Question - Robert Harvey Print (Ltd Edition)

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

benengel14
Club Player

Question - Robert Harvey Print (Ltd Edition)

I read on the saints site that only 20 copies remain, and was thinking that this would make a very nice Father's day present.

I was wondering if anyone actually has a copy, and would know the dimensions roughly so I can see if it will fit on the study wall. I'd hate to spend that much money for it to be rolled up with a rubber band.

What is a "print" exactly, is it just a poster (i.e. paper) or is printed on a canvas?

Any information from owners of the print (framed/unframed) or anyone would be appreciated

Saint Bev
SS Life Member

A print is basically a poster. It is a copy of the original oil painting and the size of a poster. Unforuntately because of the size having it framed would be expensive, though I don't mean to put you off. I'm sure any Dad would be more than happy to receive one.

Qld Saints Supporter Group
benengel14
Club Player

Thanks Saint Bev, $300 is a rather large mark-up for something which $2 shops are known to sell. I guess its the limited edition/memorabilia aspect.

Anyone who wants to hazard a guess as to the dimensions who went to the testimonial (assuming same size and ratio) would be welcomed.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Hi Ben, I have one of the framed prints and it's absolutely brilliant.

Unframed, I imagine it would probably stand about a 800cm tall.

Sorry Bev, but the fact that it has Harves on it makes it more than merely a poster. 8-)

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Selhurst Saint wrote:
Unframed, I imagine it would probably stand about a 800cm tall.
Wow!

That's huge, I might get one, but problem is I've only got ten foot ceilings....might have to put it up at the bottom of the staircase and run it up both levels...might give me the 8 metres I need!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Selhurst Saint
Club Player

Oops, erm, I think I may had one too many zeros in that answer. :oops:

Actually it would probably stand closer to a metre. (thats 100cm).

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Picked myn up last week (#200 of 300) - it's looks absolutely fantastic

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
benengel14
Club Player

Thanks for the information selhurst/seaford Saints

Went down to the club shop today, and picked up a print. Looks very nice. Width is only 60-70 cms so it will fit perfectly on the wall.

Managed to find a very reasonably priced frame store for $80. Not a poster where Blu-tak will suffice.

Agreed looks fantastic. Think they said they had 18 or something left for anyone else who might be considering one.

HSVKing
Saintsational Legend

What I don't get is...

It was celebrating his 350th game... and they had 300 prints???

Unusual?

They walk amongst us...

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Still haven't recieved mine. Better not have jipped me on it. :x I tell you what, I'll be very, very upset if they've sold mine on me, as they told me they hadn't handed them out yet. Been waiting an age for it too.

saintDal
Club Player

Winmarvellous wrote:Still haven't recieved mine. Better not have jipped me on it. :x I tell you what, I'll be very, very upset if they've sold mine on me, as they told me they hadn't handed them out yet. Been waiting an age for it too.
Did you get a framed or unframed one?

I ordered a framed one and the club called me last week saying that it was ready to send and I should be getting it this week sometime.

bangerisking
Club Player

I picked up mine about a month ago,i called them and said i was coming down to get it, sitting very nicely in the bar

BANGER 350 & STILL GOING STRONG
Cam1lla
Club Player

HSVKing wrote:What I don't get is...

It was celebrating his 350th game... and they had 300 prints???

Unusual?
yes that is true ^ they should have made 350 prints lol :P

Winmarvellous
Club Player

Framed. Will be devestated if they've stuffed my order up.

Seaford_Saint
Club Player

Winmarvellous - they are definitely in at Moorabbin - I purchased an unframed one, but they offered to frame it in the same way as the framed ones for $100 more (if that makes sense)

9559 6671 and ask for Kelly, she was really helpful

Failure cannot succeed in the face of persistence......
Scoop
Club Player

Ordered (and paid) for mine today. Was told there were 10 left (nine now). :lol:

As Seaford_Saint mentioned, is extra $100 to get framed at a place that did all their framed ones in Seaford. Not you doing the framing is it Seaford_Saint?

Extra! Extra! Read all about it......no I don't want to read about it anymore!!!