CLinton Jones- is he good enough?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Russman
Club Player

I think you have to give him another year before we can judge him properly. I would persevere with him and cut him if he doesn't show anything next season. Even though he is 23 it was his first season and he did cop a nasty collarbone injury.

Do , or Do not , There is no try.
Bono
Club Player

He is not good enough to be an AFL player. I dont care how many Sandover medals he has won. Ample opportunities today to prove he can kick, but he cant.

mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:Do we know his background in terms of when he started playing the game when he started to be serious about footy? Would be interesting just looks to me like a kid who took the game up late in his teen age years and is still learning the game he may be older in age but experience he might not be as experienced as other his age.
Don't know about his junior career, but he's been playing senior footy in the WAFL for at least few years. If Martin Clarke can learn to kick a footy like he does in 6 months, then 5 years should be enough for Jones.
I dont care how many Sandover medals he has won
That's good, because he hasn't won any.

evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:
redwhite&blackblood wrote:Do we know his background in terms of when he started playing the game when he started to be serious about footy? Would be interesting just looks to me like a kid who took the game up late in his teen age years and is still learning the game he may be older in age but experience he might not be as experienced as other his age.
Don't know about his junior career, but he's been playing senior footy in the WAFL for at least few years. If Martin Clarke can learn to kick a footy like he does in 6 months, then 5 years should be enough for Jones.
I dont care how many Sandover medals he has won
That's good, because he hasn't won any.
Great post.

Clinton Jones isn't going to get any better at his age, I'm afraid.

It's not like we're developing a bloke out of the jungle, here. He probably would have been breaking his neck to get drafted as a 17-year old in 2001.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

Prodgers
Club Player

hmmm one of the few players that im actually not that impressed by... just seems to be lacking the whole skill thing... the way he played today he did look under a lot of pressure (mind pressure) and seemed a little desperate to try and prove himself to be good.

I dunno about what to do with him... maybe give him another season, at least he has a go unlike some...

brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Clinton Jones.