J Blake

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

Blake probably did a good a job as anyone else we had aviliable.

Carpe Diem
perfectionist
Saintsational Legend

Flexibility during the game was denied by the available personnel. Blake did well until the WC got on top via number 11 on our number 7. Lenny's coming back from a major knee injury so we can't expect much more from him this year. I would have moved Blake into the ruck for two or three bounces to see what they did with muscle man (it can't be natural). In the end, our backline is just not good enough. We don't have anyone to take a telling mark or run with a fast leader and get the crucial punch without grabbing ajumper or putting a hand in the back. Three flying together has become the norm. One telling mark can save the day, just ask Leo Barry - or forty years prior - Bob Murray - without that mark , our record would have been no premierships.

Luke Penny had the potential, but alas, a crook knee.

That drongo who still bags Jason Blake ( barkingmad) should reveal the actual team he barracks for - it's not the Saints!

congorozides
Club Player

no doubt options werent a plenty. IM not blaming anyone here. but the mistakes I saw Blake make shouldn't have been made by a guy with 7 years experience. If you realise you lost your man but then you get lucky when the ball heads in your direction and your man is way out of it - so you to say to yourself - right im going make my man pay here and get one up for my mob on the rebound.

instead he didnt exploit his own good luck and just ran back away fro the play to a dead pocket and stood beside a huffing and puffing cousins. opportunity lost.