Thank you, Fraser

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Milan Faletic
Saintsational Legend

Thank you, Fraser

I know that I am starting a new thread so sorry for that but I just wanted to personally thank Fraser Gehrig.

You put bums on seats, mate. The game will miss your presence and your ability to do it all. I'm sure that your injuries hampered you severely this year and other players may not have even played games that you did. To be so close to winning the Coleman medal in one of the lowest scoring teams in the competition is a credit to you.

I am personally shattered that you have chosen to leave the game but I am sure it is the best thing for you.

Good luck and enjoy the freedom.

Milan

The Peanut
Club Player

Re: Thank you, Fraser

Milan Faletic wrote:I know that I am starting a new thread so sorry for that but I just wanted to personally thank Fraser Gehrig.

You put bums on seats, mate. The game will miss your presence and your ability to do it all. I'm sure that your injuries hampered you severely this year and other players may not have even played games that you did. To be so close to winning the Coleman medal in one of the lowest scoring teams in the competition is a credit to you.

I am personally shattered that you have chosen to leave the game but I am sure it is the best thing for you.

Good luck and enjoy the freedom.

Milan
Here Here

I loved the G-Train - always a laugh, often a match winner - incredibly exciting and a great game day entertainer. He would always a drag a key defender or two around even when he wasn't on song or injured. And when he was on song, words can't descide the feelings . . .

Both the Train and Thomo will provide many great memories for us all - Thanks guys and have a great life post footy.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

Supporting the Saints is a frustrating, crazy, brilliant, hilarious, roller coaster ride, and the whole thing was encapsulated in the G-Train.

Thanks for everything Fraser.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

He pretty much summed up aspects of his career with his gesture after the siren. He's achieved a terrific reputation for his generosity with fans.

His brain snaps, tummy taps, games without stats are all part of the enigma. And those days when he was on song made him a terrific servant for the club.

Must have taken every ounce of self-control not to play on and run onto his left with that last kick!

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

football has lost a comic genius and a major talent a couple of seasons earlier than it might have.

i suppose he knows what he's doing but the club should do everything to ensure that this is what fraser really wants

carn_sainter
Club Player

This is the hardest player retirement to take for a while...probably since Loewe

Burkey was bad too, but this one hurts more because Frase is still a very good player

Will miss him incredibly

The most endearing quirks, the most captivating presence the comp has had for a long time, i reckon

Genuine champ, massive heart, endless ticker

Would love to see him still following the Sainters for life