Steve Bedwell Part of New Ticket.....

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

JeffDunne

Mr Magic wrote:BTW, I will ignore your insults in the hope I can actually get you to debate the issues.
Oh please.

I am more than happy to debate the issues. I've been trying to do that for months only to have every thread on the issue de-railed because of people more intent on personal slanging matches than those issues (the other thread & your input a classic example).

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:BTW, I will ignore your insults in the hope I can actually get you to debate the issues.
Oh please.

I am more than happy to debate the issues. I've been trying to do that for months only to have every thread on the issue de-railed because of people more intent on personal slanging matches than those issues (the other thread & your input a classic example).
So debate the issue and answer the question.

vacuous space
SS Life Member

Mr Magic wrote:I'm pretty sure (my opinion only) that Teflon is responding to that thread with the news, also delivered by Caro and Hutchy that Bedwell is part of that challenge.
That's a bit much. Caro hardly reported that Bedwell was part of the challenge. Hutchy sprung it on her, and she appeared to be as surprised as anybody. Hutchy appeared to be attacking Caro for saying Butterss should go. He pointed to the $1M profits and said that RB had a clear plan forward for the St. Kilda football club. He stated that he thought Butterss should stay. He wasn't just reporting, he was editorialising, and he was coming down on the pro-Butterss side. It's no surprise that within minutes the pro-Butterss lemmings were straight on here claiming a dubious victory.

Who was Hutchy's source on this one?

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:
Mr Magic wrote:I'm pretty sure (my opinion only) that Teflon is responding to that thread with the news, also delivered by Caro and Hutchy that Bedwell is part of that challenge.
That's a bit much. Caro hardly reported that Bedwell was part of the challenge. Hutchy sprung it on her, and she appeared to be as surprised as anybody. Hutchy appeared to be attacking Caro for saying Butterss should go. He pointed to the $1M profits and said that RB had a clear plan forward for the St. Kilda football club. He stated that he thought Butterss should stay. He wasn't just reporting, he was editorialising, and he was coming down on the pro-Butterss side. It's no surprise that within minutes the pro-Butterss lemmings were straight on here claiming a dubious victory.

I seem to recall that Caro also confirmed that she had heard the Bedwell is part of the challenge, but yes, it was Hutchy who raised the story.

As to who is Hutchy's source, I have absolutely no idea. Do you?

BTW, you don't need to be pro RB to be anti Bedwell.

Beej
Saintsational Legend

At this point I'd be keen on Kim Jong Il taking over if he showed any interest.

Without finals football I feel so totawwy wonery. :cry:

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:

Not sure from your post what lemming group your on.....Im tipping your not sure also but at least get your facts right - Caro also acknowledged that Steve Bedbreath was part of the "super challenge" that JD would have us all support.......but lets not get the truth out now will we...

“Yeah….nah””
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

If someone highly credible such as Greg Westaway was involved as leading the alternative, along with Nathan Burke, another successful businessman, and another credible former player, would Bedwell's presence be such an issue?

The alternative ticket has nothing to do with Grant Thomas .... it is not part of such retrograde ploy to seek revenge for his sacking or have him reinstated around the club.

The alternative ticket is primarily concerned with a significant number of important issues which I have outlined before.

They have to do with our under-resourced football department, our declining
membership, our yet to be delivered elite training facility, our publicly embarrassing President and his activities, the club's mishandling of the Baker issue, the withdrawal of key sponsorship, and the confused and mixed messages that come from the board.

If Butterss addresses these concerns ^^ then he will have my support, but at this stage I can't see that happening.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:If someone highly credible such as Greg Westaway was involved as leading the alternative, along with Nathan Burke, another successful businessman, and another credible former player, would Bedwell's presence be such an issue?

The alternative ticket has nothing to do with Grant Thomas .... it is not part of such retrograde ploy to seek revenge for his sacking or have him reinstated around the club.

The alternative ticket is primarily concerned with a significant number of important issues which I have outlined before.

They have to do with our under-resourced football department, our declining
membership, our yet to be delivered elite training facility, our publicly embarrassing President and his activities, the club's mishandling of the Baker issue, the withdrawal of key sponsorship, and the confused and mixed messages that come from the board.

If Butterss addresses these concerns ^^ then he will have my support, but at this stage I can't see that happening.
Steve Bedwell gets anywhere near our Board and we are a laughing stock - NO Board member should or can be carried with such an obvious lack of genuine business nous.

Bedlam ended his "Board career" on radio this year when he ingeniously suggested it was better for him if we lose games.... :roll:

Can not believe - regardless if he sits next to Nathan Burke (great player...but as a buisness man what exactly is he bringing btw?) that anyone in their right mind would even contemplate suggesting that we could somehow "put up with" Steve Bedlam. Thats not what its about IMO thats more of the same from St Kilda ..making excuses, accepting less than the best and getting the same in results.

Have we learnt nothing?

“Yeah….nah””
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

mmm a fair few on this forum were calling for us to tank as well as i recall...

many were writing the season off early too as I recall...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:mmm a fair few on this forum were calling for us to tank as well as i recall...

yes and they were all running for the Board....I recall?

You ever post anything moderately relevant to topic???

or do you just not understand the topic??

“Yeah….nah””
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:Nathan Burke (great player...but as a buisness man what exactly is he bringing btw?)
Two years as a media and corporate leadership consultant. Plus involvement in property development too.

You need more than businessmen on your board ... you need football intelligence and experience too ...

What football experience does the current St Kilda board have on it?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Cut the personal jibes folks - this thread got dangerously close to the chop on page one.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:mmm a fair few on this forum were calling for us to tank as well as i recall...

no I am just pointing to the fact you are denigrating Bedwell for an issue taht SOME poster of whom I AM SURE YOU REMEMBER echoed the sentiments of tanking.

Or do you not understand my post?

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Dan Warna wrote:
Teflon wrote:

no I am just pointing to the fact you are denigrating Bedwell for an issue taht SOME poster of whom I AM SURE YOU REMEMBER echoed the sentiments of tanking.

Or do you not understand my post?
If you cant understand the difference between all us "experts" on an internet forum calling for tanking Vs a twit who puts his hand up to be on our Board publicly calling for it your a bigger knob than I had you down for.....thats a big knob already btw...

“Yeah….nah””
Teflon
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:
Teflon wrote:Nathan Burke (great player...but as a buisness man what exactly is he bringing btw?)
Two years as a media and corporate leadership consultant. Plus involvement in property development too.

You need more than businessmen on your board ... you need football intelligence and experience too ...

What football experience does the current St Kilda board have on it?
2 property consultant? (thats everyones second occupation these days...) and worked in the media?

Im not doubting we need football people on the Board but it dont paint Burke to me as a demonstrated 'savvy' businesman on the back of 2 yrs....

“Yeah….nah””
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If someone highly credible such as Greg Westaway was involved as leading the alternative, along with Nathan Burke, another successful businessman, and another credible former player, would Bedwell's presence be such an issue?
Yes it would be...a Board is too small a team to have a weak link...particularly one that weak...and more so one hell bent on BUILDING his own profile.

There is no room on the Board for someone merely "warming" a seat.

Most Board members should quite rightly be invisible...except for the President as required.
Last edited by saintsRrising on Wed 05 Sep 2007 10:54pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

Our club is already a joke.

The current board made sure of that.

bigred
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:Our club is already a joke.

The current board made sure of that.
Be one hell of a lot worse if Bedwell gets involved.

I dont know much about it atm, but if Steve Bedwell gets onto our board, I will not support the club throughout his time. At all.

"Now the ball is loose, it gives St. Kilda a rough chance. Black. Good handpass. Voss. Schwarze now, the defender, can run and from a long way".....
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:Hutchy sprung it on her, and she appeared to be as surprised as anybody.
Please don't write stuff like this: I have a very strong visual imagination.

Just imagine what the children would be like.................. :wink:
Last edited by meher baba on Thu 06 Sep 2007 7:50am, edited 1 time in total.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:We have a string Board
Sorry, Teffers, but as the old joke goes....

"frayed knot"

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
Joffa Burns
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:If someone highly credible such as Greg Westaway was involved as leading the alternative, along with Nathan Burke, another successful businessman, and another credible former player, would Bedwell's presence be such an issue?
Out of interest OWTS why do you give such credibility to Greg?

What impresses you?
His dealings with his sub-contracted drivers for example?

On Burkey, has Nathan Burke actually stated he will be part of any ticket?
One would think he'd be thrown in for the credibility factor to lure saints members, what else does he offer?

Bedwell, well he is a real saints fan and a nice sort of a bloke, but I don't want him on the Board of the StKFC.

I really look forward to seeing the alternative ticket(s) as I think we need aviable alternative for the Butterss administration. To see the end of Butterss and casey will serve StKilda well IMO.

FWIW I'd be grabbing hold of Ross Levine if I were an alternative ticket as the PWC man is a great acquisition to the Board.

Proudly assuming the title of forum Oracle and serving as the inaugural Saintsational ‘weak as piss brigade’ President.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:

FWIW I'd be grabbing hold of Ross Levine if I were an alternative ticket as the PWC man is a great acquisition to the Board.
This is about the most sensible thing posted in this string......................

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Teflon wrote:
St. Luke wrote:I highly doubt Thomas would have much to do with any of this. Personally, for all Butterss has done for the club, I think something needs to change...or at least be given a good scare!

ps: Bedwell on the other hand...uuurgh :?
you dont change just so you can say "we made change".

We have a string Board - Butters HAS done a lot of good thinbgs for this club with a lot of sniping behind the scenes at him and the Board along the way.

IF a challenge is to be made to the Board then fair enough - but do it on the back of some GENUINE business acumen and a plan to address the so-called failures of the current Board NOT on the back of a retired club great and a half @ssed comedian who was off his tits at a club function in recent years dribbling words and who couldnt hold a gig down on breakfast radio FFS!

IF no serious alternative can be put up - then turkeys like Bedlam should disappear for the betterment of our club.
Yeah, I agree with what you're saying. I certainly don't want Bedwell to be any part of this ticket either. I don't have a problem with Butterss as a whole, but he needs to clean up his act IMO, particularly in his handling of some recent issues.

It's undeniable as to how good Rod has been in regards to turning the fortunes of the club around but I think there are some underlying issues that need to be addressed before he settles in again JMHO

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
Out of interest OWTS why do you give such credibility to Greg?

What impresses you?
His dealings with his sub-contracted drivers for example?

On Burkey, has Nathan Burke actually stated he will be part of any ticket?
One would think he'd be thrown in for the credibility factor to lure saints members, what else does he offer?

Bedwell, well he is a real saints fan and a nice sort of a bloke, but I don't want him on the Board of the StKFC.

I really look forward to seeing the alternative ticket(s) as I think we need aviable alternative for the Butterss administration. To see the end of Butterss and casey will serve StKilda well IMO.

An uncle of mine had dealings in a business capacity with Westaway ... he was very impressed with him and reckons he is pretty switched on.

So I'm not really basing it on anything except a second-hand report ... he may be a complete goose and a ruthless bastard for all I know, but from the little I have heard he seems okay.

Burke would add credibility ... you would struggle to find a more loyal Sainter. He would also add football understanding to the board ... something we lack a lot of currently ... you need an ex-player, can't have all businessmen.

I too would back Levine if he was part of the alternative ticket.

Mr Magic
Saintsational Legend

Joffa Burns wrote:
I too would back Levine if he was part of the alternative ticket.
Why?
What has he done that is so good?

Seriously I don't know what he has actually done at the Club?

Nor for that matter what any of the Board has done specifically.