A Swans loss and us winning cannot help

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

A Swans loss and us winning cannot help

For those not mathematically inclined the % gap is just two big to close between us and the Swans..

ie If the Tigers kick sya 50 points....and say the Hawks thrash the Swans by 70 points...the Saints would need to kick a lazy 330 odd!!!!!!!!!!!

Is is not going to happen.

So if the Pies lose....we will miss out on the 8 on % unless Freo upsets PA, wherpon they will finish 9th.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

Arrrrrrrrrgh I don't get it??? Isn't it just a case of the Pies beating the Crows and we beat Richmond (hopefully beat Richmond that is) and we're in??

Help, please explain lol

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
snoopygirl
SS Life Member

Yes, St Luke, it's that simple. If Collingwood win & we win we play finals.

yipper
SS Life Member

I think SRS was referring to overtaking Shytney on the ladder i.e: finishing 7th.

I want to stand for something. I'm a loyal person and I think at the end of my career it will be great to look back and know that I'm a St Kilda person for life.
- Nick Riewoldt. May 19th 2009.
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

St. Luke wrote:Arrrrrrrrrgh I don't get it??? Isn't it just a case of the Pies beating the Crows and we beat Richmond (hopefully beat Richmond that is) and we're in??

Help, please explain lol
Yes it is,,,

But I was just pointing out that we cannot overatke the Swans on %....and thus make the 8 in the case where the Pies lose to the Crows.

ie Saints finsihing 8th and the Swans on 9th, both on 46 points....and Crows 7th on 48 points.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
St. Luke
Saintsational Legend

saintsRrising wrote:
St. Luke wrote:Arrrrrrrrrgh I don't get it??? Isn't it just a case of the Pies beating the Crows and we beat Richmond (hopefully beat Richmond that is) and we're in??

Help, please explain lol
Yes it is,,,

But I was just pointing out that we cannot overatke the Swans on %....and thus make the 8 in the case where the Pies lose to the Crows.

ie Saints finsihing 8th and the Swans on 9th, both on 46 points....and Crows 7th on 48 points.
Ahhh yes, I see what you mean. It's certainly a very small window of opportunity for us this week as we can only take Adelaide’s spot. What will be good is if Collingwood does pull a win off on Friday night it’ll give us two wonderful scenarios: destroying the Crows season and the Saints playing Finals! Right now though, I’m not trying to get too excited about what’s going to happen on Friday night. Fancy having to rely on the Filth to bail us out of crap-central! The Tigers aren’t going to lay down and do us any favours on Saturday arvo either! We’ve literally had 9 lives this season, we aren’t going to get any more chances if this one happens to come along.

When they created LENNY HAYES (in the shadow of Harvs) they forgot to break the mold (again)- hence the Supremely Incredible Jack Steven!!
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Ideally, Collingwood win, Sydney win and we win, then the Pies will finish 5th and will play us. (providing North beats the pathetic Footscray!)

This gives a big gate (heaps of $$$!) and either a Friday or Saturday final.

If Collingwood, Hawthorn and us win (and North), North will finish 5th and we'll play them I'd think on Sunday in front of half the crowd.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
riccardo
Saintsational Legend

saintspremiers wrote:Ideally, Collingwood win, Sydney win and we win, then the Pies will finish 5th and will play us. (providing North beats the pathetic Footscray!)

This gives a big gate (heaps of $$$!) and either a Friday or Saturday final.

If Collingwood, Hawthorn and us win (and North), North will finish 5th and we'll play them I'd think on Sunday in front of half the crowd.
Do they share the Finals gate do they?

We would be the away team, as we'd finish 8th.

As long as its during the day, I don't care, haven't had a Day final since (I think) we played the Demons in 1998. :shock:

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

You mean you don't think it's possible to beat Richmond by 400 points?

That's only 16 goals per quarter, or roughly one every two minutes - if we keep them scoreless.

Otiman
Saintsational Legend

riccardo wrote:As long as its during the day, I don't care, haven't had a Day final since (I think) we played the Demons in 1998. :shock:
Scary as it sounds, This year feels a hell of a lot like 1998.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

snoopygirl wrote:Yes, St Luke, it's that simple. If Collingwood win & we win we play finals.
After countless posts upon posts upon posts about mathematics..... well done snoopygirl!

I don't care who we play - WHEN we beat Richmond and WHEN Adelaide get done by Collingwood.... we are good enough to beat anyone in September........!

Bring them ALL on I say!

8-)