When did Starcevich leave? !!

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

linz
Club Player

Statsman wrote:
Eastern wrote:My theory is that it was not just the guys who didn't do a full pre-season but if my memory serves me correctly, Starcevich was staying/going/staying/going for about 6-8 weeks. Most of that time he was in Brisbane sorting out his personal problems. Any programs he had were left to Andrew Weller ?? (our physio) to deliver/refine.

I believe that this is one of the main reasons that our fitness is at a level where it has been questioned lately.
Could our new game plan also be a factor? When we've been at our best in the first halves this season we've shown tremendous intensity, applied great pressure to the opposition, tackled with ferocity and generally ran them off their feet. This is not an easy style of play to maintain for a full four quarters. Therefore it seems to me to be a combination of our base fitness and our game plan. We may well be as fit as any other team, but not fit
enough yet to maintain this new game plan for a full four quarters.
Our game plan is very demanding. Look at "G" huffing & puffing needlessly.
He'll & we'll be fitter next year though. I also reckon both Gehrig & Harves can stay on because they are such good trainers.

I once spent a year in Adelaide, I think it was on a Sunday.