M Clarke

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Mr X from the West
Club Player

M Clarke

Apologies if this has already been asked/covered in another thread by has anyone seen a worse game from a ruckman than Clarke's game on Friday night?

The comparison with Cox was stark.

We have some serious deficiencies in our list and the absence of ruckmen is one of them.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

I don't think it was so much that Clarke was bad...but rather that Cox was exceptional....

Watching at the ground the away Cox tapped the ball forehand and backhand to his mids reminded me of Everitt at his best when he was with us...

Having dominant ruckman in Spida and Vidovic wasa big big factor in why 97 wasa good year for the Saints.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

Rucked against Seaby more than he did against Cox, but I agree he was poor.

Unfortunately, he has lost his ability to direct the ball as well as he used to ... partly because he hasn't worked much with the Saints midifield.

It's okay not being average with the ruckwork, but then you must be able to contribute around the ground.

Clarke is a dinosaur in that respect .... fancy Robert Walls saying last week he believes Clarke should play again next year :roll:

In modern footy, you just have to be able to do more than tap the ball around in the middle.

And if you can't even do that ....

:?

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Clarke's recent performance has been similar to Knobel in 2004. Lots of hitouts, not many going to advantage and very few possessions around the ground. He's been ok, but is the kind of player you'd never want to be in your best team.

I thought he did pretty well in the ruck contests on Friday, but obviously did very little else. He's a better option than Rix.

Mr X from the West
Club Player

From memory, Cox had (approx) 23 possessions, and Clarke had 3, all handballs. Not one kick.

"Viva la difference".

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Mr X from the West wrote:From memory, Cox had (approx) 23 possessions, and Clarke had 3, all handballs. Not one kick.

"Viva la difference".
Kosi rucked for most of the game. I haven't seen the stats but I'm guessing Clarke only played about 40-45% of the game.

rodgerfox
Saintsational Legend

Oh When the Saints wrote:.... fancy Robert Walls saying last week he believes Clarke should play again next year :roll:
Walls is like SR - will never admit they were completely wrong.

Stephen Theodore
SS Hall of Fame

Mad Saint Guy wrote:

Clarke only played about 40-45% of the game.

About 40-45% too much IMO

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Oh well, we dont have anyone who could've done much better than Clarke so it doesn't make much of a difference.

Carpe Diem
rogerwa
SS Hall of Fame

bloody walls...interview on radio 6 pr last week re rattens appointment as carlton coach

all this interview proccess when chosing a coach is a load of crap..why not have faith in your ability to choose who you think is best for the position

nearly chocked on my beam...this coming from the tosser who took our hard earned interviewing our new coach

if bloody clarke is so good why has he never played in a winning finals side either at the bears or adel..if you want someone who is 7 ft 10 & cant do anything around the ground you may as well go to america grab one of their hack basketballers pay him 300 g plonk him in the centre of the ground win the hitout to no one in particular & take him on & off until the next ballup occurs

walls claim to fame ...got racked off by 4 clubs & up in bris after training had the whole team stand around & take it in turns to punch the chyt out of some poor barstard after dark who he thought wasnt having a go (stempil i think his name was)

come to think of it not a bad idea...some of ours need that treatment

clarke is a dud...walls no different

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

the thing i found most dissapointing with clark was his total lack of enthusiasm in the last mins every saints player was tossing them self at the ball and were deperate to try and go for the win every one except Doc he really looked like he couldnt be stuffed he gave off a substandard handpass to no one in particular that cause a spill of the ball and a WC shot on goal !!
he doesnt have the heart to play anymore hee has no loyalties to the saints and is just using us as a cash cow time to retire doc thanks for nothing

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

rodgerfox wrote:
Oh When the Saints wrote:.... fancy Robert Walls saying last week he believes Clarke should play again next year :roll:
Walls is like SR - will never admit they were completely wrong.
Ah... I see Rodger is trying to through mud again....as usual it is just inferred muckraking as Rodger knows that engaging in afair dinkum debate on facts is not an area that he can prosper in.

What am I meant to have been wrong about this time???

I KNOW that I posted that when we picked up M Clarke that IF WE HAVE NO OTHER BENEFIT that he will impart ruck knowledge to Kosi.

I also note that Kosi in the weekends Age was glowing in how much ruck knowledge he had learnt from one M Clarke.

M Clarke was recruited with a cheap PSD pick asa back up ruckman for a year.

Now it is not something that I personally would have done, but I can understand why Ross went that way.

Anyway back to you Rodg....make another baseless cheap shot....you are normally most careful to posts insults with no facts....rather than to just discuss the issue at hand.

PS Rodg...Like any other forumite I make posts which are wrong. Unlike you though I admit to it when it does occur.

I also admit to being wrong about you Rodger.

Once upon a time I thought that you just liked to debate issues.

However over time it has become very evident such as through your post above that you love to come onto the forum and insult and stir with that being your goal. That you lust after such posts and go out of you may to make them says much about you and your need to denigrate rather than to just enjoy healthy debate.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
stinger
Saintsational Legend

rogerwa wrote:bloody walls...interview on radio 6 pr last week re rattens appointment as carlton coach

all this interview proccess when chosing a coach is a load of crap..why not have faith in your ability to choose who you think is best for the position

nearly chocked on my beam...this coming from the tosser who took our hard earned interviewing our new coach

if bloody clarke is so good why has he never played in a winning finals side either at the bears or adel..if you want someone who is 7 ft 10 & cant do anything around the ground you may as well go to america grab one of their hack basketballers pay him 300 g plonk him in the centre of the ground win the hitout to no one in particular & take him on & off until the next ballup occurs

walls claim to fame ...got racked off by 4 clubs & up in bris after training had the whole team stand around & take it in turns to punch the chyt out of some poor barstard after dark who he thought wasnt having a go (stempil i think his name was)

come to think of it not a bad idea...some of ours need that treatment

clarke is a dud...walls no different

love your work roger............your post has made my day......walls is a f-wit.....

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.