Our Next Full Forward

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

I would think that Rooy has the makings of a champion FF. His leading is the best in the comp. Strong overhead but doesnt take pack marks but FF do not need to do that. Look at all the great ones. Good on the lead. Kosi is more likely to take a pack mark but isnt very good on the lead that is why I think Rooy would be better. The question is can we afford to play him there.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:Strong overhead but doesnt take pack marks but FF do not need to do that
lockett didn't take pack marks? gimme a break. it's the difference between being able to cope with the flood or not imo.

sure roo would make a gun full-forward. so would kosi.

would kosi make a great chf? probably not. not mobile enough ... where as roo is.

horses for courses

plugger66
Saintsational Legend

bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:IStrong overhead but doesnt take pack marks but FF do not need to do that
lockett didn't take pack marks? gimme a break. it's the difference between being able to cope with the flood or not imo.

would kosi make a great chf? probably not. not mobile enough ... wheras roo is.

horses for courses
Plugger would have kicked 90% of his goals on a lead. Loewe took pack marks but it wasnt pluggers biggest strength. Lloyd, Fev, Dunstall, Beasley they go on and on. None great pack marks but great on a lead. If Kosi isnt mobile enough for CHF he wont be mobile enough at FF.

bigcarl
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote: Plugger would have kicked 90% of his goals on a lead. Loewe took pack marks but it wasnt pluggers biggest strength. Lloyd, Fev, Dunstall, Beasley they go on and on. None great pack marks but great on a lead. If Kosi isnt mobile enough for CHF he wont be mobile enough at FF.
i saw most of pluggers goals first hand. he was good on the lead, true, but what put him above all the aforementioned was his ability to take contested marks. if it came to a one on one ... or even a two on one contest ... you could just about write it down.

Cam1lla
Club Player

I think Kosi

Teflon
Saintsational Legend

plugger66 wrote:
bigcarl wrote:
plugger66 wrote:IStrong overhead but doesnt take pack marks but FF do not need to do that

would kosi make a great chf? probably not. not mobile enough ... wheras roo is.

horses for courses
Plugger would have kicked 90% of his goals on a lead. Loewe took pack marks but it wasnt pluggers biggest strength. Lloyd, Fev, Dunstall, Beasley they go on and on. None great pack marks but great on a lead. If Kosi isnt mobile enough for CHF he wont be mobile enough at FF.
I agree with Carl.

Kosi is plenty mobile enough at FF.....he doesnt have the engine to also do the wing/hf transitional CHF work that a Riewoldt can do.

I honestly think Kosi is not only the best fit there (despite Grant telling us all he was the 3rd best ruckman in the league.....err.....no Grant he aint...) BUT I also think its his time. By that I mean Kos IMO has not effectively used by the club (yes hes had injuries) BUT hes also never really had a home and been allowed to settle. We need another rucking option desperately but regardless Id play Kosi out of the goal square with the occasional stint in the ruck BUT his no.1 spot is as a FF...to me hes always been that....just never had a chance with Gehrig there to show it.

“Yeah….nah””