Cats excuses are starting

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

Cats excuses are starting

Bomber says they should have the right to choose which day to play, here we go................

http://news.realfooty.com.au/we-want-to ... 8-vuy.html

Before Im 85
joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Its not an excuse.

Why haven't they got the right. The bloody interstate clubs get everything come finals time.

Geelong, unlike ALL of the interstate clubs who have been in their position, dont get a chance to play on their homeground.

They should have the right to play both at Skilled Stadium, but oh no the AFL wont allow that to happen.

Not in this "fair and equitable" competition :roll:

Why shouldn't they get the right to chose what time they play, they can chose where they play like the interstate lovechildren.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)
JeffDunne

Agree jb.

If Geelong get stiffed in the finals draw they have every right to call the AFL out for it.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

If you finish first....you should get first pick of when you play....as part of the reward for finishing 1st.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

joffaboy wrote:Its not an excuse.

Why haven't they got the right. The bloody interstate clubs get everything come finals time.

Geelong, unlike ALL of the interstate clubs who have been in their position, dont get a chance to play on their homeground.

They should have the right to play both at Skilled Stadium, but oh no the AFL wont allow that to happen.

Not in this "fair and equitable" competition :roll:

Why shouldn't they get the right to chose what time they play, they can chose where they play like the interstate lovechildren.
They didn't complain too loudly when they played Brisbane at the MCG in an 'away' Prelim though in 2004.

Geelong sicken me.

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Pfft..

Geelong are quite happy to take the cash cow gate receipts and move up to TD and the G to play home games against us and Collingwood..yet come finals time all of a sudden their lil ground is back in favour again

You want finals at SS Catters?? ..then play ALL your home games there, not just the ones that dont make you as much money.

Theres actually only ONE Victorian club that this year played 11 home games at their home ground..and thats us, so if we had finished 1,2,5 or 6...Id be screaming for a TD Final Week 1, no matter who we played.

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
super dooper
Club Player

They didn't complain too loudly when they played Brisbane at the MCG in an 'away' Prelim though in 2004.

Geelong sicken me.[/quote]

Exactly right, hope the excuses come and bite them in the arse.

If i remember correctly in 2005 the week we adelaide, they were already tring to organise a friday night pre lim before they even won their qualifying final against us.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

saint66au wrote:Pfft..

You want finals at SS Catters?? ...
Geelong coach Mark Thompson is adamant the top-of-the-ladder Cats deserve to play their first AFL final at a time of their choosing.

I think Sant66au that what they are stating is that they should choose when....rather than where.

I think that the team that finishes first should have that right.

saintsrus
SS Hall of Fame

joffaboy wrote:Its not an excuse.
Not yet anyway, it will be once they loose

Before Im 85
St DAC
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:so if we had finished 1,2,5 or 6...Id be screaming for a TD Final Week 1, no matter who we played.
Al the screaming wouldn't get us a TD final unless it was against an interstate side. We should have had Melbourne there last year in the policy was "true home ground" but it clearly isn't.

Mind you, if you can't play well at the 'G you'll never win a flag, so playing finals there is OK by me.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

What if the case was this...

Geelong play Team X.

Geelong plays friday night round 22
Team X plays sunday twilight round 22 in Perth

Geelong demands (and recieves) a friday night final at the MCG.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:What if the case was this...

Geelong play Team X.

Geelong plays friday night round 22
Team X plays sunday twilight round 22 in Perth

Geelong demands (and recieves) a friday night final at the MCG.
Well :wink: there is always fine print....and in this case I think ALL teams should be guaranteed a six day break as a minimum....so in your case the Cats could pick Sat or Sunday only.