An end of an era

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

An end of an era

After Fraser slotted that goal with his final kick, I found it really hard to hold it together emotionally.

Sure it was a happy ending (to a degree), but Fraser could and should have been a member of at least one premiership winning team.

It just seems so tragic that these kind of quality players can't be a part of the ultimate.
Mind you, the St.Kilda FC's history is laden with one tragedy after another... so what's new?

And Ross Lyon not having Thommo on the ground in the last quater was a little rough, imo :?

Regardless, we'll always have a spot in our hearts for these two great servants of the club.

Curb your enthusiasm - you’re a St.Kilda supporter!!
Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Sainternist wrote:
After Fraser slotted that goal with his final kick, I found it really hard to hold it together emotionally.

Must admit I felt the same. Was expecting Thommo to finish up, but Fraze's retirement came as a bit of a shock. Loved the way the big fella went about it, one of the last true personalitys of an increasingly robotic game

Saints-06-Premiers
Club Player

Yeh I was a bit shocked. When the announcer said it at the end, I didn't really believe it, but then when he gave his jumper away I realised. We all knew it was Thommo's last game when he lead the team onto the ground.

I'm not sure how many at the game knew it was Fraser's last.

Too lazy to update my username