Time to unleash Armo

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

FullMonty
Club Player

Time to unleash Armo

No Attard, no Bakes, I reckon give the kid a go.
Top 10 draft pick and no game yet????

Montyrules!
Spinner
Saintsational Legend

2 games.....maybe 3 already.....

Unleash??? He's not going to dominate this year mate.

Armoooo
Saintsational Legend

Well we don't really have any say in whether we make the 8 or not any more, you would assume we will beat Richmond with or without Armo it all comes down to Pies beating the crows, so I say we play him see what he is capable of...

ROBERT HARVEY A.K.A The Great Man, Banger, Harves, Ol' Man River...
384 games, 4 B&F's, 3 EJ Whitten Medals, St.Kilda Captain, 2 Time Brownlow Medalist, 8 Time All Australian, 2nd Highest Brownlow votes poller.... The greatest of ALL TIME!!
mad saint guy
Saintsational Legend

Armo showed that he isn't AFL-standard yet. He looked a level below the rest in his 3 games and his fitness is nowhere near the required level. A good pre season should improve his chances of playing in 2008, but I don't expect him to do anything of note until 2009.

TimeToShineFellas
SS Hall of Fame

Armoooo wrote:Well we don't really have any say in whether we make the 8 or not any more, you would assume we will beat Richmond with or without Armo it all comes down to Pies beating the crows, so I say we play him see what he is capable of...
I would rather select Andrew Thompson next week.

If the Crows knock off the Pies and we have nothing to play for, at least we can give him the send-off he most richly deserves.

I notice he was listed in our best players yesterday.

saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

According to his Casey coach Armo is along way of the fitness level required for an AFL level player.

So give a HUGE pre-season and see what he is like.

IF the Richmond game is a dead game because the Crows have beaten the Pies...maybe...otherwise
others including Mini would be better options.

Harvey and Thommo are both likely to be available for selection this week.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
Oh When the Saints
Saintsational Legend

mad saint guy wrote:Armo showed that he isn't AFL-standard yet. He looked a level below the rest in his 3 games and his fitness is nowhere near the required level. A good pre season should improve his chances of playing in 2008, but I don't expect him to do anything of note until 2009.
To be fair to him, Armitage played in 3 matches where St Kilda were absolutely belted.

Compare that to Joel Selwood who has played in solid victories for most of the year, and you can see who is going to look the better player.

Six times in the best and an average of one goal per game for Armo is a great debut season in the VFL IMO.

They should only play AFL games now when it's raining. Slow games of footy are so much better to watch.
Animal Enclosure
SS Hall of Fame

How about time to unleash Grammy????

It would be nice to see our most explosive player in a position to really hurt the opposition. Sure we lose his drive across half back but we really need some zip in the guts to complement the hard work of Lenny & Bally & the silk of Dal.

Show him a highlight reel of Nathan Foley's year & tell him to go for broke.

I'd even rather see Gram used as a quick marking forward, god knows that we need one!