Update on A Hamill from the Herald Sun

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

saintm
Club Player

Update on A Hamill from the Herald Sun

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/ ... 72,00.html

Should know some time in December whether he is a chance to play again.

After seeing Buckley come back after so long out of the game - I think his last senior game was the same weekend as Aaron's last year- it is possible!!

An interview on SEN was mentioned in the article - do they put these up on their website now?
Last edited by saintm on Sun 26 Aug 2007 12:02pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unforgiven
SS Life Member

nothing that hasn't been said to us before.

Carpe Diem
fugazi
Saintsational Legend

Just retire with dignity Aaron and spare us another year of fudging us along with being always 2 weeks away...save us 400,000 and let us spend it on someone who can get on the field.

Nee!
n1ck
Saintsational Legend

fugazi wrote:Just retire with dignity Aaron and spare us another year of fudging us along with being always 2 weeks away...save us 400,000 and let us spend it on someone who can get on the field.
Tell me, would you give up that kind of money? Especially if there was still a glimmer of hope that you could get up and play again?

He signed a contract offered to him, back-ending his payments. Hes entitled to whatever he gets.

saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

n1ck wrote:
fugazi wrote:Just retire with dignity Aaron and spare us another year of fudging us along with being always 2 weeks away...save us 400,000 and let us spend it on someone who can get on the field.
Tell me, would you give up that kind of money? Especially if there was still a glimmer of hope that you could get up and play again?

He signed a contract offered to him, back-ending his payments. Hes entitled to whatever he gets.
yep, spot on, it takes two to tango and sign a contract.

Remember, some goose from our club signed it off!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
kalsaint
Club Player

saintspremiers wrote:
n1ck wrote:

yep, spot on, it takes two to tango and sign a contract.

Remember, some goose from our club signed it off!
and if.

he gets baxk on teh ground this does so much more for our teams frame of mind. I could be the power play we need to go that next level.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
brown-coat
SS Hall of Fame

Even if he's no chance at playing he's still going to hang around like a bad smell isn't he?

PLEASE RETIRE.

eppo67
Club Player

A.HAMILL - 2 Years

Sorry guys couldn't help myself.

AlpineStars
Club Player

Is it possible that if Hamil plays again next year he would prob play two years, he is still young enough. Would it be worthwhile renegotiating his contract to two years? Madness maybe but if instead of getting 500k as we think for next year he could do 2 years for 500k plus incentives. It would releive a bit of salary cap presure?

Wake me up when September ends.
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

AlpineStars wrote:Is it possible that if Hamil plays again next year he would prob play two years, he is still young enough. Would it be worthwhile renegotiating his contract to two years? Madness maybe but if instead of getting 500k as we think for next year he could do 2 years for 500k plus incentives. It would releive a bit of salary cap presure?
hmm, interesting concept and may be worth looking at, that's if there is a big advantage for us having salary cap relief next season.

But by doing as you say we may rob Peter to pay Paul...if Hamill doesn't come good we are carrying then unecessary liability in 2009 when perhaps salary cap relief would be a bigger benefit than next season if we are moving now into a mini-rebuild phase.

For Hamill personally, earning say $250K next year and the year after rather than $500K next season and zero in 2009 would be better for him tax wise.

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
saintrod
Club Player

I doubt Hamill will play again so forget about his contract that is a sunk cost ie we have to pay it reardless. The key thing is by keeping him on the list we are denying ourselves the possibility of having someone on our list who can play and who knows it maybe that we pick up a Westof like Port did from a late pick.

hotdish
Club Player

Regardless of what happens with his body, he is contracted for another year, meaning that regardless of if he retires, he will be on our list.

Well, this is how I understand it anyway...

saintrod
Club Player

Hamill can be delisted however we have to pay out his contract.