Heard a bit from GT on SEN

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Heard a bit from GT on SEN

1. smashed his lap top when collingwood won.

2. said the saints core of players will be harder on themselves than any coaching staff or press.

3. said he had no idea about the challenge to the board except scuttlebut around the office.

4. indicated caro wilson is stirring the pot a bit to see what happens (she says nothing definitive).

5. no one from the 'challenge' has approached him at all.

6. he didn't apply for any of the coaching jobs although he was sounded out on a casual basis.

interesting comments, what to believe and not to believe is up for contention. lol'd about the lap top, interestingly he doesn't rate or respect carolyn wilson, probably thinks she has a hatchet for the saints.

if there is a challenge, in all likelyhood RL will be coach next year and GT will have no part at st kilda (i mean if they were going to offer him a job, they'd have sounded him out, and given his big mouth he would have probably given a clue or 10)

Given Burke and GT have said nothing, is it Caro spanking the monkey? will we see a half assed challenge from mongos or is there something real, with money, expertise and saints people REALLY looking for challenge or is she fishing. (ie. hutcho coming out and saying st kilda won't be challenging in the court, FFS anyone with 1/2 a brain could have said that, and if they did challenge making a story up afterwards would be easy to do).

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
saintm
Club Player

Re: Heard a bit from GT on SEN

Dan Warna wrote:1. smashed his lap top when collingwood won.
No matter how much you would like the result to change Dan, it's just not going to happen!! :)

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

saintm wrote:
No matter how much you would like the result to change Dan, it's just not going to happen!! :)
yeah was talking to someone else and I think he piffed in the pool? I forget the chat on the radio.

SHUT UP KRIME!
JeffDunne

Heard the same Dan, but why bother posting it?

Those that think GT is the devil reincarnated won't believe a word he says but will take Caro's word as gospel.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote:Heard the same Dan, but why bother posting it?

Those that think GT is the devil reincarnated won't believe a word he says but will take Caro's word as gospel.
interestingly she called out Nathan Burke, who is a club champion and some one who is HIGHLY regarded in saints circles.

probably behind maybe Doc and Harvey as amongst our most revered ex players.

to what purpose? if there is a legitimate challenge burke wouldn't get involved unless he firmly believed it was driving in a better direction than RB.

Caro is a muchraker, as I've mentioned before Pagan and sheedy schooled her this year on the radio, now both gone, but I'd rate both far and away ahead of caro in football knowledge.

SHUT UP KRIME!
meher baba
Saintsational Legend

3. said he had no idea about the challenge to the board except scuttlebut around the office.
Personally, I'm glad to hear that GT still has an office to go to somewhere. I assumed he might soon be heading for that same legendary dumpster that we have heard about on so many other threads (no names, no pack drill). :wink:

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of a thing he was never reasoned into."
- Jonathan Swift
JeffDunne

Dan Warna wrote:

interestingly she called out Nathan Burke, who is a club champion and some one who is HIGHLY regarded in saints circles.

probably behind maybe Doc and Harvey as amongst our most revered ex players.

to what purpose? if there is a legitimate challenge burke wouldn't get involved unless he firmly believed it was driving in a better direction than RB.

Caro is a muchraker, as I've mentioned before Pagan and sheedy schooled her this year on the radio, now both gone, but I'd rate both far and away ahead of caro in football knowledge.
Don't worry Dan, if Burkie is part of any challenge he will painted to be anti-St Kilda like everyone else that dares challenge our President.

When I posted his comments post Rod's outburt on SEN earlier this year, I was staggered by some of the comments so-called St Kilda supporters posted about him.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

JeffDunne wrote: Don't worry Dan, if Burkie is part of any challenge he will painted to be anti-St Kilda like everyone else that dares challenge our President.
Oh come now JD, regardless of what you think of Rb, even you would have to admit that for Butters to do that would be suicide as far as the Presidency goes.

Nobody with an ounce of intelligence from a St.Kilda perspective would ever see Burke as anti St.Kilda.

Actually i dont even think Butters arch protagonist, Gt is anti St.Kilda, just pro GT thats all :wink:

Please give the masses a bit of credit Jeff. Nobody would fall for a "Nathan Burke is anti-St.Kilda " campaign.

Lets see what the ticket has and what its plans are. I believe any ticket would be pro-St.kilda just as the current board is pro-St.kilda, just the way forward my be different.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

I'd like to stake a wager that L.Fox will make his large presence felt over this post season. Most probably in the form of one of his sons being the figurehead.

I'm 50/50 with RB, has done very well but shoots his mouth off too often & St.Kilda still gets stiffed by city hall too often. Fox has enough power & bravado to stand up to Fonzie & Potsy.

kaos theory
Club Player

I'd like to stake a wager that L.Fox will make his large presence felt over this post season. Most probably in the form of one of his sons being the figurehead.

I'm 50/50 with RB, has done very well but shoots his mouth off too often & St.Kilda still gets stiffed by city hall too often. Fox has enough power & bravado to stand up to Fonzie & Potsy.
Oh NO!.... He tried to sell us off the carlscum when we were down. Don't want him running our club, he is too close to carlton....

Doubt its Fox anyway...

JeffDunne

joffaboy wrote:Nobody with an ounce of intelligence from a St.Kilda perspective would ever see Burke as anti St.Kilda.
I'd like to think so.
Please give the masses a bit of credit Jeff. Nobody would fall for a "Nathan Burke is anti-St.Kilda " campaign.
I would hope so but the campaign has already started.

FWIW, the masses rarely vote on such matters.

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

fox is funny

he rarely backs a loser (GT could be one?)

he also goes for the kill

he also would have no hesitation in cheating or crushing an opponent, using his people harshly and he would reward success.

I can see fox leading us to a premiership, I can also see fox destroying the fabric of the club.

he's a hard man but he doesn't back losers.

SHUT UP KRIME!
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Don't associate Nathan Burke and any potential candidacy for the board with Grant Thomas ... they don't hate each other, but aren't on the best terms either, and certainly Burke would not be involved in any alternative purely with the purpose of assisting GT.

That's just my opinon.

:wink:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
ausfatcat
Saintsational Legend

fox is a great saints person but not a president in waiting he's been there and done that.... If people remember the 80's that was Fox.

but kaos does bring up a point when butters came in the alternative was a ticket headed by fox's son and a agreement was made to have him on the board (left after a year) So that is definantly a possiblity.

riccardo
Saintsational Legend

kaos theory wrote:

Oh NO!.... He tried to sell us off the carlscum when we were down. Don't want him running our club, he is too close to carlton....

Doubt its Fox anyway...
Thats crap, if it wasn't for Fox stepping in as President in the 80's there wouldn't even be a St Kilda Football Club.

Never heard he tried to sell us to the Blues, state your source, please.

Shaggy
Club Player

riccardo wrote:
kaos theory wrote:

Doubt its Fox anyway...
Thats crap, if it wasn't for Fox stepping in as President in the 80's there wouldn't even be a St Kilda Football Club.

Never heard he tried to sell us to the Blues, state your source, please.
Fox did explore the Carlton option. But you are quite right. Fox saved our club and we only exist today because of him. He made the Scheme possible because of his pull with the banks. Since RB just cost him control of a listed company I suspect RB will be on Fox's hit list.

barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

You can tell him to relax, Adelaide won, so all that was for nothing

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:

You can tell him to relax, Adelaide won, so all that was for nothing
that was supposed to be lost lol.

but I didn't go back and change it :D

SHUT UP KRIME!
barks4eva
Saintsational Legend

Fox wanted us merged with carlton, so if he's got anything to do with it, then they should **** off now

DO THE MATHS AND THE SQUARES ARE ALL ROOTED.
SENsei
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Don't associate Nathan Burke and any potential candidacy for the board with Grant Thomas ... they don't hate each other, but aren't on the best terms either, and certainly Burke would not be involved in any alternative purely with the purpose of assisting GT.

That's just my opinon.

Quite correct.

Poster formerly known as SENsaintsational. More wisdom. More knowledge. Less name.
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

barks4eva wrote:Fox wanted us merged with carlton, so if he's got anything to do with it, then they should **** off now
hypothetically fox + burke?

again anything caro says has to be treated with teh same value as a john howard core promise...

SHUT UP KRIME!
Behind Play
Club Player

SENsaintsational wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:Don't associate Nathan Burke and any potential candidacy for the board with Grant Thomas ... they don't hate each other, but aren't on the best terms either, and certainly Burke would not be involved in any alternative purely with the purpose of assisting GT.

That's just my opinon.

Quite correct.
Spot on SEN

IMO we really do not want FOX back runnig our club. He has had his chance, and we nearly weren't around any more.
However, haveing said that I do believe we need a change at board level, maybe if RB goes, GT will keep his comments to himself.

stinger
Saintsational Legend

well...i didn't hear it ...and was interested in the post...as are others, i presume jd.....you are being a bit hard there.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.