I'd rather miss the 8

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

casey scorp
Club Player

Re: I'd rather miss the 8

SirDog wrote:I am apathetic and whatever happens happens.

Although I would like to see St.Kilda get into the finals I do not think they are any chance to win the premiership so whatever will be will be.
Whatever happens, happens. !!! Why go to the football? Why support a club. You could just fast-forward your life by 50 years, and then look back at the records and see what has happened. You would have the same level of emotional investment in the outcome.

SirDog wrote:I will not be supporting Collingwood nor Adelaide but if Collingwood defeat Adelaide it may give some invaluable experience to some of the players and give them a sniff of what they may achieve in 2008.
The "invaluable experience" is an absolute necessity for some of the younger players. Gilbert and Gram jump to mind (although Gram played one final with Brisbane).

Most of the rest of our players have played finals footy, and know what it's about.

They don't need the "experience" of finals footy - they need the opportunity to play it. This year!! An opportunity that will only come through Collingwood beating Adelaide!!

Get active - not passive!!

The Peanut
Club Player

I know who the players will be barraking for . . . same as me.

Quixote
SS Life Member

Great mob those Collingwood... people.

Go Pies!

Fortius Quo Fidelius Yo
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

Good Ol' Collingwood for this week........isn't that their song?? :lol:

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
HarveysDeciple

Jesus everybody suck up your pride!!!

Carn the Pies!!!!!!

Go you good things :wink:

santazzi
Club Player

Ditto......Otiman...........there are times when a line needs to be drawn in the sand..........this is one ..............if the filth win fine............I aint baraking for the dirty %^&$%%%$.................

casey scorp
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:After today's matches there could be 4 teams locked on 52 points - Hawthorn, Port, Kangaroos and Collingwood - filling spots 3 to 6 inclusive. If Hawthorn wins today they will go to 3rd spot; if they lose today, they will remain in 6th spot.
Big correction here with Port beating Geelong by 1 point this afternoon. Only 3 teams are locked on 52 points - Hawthorn, Kangaroos and Collingwood. The fantastic thing about Port winning is that Port cannot finish 5th, which means a Melbourne final in week 1 for us (if we get in).

Sainternist
Saintsational Legend

This reminds me of round 22 of '92 when we had to rely on the Eagles to beat the Blues in order to finish in the top 6.

The Eagles cained 'em of in Subi and Spud and the boys had a bit of a celebration before getting prepared for the week ahead.

And what a great week that was!
Knocking the filth out of the finals :D

...a week later we come crashing back down to earth after getting done like a dinner by the Bulldogs.

Supporting St.Kilda is just one big roller coaster ride 8-)

p.s. We also have to beat Richmond in order to make it, and I reckon they'll throw everything they have at us.

SirDog
Club Player

casey scorp wrote:
SirDog wrote:I am apathetic and whatever happens happens.

Although I would like to see St.Kilda get into the finals I do not think they are any chance to win the premiership so whatever will be will be.
Whatever happens, happens. !!! Why go to the football? Why support a club. You could just fast-forward your life by 50 years, and then look back at the records and see what has happened. You would have the same level of emotional investment in the outcome.
I think you have placed too much emotional investment in your response. We are not talking about the 50 years of football but this one match. And in this instance it is a case of what ever happens happens for we have no control over our destiny but have to count on another club. If it was St.Kilda playing to stay in then obviously that changes my perspective but to count on other results to get in is a hollow victory (if that).
casey scorp wrote:
SirDog wrote:I will not be supporting Collingwood nor Adelaide but if Collingwood defeat Adelaide it may give some invaluable experience to some of the players and give them a sniff of what they may achieve in 2008.
The "invaluable experience" is an absolute necessity for some of the younger players. Gilbert and Gram jump to mind (although Gram played one final with Brisbane).

Most of the rest of our players have played finals footy, and know what it's about.

They don't need the "experience" of finals footy - they need the opportunity to play it. This year!! An opportunity that will only come through Collingwood beating Adelaide!!

Get active - not passive!!
I agree that most have played in finals (although very limited) but it will only amount to "experience" that is assuming we get into the finals by default, we face mission impossible in attempting to win a GF.

Get Real - not irrational!!

St.Kilda fan - through and through.
saintgus
Club Player

you must be jokin , of course we want tom make the 8!!!
Go collingwod

Saints for the flag 2010
evertonfc
Saintsational Legend

Supporting Collingwood, and then hoping like hell we get drawn against Hawthorn or the Kangaroos, giving us a full seven day break - something we'll need going into the finals.

Clueless and mediocre petty tyrant.

joffaboy
Saintsational Legend

Otiman wrote:I'd rather miss the 8 than barrack for Collingwood to win next week.

The thought of doing so just makes me ill.

Who else is in the same boat as me?
Well you must be a complete moron.

Lance or James??

There comes a point in every man's life when he has to say, "Enough is enough." For me, that time is now. I have been dealing with claims that I cheated and had an unfair advantage in <redacted>. Over the past three years, I have been subjected to a <redacted>investigation followed by <redacted> witch hunt. The toll this has taken on my family, and my work for <redacted>and on me leads me to where I am today – finished with this nonsense. (Oops just got a spontaneous errection <unredacted>)