Crow Pies game...will you watch or listen?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Crow Pies game...will you watch or listen?

Well our season now hangs on this game.

For Victorian residents, will you watch it on delay pretending it is direct???
2007 AFL Premiership Season

Round 22 - Collingwood v Adelaide
8.30pm – 11.30pm Seven
Friday 31 August 2007

Or will you have the radio and or afl.com on to get live scores???

Or will you just wait till afterwards to discover our fate?

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
vacuous space
SS Life Member

We should get the Moorabbin wing going. Chant 'St. Kilda' after every Collingwood goal.

wildgoose
Club Player

Its live here in SA, I'll try and stay away from the game, ill just check every so often for updates.

And hack pup is out again, bowled without troubling the scorers.
devil saint
Club Player

I don't know - but i'm feeling sick just thinking about it! I can't believe i'm going to be barracking so hard for collingwood! I just want it to be over. And if adelaide wins saturday will be ordinary because we will be playing for nothing.

Selhurst Saint
Club Player

I am watching the game from a corporate box.

When I accepted the invitation weeks ago I had no idea the game would become so important. It will be torture having people making polite but boring conversation while our teams fate is unfolding in front of me.

"...If there has been one recurring theme through this whole shocking mess, it has been the misguided, inflated egos and their ill-judged determination to cling to long-standing old boy friendships. The bad advice that has guided the selfish and culpable James Hird has not only punctuated this saga but symbolised it..."
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

Might even go to the game.

If not, listen on the radio.

super dooper
Club Player

If i didnt have cricket training would have gone for sure

Since i cant go, i think ill watch it in the comfort of my own home so i can always change the channel if it gets bads and occasionly check the scores.

Go Pies

Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

I'll go out so I'm away from any coverage and then find out the result at the end.

Knowing my luck, I will walk into somewhere and it will be on TV with scores level and 5 minutes to go in the last quarter :roll:

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

I'll be at Hamer Hall listening to Paul Kelly....and nervously checkiing my text msgs at the end of the show

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
HarveysDeciple

If im not working I'll be at the dome with the Pies supporting miss's and her crows supporting relo's

:shock:

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Probaby check live scores on AFL website until half time, and the watch the delayed telecast.

Carpe Diem
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

No. I'll go out friday night and pretend footy doesnt exist until saturday arvo.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

vacuous space wrote:We should get the Moorabbin wing going. Chant 'St. Kilda' after every Collingwood goal.
why waste your voice ?!?! from watching last friday nites game the saints fans were drowned out WCE fans what makes you think anyone will hear St Kilda over the collywobble ferals ??

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Peanut
Club Player

Will be listening on the radio . . . can't get my head around going but waiting for tv to know our future will be just too much.

Called in on a 'wobbles friend this morning and I was greeted with 'I bet I know who you will be following on Friday night' - a cheeky grin a mile long that watered down all of the Collingwood jokes I have emailed to her over the year. Oh well.

n1ck
Saintsational Legend

ill probably have the radio on or check online...

hAyES
Club Player

I can't because I won't be home, but I'm definately going to have somebody let me know the result.

redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

Whilst we need the Pies to win should they lose it make our game an interesting one!

The Tigers are in a position where they lose their Priority pick and the #1 pick (provided Carlton don't win) if they beat us. They are currently on 3 wins and a draw = 14 pts you only get a priority if you have gotten 16 or less points for the season. So they really don't want to beat us cause that could hamper their redevelopment of their list. With Melbourtne and Carlton playing each other the loser will lose the proiority and if the Tigers win they will move off the bottom of the ladder losing the the best pick.

We on the other hand will be out of the finals if the Crows win and have no real interest in winning either. In this case we are better off to lose by as much as possible and drop as far down the ladder as we can for a better draft pick. This make our game similar to the Carlton vs Melbourne Tankfest Sunday night.

Due to the 3 last teams all not being in a position where a win is in their best interest i believe the AFL should threaten all teams that if they believe they are not playing this round to win then the AFL will look at finding any club as bringing the game in to disrepute and subsequently they will be fined and lose their first draft pick in the Draft. The thought that they will lose their pick may encourage better games of footy for the weekend.

But i will not be watching or listening to the Pies v Crows game but i am extremely interested.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Just to set the record straight on a couple of things

Firstly, Carlton are the only team eligble for a Priority pick this season. You now have to win less than 4 1/2 games two years running. Richmond didnt and Melbourne certainly bloody didnt.

Want us to slide down the ladder as far as possible if Adelaide win Fri night?? OK then sure, you can try and sell the sponsorships, Friday Night games and memberships/reserved seating for 2008 when we finish 11th and the game still in everyones minds is a belting by Richmond. Hope that higher draft pick has a Marketing degree!

I grant you that the battle at he bottom has a certain macabre air about it, but I dont think the AFL are about to fine teams for not playing to their potential!! . God we'd be broke if they started doing that ;-)

If Richmond beat us they get off the bottom but potentially go from Pick 2 to Pick 4..cos if Melbourne beat Carlton the Blues get picks 1 and 2 If Carlton win and we beat Richmond, Carlton lose pick 1 but keep pick 3 as noone gets a priority. Melbourne currently have pick 4, but if they lose and we win, they get Pick 2.

Confused yet???lol

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

I will be going with a mates collingwood jumper and everything, I will be going all out cheering for the pies!!

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
Dal'sGal26
Club Player

Listen. Won't be able to watch till the end knowing that the game has finished!

i <3 the red, white and black

Sainter for LIFE!
saint66au
Saintsational Legend

Armoooo wrote:I will be going with a mates collingwood jumper and everything, I will be going all out cheering for the pies!!
Careul Armooo, I owned up to popping a Tigers scarf on at one of their games last year..and bloody near got run out of town on here for it ;-)

Wearing a Collingwood jumper by comparison, even with the Saints best interests at heart, might have the lynch mob slinging the noose over the nearest low branch :-)

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
redwhite&blackblood
SS Hall of Fame

saint66au wrote:Just to set the record straight on a couple of things

Firstly, Carlton are the only team eligble for a Priority pick this season. You now have to win less than 4 1/2 games two years running. Richmond didnt and Melbourne certainly bloody didnt.
Actually to get a priority pick you have to win less than 4.5 games in any year. The new part is in the first year you suck you get a priority pick at the end of Round 1 in the draft. In the second year your priority pick will be at the start of Round 1. There for Carlton is the only team that can have a priority pick at the start of the draft (#1 pick) where as Richmond and Melbourne should they qualify for a priority pick will receive their picks at the end of the 1st Round i.e. picks 17, 18.

Bleeding Red, Black and White for 38 years!
Life Motto - Fortius Quo Fidelius
Raph "Cult Hero" Clarke Fan Club.
Iratedebate
Club Player

Actually to get a priority pick you have to win less than 4.5 games in any year. The new part is in the first year you suck you get a priority pick at the end of Round 1 in the draft. In the second year your priority pick will be at the start of Round 1. There for Carlton is the only team that can have a priority pick at the start of the draft (#1 pick) where as Richmond and Melbourne should they qualify for a priority pick will receive their picks at the end of the 1st Round i.e. picks 17, 18.
Correct :wink:

saint66au
Saintsational Legend

redwhite&blackblood wrote:
saint66au wrote:Just to set the record straight on a couple of things

Ahhh..I didnt know that...I unreservedly apologise...

THE BUBBLE HAS BURST

2011 player sponsor
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Feels like we're playing twice this weekend.

I'm much, much more nervous about Friday night.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.