G-Train in Court

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

killa_gram
Club Player

G-Train in Court

Feel sorry for big G in court today over that fight. Basically he is running the line of saying he was trying to break it up. What I hate is the so called "victims" who are suing for pain and distress yet it was them who went running to the media with the story the next day. Must have made a quick recovery to go running to the media. :roll:

Innocent until proven guilty!

I'm Baaaaaaaaack!!!!!!
The Peanut
Club Player

Yeah - its all about trying to rip some money off these guys and nothing about fairness. Fraser has lost his bid of unlawful assault. The 'Judge' (?) said that Fraser did not initiate any violence but did push a woman away and should have just walked away.

B W and R all over
SS Hall of Fame

The real story should have been on that nameless moron who threw a billiard ball full pelt into the crowd.

Could have literally killed someone, but everyone focuses on the fact Gehrig pushed someone.

25 minutes to make a name for yourself like you've never made before.
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Re: G-Train in Court

killa_gram wrote:Feel sorry for big G in court today over that fight. Basically he is running the line of saying he was trying to break it up.
Oh dear, is he admitting that he initiated contact and that there was a bad outcome? Then he's history!!!

(Wait a minute, it's ok, it's a court we are dealing with here, not the AFL tribunal. He should be ok.)

P.S. Did anyone watch Four Corners last night, about teenagers in the US sentenced to life imprisonment without parole?

One of them - a guy who was trying to con another guy into giving him money for a gun which he then intended to pocket without handing the gun over, and the ensuing struggle resulted in the gun going off and killing the would-be purchaser - was convicted under an ancient statute called "felony murder". This statute, which all countries bar the US seems to have repealed sometime back before the invention of the motor car, is based on the idea that - if you are attempting to commit a serious crime such as a theft or fraud - and it results in someone being killed accidentally, you are still capable of being tried for murder and not simply manslaughter.

It strongly reminded me of the AFL concept of "rough conduct": that is, an illegal move which results, even accidentally, in a head or neck injury, is treated the same as an intended hit.

On reflection, it's surprising that Baker wasn't given life without parole.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
strauchanie
Club Player

incredible. Judge decides that Fraser has a case to answer, but those teenagers who made the Werribee sex assault dvd get off without jail time :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think i'd prefer it if the tribunal decided Gehrig's fate

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

strauchanie wrote:incredible. Judge decides that Fraser has a case to answer, but those teenagers who made the Werribee sex assault dvd get off without jail time :roll: :roll: :roll:

I think i'd prefer it if the tribunal decided Gehrig's fate
Well at least he was in the company of interstate players and there is a video - so he'd most likely get off!

strauchanie
Club Player

about to be on ch10