WIN/LOSS TONIGHT - what does it mean?

This unofficial St Kilda Saints fan forum is for people of all ages to chat Saints Footy and all posts must be respectful.

Moderators: Saintsational Administrators, Saintsational Moderators

Brewer
Club Player

WIN/LOSS TONIGHT - what does it mean?

Apparently if we lose tonight, we're still a good chance for the 8, but our finals start in Melbourne instead of travelling to Subi to face WCE.

Anyone care to predict the likely outcomes for the next few games if we win or lose tonight?

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.
Saints94
SS Life Member

it means if we lose we have lost and if we win it means we wone :!:

Superboot
SS Hall of Fame

If we lose we are dependent on other results falling in our favour. If we keep winning it's in our hands.

The thing I've got my eye on is Sydney. We don't want to have to travel there in the first week of the finals should we finish 7th or 8th.

Our best bet would be Collingwood or Hawthorn in Melbourne. There is actually a chance this year of a Victorian team making it the GF without first having played a non-Victorian team in the finals. As far as I know it hasn't happened for years.

kalsaint
Club Player

homework wrote:it means if we lose we have lost and if we win it means we wone :!:
We lose and Adelaide win, we rely on the Filth to bail us out in round 22.

If we lose and Brisbane win we rely on the Cats beating Brisbane at the Gabba. Probably the better of the 2 options.

Just bloody win and it home and hosed.

Midfield clearances and clear winners are needed to make an effective forward line.

You need to protect the ball handler to increase posession efficiency
saintsRrising
Saintsational Legend

Re: WIN/LOSS TONIGHT - what does it mean?

Brewer wrote:Apparently if we lose tonight, we're still a good chance for the 8, but our finals start in Melbourne instead of travelling to Subi to face WCE.

Anyone care to predict the likely outcomes for the next few games if we win or lose tonight?
IF we lose tonight...it will give the Crows a sniff who area big chance to win their last two games...Lions at home and Pies in Melb.

Swnas have Pies and Hawks....so you would fancy that they would win at least one game....with swans being 2 points in front of us.

Pies are 6 points up....so we cannot catch them if we lose one game.

Winning tonight keeps our fate in our hands...and not praying that the Crows drop one.

Flying the World in comfort thanks to FF Points....
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Lets not talk about what ifs!!!

The boys will win it 2nite.....get to the fu*n dome and cheer them on!!!

The run down;

Big Fella - 5 Goals
Dal - 25 smooth touches
Kosi - To take some screamers and scare the sh*te out of us again!!!
A Hamill - 2 weeks
Attard - Keep Cousins to 20???
Roo - To keep dominating

SUPPORTERS - TO CHEER LOUD

Saints94
SS Life Member

Re: WIN/LOSS TONIGHT - what does it mean?

saintsRrising wrote:
Brewer wrote:Apparently if we lose tonight, we're still a good chance for the 8, but our finals start in Melbourne instead of travelling to Subi to face WCE.

IF we lose tonight...it will give the Crows a sniff who area big chance to win their last two games...Lions at home and Pies in Melb.

Swnas have Pies and Hawks....so you would fancy that they would win at least one game....with swans being 2 points in front of us.

Pies are 6 points up....so we cannot catch them if we lose one game.

Winning tonight keeps our fate in our hands...and not praying that the Crows drop one.
its a must win tonight matamaticly when can make it to the 8 if we lost tonght but with brisbane and adelaide being wildcards we wont make it im afraid :cry:

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

every game is a final for us from here on in.

if and buts about previous games and what we should have and shouldn't have won are immaterial.

if we can't go out and show some guts and courage tonight we aren't worth our salt.

we are pinned to the wall, champions are out injured, we've been nailed by the AFL we have 2 out of the 4 worst umpires presiding over the game.

if we go out there and play chippi chippi lotto and keepings off and lose the game I'll be so angry.

if we go out and hammer an injury depleted WCE side as we did in round 12 and give it everything, and bust our guts out, even if we lose (as we did to freo earlier in the year) I'll be proud of our boys.

as I said at the time against freo, we won everywhere except in front of goals and with the umpires.

our destiny is in our hands.

if we capitulate as we did against footscray with chippi crap and against Collingwood with more chippi crap, I'll be very dissapointed.

i want to see courage from more than about 6 or 7 players, I want to see team effort, gang tackling and more gang tackling.

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints94
SS Life Member

Dan Warna wrote:every game is a final for us from here on in.

if and buts about previous games and what we should have and shouldn't have won are immaterial.

if we can't go out and show some guts and courage tonight we aren't worth our salt.

we are pinned to the wall, champions are out injured, we've been nailed by the AFL we have 2 out of the 4 worst umpires presiding over the game.

if we go out there and play chippi chippi lotto and keepings off and lose the game I'll be so angry.

if we go out and hammer an injury depleted WCE side as we did in round 12 and give it everything, and bust our guts out, even if we lose (as we did to freo earlier in the year) I'll be proud of our boys.

as I said at the time against freo, we won everywhere except in front of goals and with the umpires.

if we capitulate as we did against footscray with chippi crap and against Collingwood with more chippi crap, I'll be very dissapointed.

i want to see courage from more than about 6 or 7 players, I want to see team effort, gang tackling and more gang tackling.
oh nah you dont say :!:

HarveysDeciple

Win and we are almost certainly there.

Lose and we need to beat Richmond (probable) and we need to have Adelaide and Brisbane both lose once.

they play each other this week so one of them will lose, which means we will either need... Collingwood to beat Adelaide at the dome (scarily tight beat)
or Geelong to beat Brisbane(safer option) depending on which way that goes.

cowboy18
Saintsational Legend

Superboot wrote:The thing I've got my eye on is Sydney. We don't want to have to travel there in the first week of the finals should we finish 7th or 8th.
I think we would beat them up here if we had another crack.

Last time we played mediocre football, they played well, we missed chances, they took theirs, they got the rub of the green with a couple of critical decisions that lost momentum for us (they would have won regardless of those though) and their form is wavering. I think they may limp into finals with a couple of big injury clouds.

st_Trav_ofWA
Saintsational Legend

homework wrote:
Dan Warna wrote:every game is a final for us from here on in.

oh nah you dont say :!:
homie produce a post that is worth reading and in english that is over 3 lines and isnt "anyone got some bally pics" then you can diss a person for their posts

"The team that wins in the most positions and makes the least amount of mistakes, usually wins the game." -- Allan Jeans

http://westernsaints.wordpress.com/
The Saintsational Man
Club Player

Fair call.....

"Homework" no need 2 have a go.....it was a good post.....i read it

Lets no forget people were all "Saints" supporters.....

So why cant we all just get along!!!

Dan Warna
Saintsational Legend

in truth the baker incident has been 'good' for saintsational.

I hope it has taht effect on the football team.

JD and J.boy having a pleasant discussion without abusing each other...

Bewaire krime, da krimson bolt is comeing to yure nayborhood to smach krime

SHUT UP KRIME!
Saints94
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:Fair call.....

excactly why cant we all just get along we all want saints to win and lats keep it that way

The Saintsational Man
Club Player

homework wrote:

excactly why cant we all just get along we all want saints to win and lats keep it that way
Buddy for a name like "Homework" u clearly didn’t do any at school.....

Spelling needs heaps of work :wink:

Saints94
SS Life Member

The Saintsational Man wrote:
homework wrote:

look the day i joined saintsational i was at my mums work njernda in echuca and the computer i was on was for homework classes and im not a computer genius so when i joined up jan 31 2007 the day roo done his hammy, it said username and i thought you had to write your computer username and because the computer i was using back then, its username was homework and i thought you had to write watever your computer username is i didnt want it to be shitty HOMEWORK! i actually wanted it to be saints premiers
2007 and thats why i got the crumby username HOMEWORK and sorry for my s*** spelling its just that i rush my writing and i make mistakes

Sam_Fisher_Rulez

homework wrote:
The Saintsational Man wrote:
homework wrote:

look the day i joined saintsational i was at my mums work njernda in echuca and the computer i was on was for homework classes and im not a computer genius so when i joined up jan 31 2007 the day roo done his hammy, it said username and i thought you had to write your computer username and because the computer i was using back then, its username was homework and i thought you had to write watever your computer username is i didnt want it to be shitty HOMEWORK! i actually wanted it to be saints premiers
2007 and thats why i got the crumby username HOMEWORK and sorry for my s*** spelling its just that i rush my writing and i make mistakes
well why dont you just go to edit posts if you make mistakes :?:

my les foote
Club Player

Just lucky the computer wasn't called "Jeff Farmer is God"

Win it for HIM!
Mr X from the West
Club Player

HUGE boost to our club and our confidence if we win tonight.

We will have defeated the reigning Premiers both home and away in the one season.

Like our ins (Kosi, Ferg and Attard) so no excuses.

"Blow out the candle I will burn again tomorrow"
saintspremiers
Saintsational Legend

well according to the CH7 promo for tonights game, if St.Kilda lose we are "gone" from the finals race!!

.....let's face it, they have about as much cred as the tribunal, stupid forking knobjockeys!!!

i am Melbourne Skies - sometimes Blue Skies, Grey Skies, even Partly Cloudy Skies.
Otiman
Saintsational Legend

Win and we play finals
Lose and we don't deserve to, but may end up doing so if adelaide/brisbane matches go our way.

midas_touch
Club Player

Gotta win tonight if we are 'worthy' of being a finals contender. Lose, and we can still make it, however we don't deserve to play off if thats the case.

Trust the Midas Touch

"My heart is at St.Kilda, I've been here seven years, I only wanted to play for them." (Fraser Gehrig, 27/11/2007)
stinger
Saintsational Legend

i would rather we keep winning and keep our future in our own hands......and flower the afl...cheating mongrels that they are......

.everybody still loves lenny....and we always will

"Freedom of expression is the cornerstone of a free society,"

However, freedom of expression is not encouraged in certain forums.