Another issue for the FF

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Another issue for the FF

Given Loewe, dean rice, lockett, heatley, FG, Bazza Hall, Reiwoldt, Kosi are among the lucky buggers who have had to just lead out and receive the footy lace up on their chest...who will be the lucky bugger in 08?

surely it must add 1 goal a week to your average to play in front of harvey :wink:

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I believe that this is a bigger issue than our fitness, half of the kicks to Roo this season were shockers, he was consistently having to run 50+ meters to get a mark, unbelievable, If we could have Dal doing more outside recieving and less in and under type things I believe we will be better, I would like to see our in and under type players next year be Lenny, Ball, Birss and our outside recievers be Dal, Harvey and Montagna, now ofcourse they must do both but I would rather that the three mentioned were the ones kicking into the 50...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
St Chris
SS Hall of Fame

It was a really obvious tactic early in the season to drop the ball on Roo's head. Everytime he got a worm burner, he would point in the air, wanting it in high, so he could beat his opponent in the air.

This was a poor tactic, because Roo would find himself at a standing start, and was getting pushed off the ball too easily.

It wasn't the midfielders having poor skills, but just them following their instructions from the key forward.