Selves to blame

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

St.Kenny
Club Player

Selves to blame

Drawing with Doggys

Loss to Dons

Hawks, Cats, Pies overtake us this year

Pies last quarter against us

Last quarter fades overall

Still cant win intarstate

Needed to beat Weagles

................................................we desrve the early start to the summer months

Where are all the anti GT c;ones now ?
We had much better run ( not as good as the pies) this year for the first time in ages ? Answers please ?

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
JeffDunne

Re: Selves to blame

St.Kenny wrote:Where are all the anti GT c;ones now ?
They are a little quiet aren't they?

I'm sure they're hammering away on an essay as to why we should be blaming GT for it all.

The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

I'm still an anti GT c;ones. And GT helps us how? At 1 A.M. last week he was sitting with Eddie at Topolinos asking him how he he gets his stuff back on track. McGuire was coaching him FFS. Rebuilding bridges, more networking, etc. Next table - interesting.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Saintlyone
Club Player

Agreed
When I saw the draw this year I bought finals tickets. Now i'm flabbergasted what to do in September ? I feel like a Richmond supporter. In fact I might aske them tomorrow how to spend September.
We are the competitions big joke.
if it wasnt for Niicky Riewolt and Lenny's end of season rebirth we wouldnt have even been in the hunt.

St.Kenny
Club Player

Gt @ Topolinos speakin to Eddy ??

I'm a waiter there.......i'm sure it was RB !!!

My behaviour is considered acceptable in some far off remote exotic countries...
JeffDunne

I feel hungry.

SaintWodonga
Club Player

I hope it's the kick in the bum we deserve... A real wake up call. Be interesting to see what RL does over the pre season, given the fact he has time to put his stamp in the draft... Please, no more smokies with high selections. We could have picked up Howard much later, and who cares if we missed out on him... Sorry that was poor at the time & remained poor all year.

Also interesting to see who retires and who gets elevated from the rookie list...

And how our new recruiting officer (better word?) goes. Reckon will have a mandate for pace.

Tony Lockett kicks 10 goals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4v4ZQJHjlvM
The OtherThommo
Saintsational Legend

Borderman, it may be of interest to know that The Boss had a meet with the recruiting staff recently, and asked a number of hard questions. Such as "who was responsible" for a number of the draft selections. I believe he asked who was responsible for "the doozy" of giving up 2 top 20 picks for Brooks. Apparently he had a number of people ducking. Good on him.

'I have no new illusions, and I have no old illusions' - Vladimir Putin, Geneva, June 2021
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

The OtherThommo wrote:Borderman, it may be of interest to know that The Boss had a meet with the recruiting staff recently, and asked a number of hard questions. Such as "who was responsible" for a number of the draft selections. I believe he asked who was responsible for "the doozy" of giving up 2 top 20 picks for Brooks. Apparently he had a number of people ducking. Good on him.
Very interesting mate ... thanks for that.

Once answer St Kenny is that we have lost 10 players who were starting 22 in our 2005 Preliminary Final team.

We have replaced those 10 players ... but if the replacements aren't as good, can we be expected to perform as well?

The answer to that question is subjective, but I would answer it no.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
GrumpyOne

You had me nodding in agreement Kenny until you brought the GT skeleton out of the closet.

Let it go son. Its history.

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

To finish 9th, or whatever it turns out to be, after playing no more than three quarters of football most weeks was something of an achievement.

What really killed us was the Hawthorn loss when we had about 10 players missing but still should have been 6 goals in front at 1/4 time, and the Collingwood loss where we just blew it despite being given an amazing run by the clowns in white.

The Footscray draw was just icing on the cake.

Too much left to too few in most of those fadeouts, and hopefully this will be a wake-up call.

We are better than Hawthorn and Collingwood, and maybe even Adelaide and Sydney. It's a disgrace that we are where we are.

You may recall that quite a number of The Age football writers predicted this before the season began.

The Fireman
Saintsational Legend

and we just can't seem to beat Ess no matter what.