Loris's quote on WCE blake strategy

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

kalsaint
Club Player

meher baba wrote:
rodgerfox wrote: I agree that coaches who try to use different tactics every game are going to confuse their players and end up taking the team backwards.

However, there is also the point I made earlier in this thread about remaining in control and making things happen rather than having things done to you by the opposition.
Yes, The game plan needs to be taught to make the team proficient.

The issue is when the team is not meeting the game plan and it looks fatal and no change is made. Then I get annoyed.

I remember so many great games that were won because of a spark in a game that totally galvanised the remainder of the team to play the style the coach wanted but stopped the rot that was occurring.

Essendon being flogged in grand final by Hawthorn and Sheedy told the defense and offense players to swap with resounding results is probably close to the most radical and won the game for him.

Ted Hopkins in 2 finals for Carlton against Collingwood created a few sparks that motivated the whole team to win.

Do I mention it? The day Hawthorn had a 63 point turnaround against us and Timmid had the gaul to say that the team had heads like Bordinghouse puddings. Yes there was an element of that but what needed to change? The game plan? Probably not but just the execution of it properly. So player management probably needed changing to create something or someone needed to step up and show leadership. This was my problem with GT at times, a change was needed but not necessarily to the game plan.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

Yes well we all know timmids coaching skills and his awareness of players abilities.

thought tony francis was better than robert harvey

tony delany was better than nathan burke and matthew young

thought damien Monkhorst was still a premier ruckman in the competition.

destroyed the careers of about 1/2 a dozen players.

I was there at that hawthorn game and timmid had less idea than the players.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!