Who wont we see again

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

1989 saint
Club Player

Who wont we see again

which players will we not again see wear the st Kilda gurnsey (other than retirememnts)

my first couple,

Ferguson

Gwilt

Should have won the premiership in '04, '05, went nowhere in '06, wasted '07, wish for a win in '08

FOX FOOTY ---- LEST WE FORGET CHANNEL 506
Saints Premiers 2008
Saintsational Legend

gwlilt wil stay

fergo could get a decent career in a terrible team

no more mcqualter

no more brooks

obviusly no more g and thommo

and m clarke

thats a fair turn over already

"It's a work in progress," Lyon said.
st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

mini is contracted for next year

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

From today, we shouldn't see Gehrig, Thompson and Jones again, while one of Ferguson and Gwilt have to go.

Gilbert The Great
Club Player

got a feeling Gwilt might stay, because Lyon likes him.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

gwilt is also contracted

goodbye brooks , raymond, doc , g , thommo , sweeny? voss?

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
Goody
Club Player

I know Brooks looks useless, but from today we dont have a monster forward. I still think you need one, just to keep the opposition honest and the backline fearful. Brooks could be it, if we can gets some mongrel into the kid, we know he can kick goals and at 198cm who can stand hime on the day?
Big blokes dont grow on tree's, he needs to get a chance, 5 games in 5 years is disgraceful, but we need to see his hand.
I agree on all others, we have heaps of mid sized players who lack honest pace, we need ones with pace and skill

Goody

Followed Saints since '71
Sir Robert Harvey was my favorite player
Stewie Lowe and Plugger before that.
Loved watching Rooey and Jack Steven
Now looking forward to the future

Some people make things happen, some people watch things happen, but most just say " What the f#&k happened!".
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

GTrain, Thommo, Voss, M Clarke, Raymond......that lot gets you roughly what you need for what will be a weak draft....

Maybe another player or two.....but 5 going is almost enough.....subject to any trades of course.

Sweeny, Brooks??

GTrain going may well get Brooks another year...and I rate Brooks as more of a forward than a ruckman.

Watts now slots in higher in the forward queue....a lot may depend on how Gardi shapes up. If he can play ruck then Kosi can mainly play FF. No Gardi....and then Watts or Brooks becomes the FF option.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Solar
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:GTrain, Thommo, Voss, M Clarke, Raymond......that lot gets you roughly what you need for what will be a weak draft....

Maybe another player or two.....but 5 going is almost enough.....subject to any trades of course.

Sweeny, Brooks??

GTrain going may well get Brooks another year...and I rate Brooks as more of a forward than a ruckman.

Watts now slots in higher in the forward queue....a lot may depend on how Gardi shapes up. If he can play ruck then Kosi can mainly play FF. No Gardi....and then Watts or Brooks becomes the FF option.
agreed
Sweeney might be the other that gets the cut. It all depends on what we want to do with the rookies. Gehrig going means that keeping brooks looks the smart thing to do, despite what some people around here keep thinking.

FQF
loyal in the good times and bad
In richo I trust

2013 trade/draft best ever?
Billings - future brownlow medallist Longer - future best ruck
Dunstan - future captain Eli - future cult hero
Acres - future norm smith
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:GTrain, Thommo, Voss, M Clarke, Raymond......that lot gets you roughly what you need for what will be a weak draft....

Sweeny, Brooks??

Sweeney is in real trouble and Brooks will be gone I would think. Ferg ? not sure. That will be plenty.

RaphClarke=Brownlow

Jones is a joke of a footballer. GAWN.

Thommo Harvs (IMO) and Fraser.

We really need a ruckman. Clarke too old, Rix too spastic, and Blake is Blake. Maybe we need Ackland back.

Raph Clarke will win a brownlow!!!!!
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

RaphClarke=Brownlow wrote:Jones is a joke of a footballer. GAWN.

We really need a ruckman. Clarke too old, Rix too spastic, and Blake is Blake. Maybe we need Ackland back.
The funny thing and I will cop heaps but just to show how poor our ruckman are is I think Blake is our best ruckman.

RaphClarke=Brownlow

plugger66 wrote:
RaphClarke=Brownlow wrote:Jones is a joke of a footballer. GAWN.

The funny thing and I will cop heaps but just to show how poor our ruckman are is I think Blake is our best ruckman.
Sad but true.

Milney should be tried in the ruck, he'd be better than Blake.

Bring back Ackland!

Raph Clarke will win a brownlow!!!!!
midas_touch
Club Player

Frase, Thommo, M Clarke, Gwilt (?), Ferguson (?), Jones (?), Voss (?), Sweeney (?), Harvey (?), Hudghton (?).

Thats potentially a major list turnover.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
Richter
SS Life Member

Why might Sweeney get the wave?

In his one game he looked ok and seemed to have kicked a few bags for the Scorps. With two forwards going/gone (Gehrig/Hammil) surely he'd be worth persisting with for another year?

Hird... The unflushable one is now... just a turd...
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Richter wrote:Why might Sweeney get the wave?

In his one game he looked ok and seemed to have kicked a few bags for the Scorps. With two forwards going/gone (Gehrig/Hammil) surely he'd be worth persisting with for another year?
The reason is simple. Cannot get a game with the Scorps tomorrow and his attitude is poor.

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Give Sweeney some credit, his attitude has been fine in the past six months.

OUT: F. Gehrig (:cry:), A. Thompson, B. Voss, M. Clarke, J. Sweeney, B. Brooks, P. Raymond,
IN: J. Attard, J. Geary, C. Jones + 4 x draft selections

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
plugger66
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:Give Sweeney some credit, his attitude has been fine in the past six months.

OUT: F. Gehrig (:cry:), A. Thompson, B. Voss, M. Clarke, J. Sweeney, B. Brooks, P. Raymond,
IN: J. Attard, J. Geary, C. Jones + 4 x draft selections
Dont think they should promote Attard. A was of a pick. Geary not sure. CJ toss of a coin. Outs are 100% correct IMO.

maverick
Saintsational Legend

I too agree on the outs, although with the big G retiring, maybe Brooks may be the luckiest bloke around.

Surely Jones won't get promoted, no way is he up to it, no way, worse than McGough