it done." Terry Daniher 05

"We have beauty in our captain and we have a true leader in our coach. Our time will come"
Thinline.Post 09 Grand final.